“Awful.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely terrible. Marty, the waitress, literally came up to our table and said "what do you want"....this, after waiting 30 minutes without anyone asking us if we wanted drinks!

Martha was rude. So was other waitress.

Food was the worst. We returned two dishes. The spicy pasta dish was literally franks red hot and pasta and dried sausage with about 1.5 soggy shrimps.

My mother ordered something and was served something completely different than what was on the menu. The waitress just tried to tell her it looked different. The menu listed ravioli. She was served HAM. I'm not making this up.

Anyway, won't be back. I would avoid this place at all costs. It's a glorified diner with a prison chef.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Honeoye Falls, New York
“always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A nice place to go for a nice meal or a quick burger. It is always decorated tastefully for the appropriate seasons. Love the view of the falls!

Visited October 2013
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's great to sit out on the port h in the warm weather and near the fireplace in the winter. The food is good, and it's nice not to eat at a chain.

Rochester, New York
“Surprisingly good food from a small-town pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ate dinner here with my wife and daughter earlier this summer and was impressed by the variety and quality of the food. The menu ranges from basic bar food to more high-end entrees, and we tried both ends of the scale; I had a burger with fries, my daughter had mussels, and my wife had a salmon special. We were all pleased with our meals, which were all well prepared. And though I didn't partake, they did have an interesting beer list, contrary to what another reviewer wrote. Not entirely local, no, but varied enough to please most palates.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Henrietta, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had heard good things about this restaurant, so we decided to check it out. Not pretty by any means, it does have a fantastic view of the falls from their back patio. However, our visit was during a heatwave so we sat inside. Their beer selection was minimal, which surprised me because we had been told they feature a lot of local beers. There were 2 on the menu.

The menu for entrees was slim, basic sandwiches, and the specials board had two more inventive meals, but nothing we were interested in. My husband ordered a basic chicken sandwich on a roll with lettuce, tomato and mayo. It was nothing special. I ordered the chicken breast on foccacia. It came out on toasted white bread. It was too weak to hold up to the pesto, roasted red peppers and spinach and quickly became soggy. The fires were bland, obviously frozen.

As much as we wanted to like The Brewery, we just didn't. The view is great, the food just basic.

• Visited May 2013