“great escape close to home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel

You added Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 North Ocean Avenue, Holtsville, NY 11742 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Macarthur Airport hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Lindenhurst
“great escape close to home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

It was great to get away to a friendly, clean place that my husband and I could relax, but close enough to home if there was an emergency. I recommend this hotel to all my friends
and family for vactions and just a weekend getaway. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly. Nice by TM.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Toni M,

The little "getaway" explained in your sweet review sounds extremely pleasant! I think everyone can understand that sometimes you just need a little get away, and we are pleased to have provided you with one! I am thrilled that we are close enough to home in case of an emergency, but assisted you and your husband in feeling the perks of a true getaway. We all need a little vacation from our lives sometimes, and our hotel is excited to be able to provide you with such. We would love to assist you and your family in the future, for a nice getaway, or for any occasion. Just call the front desk to set up a reservation!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The front desk staff greeted us as soon as we walked into the hotel. The room was bright and clean. Since I was travelling with kids, the maids responded to my request for extra towels in a timely fashion. I was here visiting family and when we returned at night the room was made up and cleaned better each day we were there. I would and have recommended to my family to stay here when they visit Long Island.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear jfs1964,

We are all thrilled you had a great stay and would recommend us to family, for that gives us great pride! I have sent your review to my housekeeping director, who is going to be over the moon with happiness! It is reviews like this which remind us that we are achieving our goals of customer service and warm, satisfying accommodations. Please do come back in the future, we would love to have you and your family stay again.

Shirley, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The first thing I noticed was that The American Flag was improperly displayed. It was torn and hanging by only one loop. When I addressed the issue the manager explained the pulley was broken. I was ok with this until I looked at it a little closer. Apparently the pulley was broken for a very long time because it had been tied off at the top of the poll. Then there was a party in one of their main rooms on the first floor. I was on the third and could hear the bass blasting and shaking the walls. When I called they said they would take care of the problem. A few minutes later the manager called and asked if that was better, when there was no difference in the volume of music. That lasted until 11pm. When I woke up Saturday morning there was a plate outside one of the other customers rooms which stayed there until after midnight. Yes it was the same plate. The weather in NY hasn't been the best but as a business you should have your sidewalks and entrances to the hotel cleared which this hotel did not. The beds are very firm so its good if you like sleeping on rocks otherwise don't plan on getting rest. Finally if you have KIDS, please be aware that the showers are extremely hot. One second its cold the next its scolding so please keep an eye on your kids when they shower. The staff seems very nice but useless.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joseph A,

I would first like to assure you that our American Flag issue has been resolved. Sincerely, I am sorry that it upset you so, for I completely understand the disappointment. I am glad that my manager addressed the noise complaint, for our guest's satisfaction is our number one priority. I do hope you know in the future we can attempt to move your room as well. I have advised my housekeeping manager about the plate sitting outside the room for the extended period of time so these incidents can be addressed promptly and professionally. Every storm we have been hit with has been addressed by management immediately as well. I do assure you that I have had my managers cleaning the parking lot in the middle of the night off of their shift to maintain our guest safety. Unfortunately, it is difficult to up-keep when we have gotten hit blizzard after blizzard with no opportunity to get time in between storms. However, our sidewalks are constantly salted, and our parking lot has been plowed each storm. Our beds are sleep number beds, which can be easily adjusted to your preferred firmness. For future stays, call the front desk. We would be more than happy to send an engineer up to assist you in adjusting the bed. I am upset to hear that you find our staff nice but useless, for we always go above and beyond for our guests when given the opportunity. If many of your issues were reported at the time of incident, including your shower, we would have immediately addressed them for you to make your stay more pleasurable. I do hope you get the experience to see this in the future at our property.

Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Ive been staying at this hotel for about three months because of work.i have my wife and two little girls with me. We stayed in many hotels over the past twelve yrs and have never had customer service as good as this. It starts off at breakfast where Tina and louis make it fun for kids. I dont have a car but the maintenance guys andrew and hector make sure my family and I get to the store anytime we need. The management team Ilene,Cassandra, Melissa, rj,and paul have made us feel at home since we have been here. Even the front desk people Matt and Jodi have given rides when van wasnt available. if u want to stay somewhere where they treat u like family this is the place

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Craig C,

First off, I would like to express how enjoyable it was to accommodate you and your wonderful family. We really appreciate your review, and are so pleased we made you guys feel like family during your stay. We know how difficult travelling is, especially for long periods of time. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. We can't wait until you guys come back!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!