“The staff is wonderful.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel

You added Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 North Ocean Avenue, Holtsville, NY 11742 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Macarthur Airport hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
“The staff is wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

While I was staying at the Ramada Plaza, everything was perfect, especially the staff. One of the employees, Steven, was so friendly. He made us feel at home. He was so helpful the entire time and always knew what he was doing.

• Stayed December 2012
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I would first like to thank you for choosing our hotel and I was very glad to hear that Steven was accommodating to you. Steven was very happy to hear about your kind words and will continue to spread excellent customer service to our guests. Thank you again for commenting and please choose us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Holtsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

To whom this may concern,

It has been my great pleasure to stay at one of your locations located in Holtsville New York where Miss Cassandra Hartmann is the General Manager! My line of work requires me to travel and stay for long periods of time, more than I would like to at times... Some stays are far from pleasant, some good, and rarely do you find a staff that shines! I have been at this location for the past 10 days as of today with my expected check out to be sometime in mid to late February.

The reason for the e-mail to you is to express my joy and complete satisfaction with your facility and front end staff! In this day and time I'm sure all you get to hear are the complaints from unhappy customers for one reason or another. Not true on my behalf! Your people here have gone above and beyond to make my stay the best!! If I ask for something it is there, if there is a problem it is taken care of sooner than later! Some of our people move from location to location trying to get happy, not the case here! From the time I made the call to Melissa Stratmann that I would be arriving, my check in, my room and all that I needed has been provided, that means a lot to me as it should to you. Thank you for a wonderful staff, their training is at the highest degree of professionalism and they are at the top of their game when dealing with customers, always greeted with a great personality and a pleasant smile...

A Special Thanks to:
Miss Cassandra Hartmann
Miss Melissa Stratmann
Mr. Paul Blanco
Mr. Victor Pope
Miss Debra Britch
Miss Jodi Demaio

Thank You once again for a wonderful stay, and all the Best to You!

Wesley W. McClure, Jr.
2330 Partridge Way
Mobile, Alabama 36695
251.377.3930

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Mr. McClure for your breathtaking words and compliments to the staff. I have to say, you were a pleasure to have in our hotel. Statistically most people would leave a bad review then a good one so it is heart warming to see a review like this one. Please think of us again whenever you are in the area.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My two sisters and I recently visited this property for a five night stay. We came to New York to lay our mother to rest with our father. The staff of this hotel went above and beyond the call of duty to help us at this very difficult time in our lives. The hospitality began before we even arrived with Vic finding a way to provide us with accommodations during such a busy time for the hotel. At arrival I had made an error in our arrival date and even with a fully booked hotel, Paul made sure that these three grieving women were not inconvenienced or displaced for that first night. Every day of our stay we were met with a staff that wanted nothing more than to make our stay as comfortable and peaceful as possible. They went out of their way to pick us up at the airport when we arrived and they provided us with shuttle service to several local restaurants and shopping areas during our stay. Having just lost my mother, I had a few nights that sleep was something that eluded me all together. Being a light smoker, I made several trips down stairs to go out for a smoke in the middle of the night and was always greeted by Steve and he expressed his concern for me receiving adequate rest during such a difficult time. On our last day, the hotel took us to the airport, we checked in, went through security and made our way to the gate. Shortly after arriving at the gate, we were informed that our flight leaving out of New York was going to be leaving too late for us to make our connection in Baltimore. With that information and no offer from the airline to put us up for the night, I called the hotel in tears and was told not to worry, they would come back and pick us up. When we arrived back at the hotel, we were tired and felt very defeated. We were greeted by Vic and Paul with hugs. They already had a room checked in for us and had the keys already made. We walked down the hall to our new room and really cried when we opened the door to a beautiful suite. These compassionate people realized just how low our spirits would be when we arrived back at the hotel and they did what they could to lift our spirits.

I don't know if I will ever return to this area again. However, if I do, there is no doubt in my mind where I will stay. These first class employees exemplify what every hotel front office should strive for.

On a final note. You may ask what qualifies me to recommend this hotel. First and foremost I was quite simply a guest. One of three grown children visiting the area to bury our mother. On the other hand, I have 10 years experience as an executive level manager for a large hotel chain. I have not been in the business for several years but certainly know the commitment it takes from a person to provide such consistent, quality service to the guests they serve.

Many Thanks, Laurie, Pam and Linda

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you ladies for your wonderful words. Victor, Paul, Steve, the entire staff were so excited to see this comment because you ladies put a smile on everyone one of their faces. I am sorry to hear about your mother passing however I am so glad that our staff was able to accommodate you so well. I really hope that you come and visit us again because I know myself, and the rest of the staff would love to have you. Im sorry we met under the circumstances that we did, but I feel truly blessed to have met you. Thank you again and have a wonderful holiday.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have had a great stay at this motel the place is clean n upscale, as well as the staff is great.. Especially Steve at the night desk is always a pleasure and going above and beyond to make the stay the best possible experience . Thanks to the plaza staff.

