“all the help they can give” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 North Ocean Avenue, Holtsville, NY 11742 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Macarthur Airport hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Holtsville
West Sayville, New York
“all the help they can give”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

well i have not stayed in the hotel yet so after my stay I will give my review again. But so far the staff at the hotel was so nice and helpful. I went through 1 of those online booking places to get a nice night out for my boyfriend and I after the house had flooded from the storms. He is working all of the time trying to get the house back to liveable conditions. So a night out is just what we needed. Unfortunately there are a lot of visiting workers in the area working to get LI back to what it was. I was unaware that the hotel we booked through the online agent was where some of them were staying. So going there i was told there was no room because the workers stays had been extended. I never got a call from the online agent who was supposed to call. Thank god we had somewhere we could go that night. The online agent was nooooooo help about 45 mins into the call and all they did was refund my $$. not happy. But Victor and the staff at the Ramada tried for about 45 min to find me another hotel. So even though i did not stay they helped through a difficult situation. I am going back to see them soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you Melanie for your kind words about our hotel even though you were not able to stay with us. I do apologize that Expedia.com could not help you or didn’t call you with updated information, and I was glad to hear that Victor was able to help you in any way he could. Please contact my Front Office Manager Paul Blanco at 631-758-2900 if you ever need a place to stay and we will make sure we give you all the comforts of home. We hope to see you soon and good luck to you and your family.

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel became my saving grace following the destruction left behind by Hurricane Sandy. Dispatched by my company to restore power to the thousands of Long Islanders left in the dark, I found the Ramada to be my home away from home. The front desk staff was fantastic. After our long days in the field, they were always there to greet us with a smile and kind words. I found this to be amazing considering the amount of stress placed upon them with a hotel bulging at the seams. The rooms were always well kept and our requests were honored. Thank you to Deborah, Paul, Victor, Jodi, Carolyn, and Steven at the front desk. I especially need to thank the hotel manager, Cassandra Hartmann. She not only went out of her way to accomodate my group, she has now become a close friend. Cassandra...kudos to you and your staff for all of your hard work making our stay a fond memory not a nightmare! To those of you reading this review, I can highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much ScottAlex24 for your kind and heartwarming words. I was so glad to hear that our staff was such a big help to your company. My staff was very happy to hear about your uplifting comment and they all enjoyed having you with us. I feel that we have all become closer during this situation and as I always say, “May all who enter as guests, leave as friends”.
Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We are a family displaced by Hurricane Sandy, and the staff here has been nothing short of amazing. We've been hotel hopping since we evacuated on October 28th and we were nothing short of blessed to find our way to this hotel. We've got plenty of space at a reasonable price. The food at Yogi's has been terrific. Paul, Victor, and Melissa have all been extremely helpful. They have really gone above and beyond to make our difficult time being away from home, a lot more like home. I can't say enough good things in this review. It's been a pleasure to stay here. Sylvester D.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I am vey glad to hear that we were able to help you and your family during this disaster. It has been a real pleasure having you stay with us and be a part of our family. We like to hear that our staff is going above and beyond for our guests during this trying time and I would like to thank you for staying in our hotel. Please give our warm regards to your family and think of us next time you are in the area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family and I lost most of our home to hurricane Sandy and have spent the last month at this wonderful hotel. Tonight is our last night and we are sad to be leaving. The staff have become like family to us. They have gone above and beyond for us countless times. Everyone at the front desk is so courteous and friendly. Victor, Melissa, Deborah and Ray have been amazing. In the restaurant, Mary, Chelsea, Cassie, Brianna, Megan, Luis and Shauna were all great!

The hotel itself is very clean and nicely kept. The lobby offers a beautiful sitting area with a fireplace which my kids enjoyed very much when they just wanted to get out of the room for a little while. The restaurant served delicious food, provided friendly service and speedy room service. Our room was very comfortable for a family of four. The beds are amazingly comfortable and housekeeping was great. We had laundry facilities on our floor which quickly became a luxury under the circumstances of Sandy. The hotel also offers a clean fully-equipped fitness center which I enjoyed many times during our stay.

I would like to especially recognize the fantastic General Manager, Cassandra Hartmann. She was absolutely amazing when it came to assisting us with all our needs. She was friendly and professional and took a genuine interest in my family and our situation. Without Cassandra we would have been homeless for this past month. Cassandra, the hotel and all the staff were a true blessing for our family during this disastrous time in our lives.

The hotel is in a great location with shopping and restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a great place to stay for any reason.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Jenn,

Thank you SO much for your wonderful response! I shared your comments during our morning stand up this morning, and our staff literally jumped for joy from all of your comments. It's been truly a pleasure having you stay in our hotel, and become part of our family! We will miss you all terribly when you leave, but hope you'll visit us again in the future. Good luck to you in rebuilding your home, and look forward to working with you in the future again!

Happy Holidays!
Rye, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Pros: it was clean for the most part, the bed was comfortable, front desk was nice and the location is good.

Cons: the tv is staticky, barely works, which I didn't even realize happens anymore. Glasses were dirty in the room, major scuff marks and dings on most room doors, elevators seemed aged, and the bathroom wasn't the greatest,

Overall it's fine but if they paid attention to the little details I'm sure it could be a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear whenisthenexttrip1,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to post such a reflective review. I truly appreciate your feedback, as we can only excel in customer service by reviewing our weaknesses and focusing on making them a positive. We've been working with our local provider, as since the storm we were aware some of our television stations have been receiving difficulty in their transmission.

I hope you give us the chance in the near future to work with you again. Please feel free to call me personally at 631.758.2900 ext. 402 so that I can assist you in any future reservations you would like to make!

Thank you again, and a Happy Holiday season to you!

Little Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I want to say thank you to all the staff. You went above and beyond the call of duty during our stay for 14 days while we helped restored power to Long Island. It was nice to come back after a long day to a warm meal and a comfortable bed. I want to thank all that worked the front desk. Victor, Steven, Deborah, Paul, Jodi, and Carolin. it was a pleasure to see your smiling faces in the