Only rated spa and breakfast terrible because doesn't apply.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so muchSuperbee54 for your kind words and compliments to Steve. We always try to go above and beyond for our guests and Steve displays a great example of that. I hope you come back to the area soon and stay with us again because I know we would love to have you. Thank you again.
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here for a week with 2 separate stays due to a wedding in another town and we decided to stay one night closer to the reception. This is the old Crowne Plaza and they haven't changed the name on the building yet, but Ramada has fully taken over the premises. Major renovations need to take place, hopefully they have plans.

The rooms have free wireless, no safe, no kitchenette, a small refrigerator is available for $10 extra, small bathrooms and the closet is a cabinet about 2 feet wide. If you need to swap out feather pillows for regular pillows - just call the front desk and they will accommodate you. Bed and blankets are very comfortable! Hallway rugs are very stained, noticed holes in the walls in places and the card readers don't work on the outside doors. Just not up to par of what you would think of at a Ramada.

I do appreciate this place having a helping hand in the community when it was needed (I see this in other reviews), but that is no excuse to get high marks on the quality of your stay.

First stay: Checked into the room in the day and found someone’s dirty underwear and socks in the top drawer. Never used that drawer. A lot of excuses for simple requests.

Second stay: Checked in late at night. As I was checking to see if we had feather pillows, we noticed something weird with the bed sheet. It wasn't really on the bed. We tried to put it on.....wrong size! Housekeeping had to come and strip the whole bed and put the correct sheet on the bed. Had to ask for coffee cups, a Do Not Disturb sign and once again drawers were filled with garbage that should have been cleaned out. The bathroom sink was coming off the wall - very wobbly. Tops of old shampoo bottles in the drain of the shower and some gunk on the bathroom floor. The TV had such a fuzzy quality...so uncalled for this day and age.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in the back both times. Very Quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Masterofdaisy, Thank you so much for your review. We are in the middle of a transition from a Crowne Plaza to a Ramada Plaza, but because of the storm we have not received our new signs yet and I do apologize for any confusion that may have caused. I do want to express my regrets when it comes to any inconveniences you may have had during your stay. I have contacted both my maintenance department and housekeeping director regarding your comments and these are things that I promise, will not be overlooked. Immediate action is being taken to rectify these situations.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again and when doing so please contact me so that I can assure you have the most accommodating stay. Again my apologies and thank you for taking the time to share your experience as we strive for great service and like to learn and correct our mistakes.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

12/11/12
To: Corporate Ramada
I would like to start this off by saying that our stay here at the Ramada has been a pleasure. The people that work here are the best. Your front desk staff Victor Pope has the biggest heart of anyone that I have ever meet, Paul Blanco is one of the hardest workers that you have and Steven Wilson is also a very hard worker, If it had not been for your front desk staff making our stay here so very nice and homely due to us being so far away from home (Alabama) Roll Tide. I would have already been committed to the nearest crazy home by now. So all of you Ramada Corporate should be very very thankful that you have all of these wonderful people that make this hotel so successful and thank you again for having your wonderful front desk staff they are the best.

The Wrights
Pilot/Allstate

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
West Sayville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

well i have not stayed in the hotel yet so after my stay I will give my review again. But so far the staff at the hotel was so nice and helpful. I went through 1 of those online booking places to get a nice night out for my boyfriend and I after the house had flooded from the storms. He is working all of the time trying to get the house back to liveable conditions. So a night out is just what we needed. Unfortunately there are a lot of visiting workers in the area working to get LI back to what it was. I was unaware that the hotel we booked through the online agent was where some of them were staying. So going there i was told there was no room because the workers stays had been extended. I never got a call from the online agent who was supposed to call. Thank god we had somewhere we could go that night. The online agent was nooooooo help about 45 mins into the call and all they did was refund my $$. not happy. But Victor and the staff at the Ramada tried for about 45 min to find me another hotel. So even though i did not stay they helped through a difficult situation. I am going back to see them soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you Melanie for your kind words about our hotel even though you were not able to stay with us. I do apologize that Expedia.com could not help you or didn’t call you with updated information, and I was glad to hear that Victor was able to help you in any way he could. Please contact my Front Office Manager Paul Blanco at 631-758-2900 if you ever need a place to stay and we will make sure we give you all the comforts of home. We hope to see you soon and good luck to you and your family.

Been to Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!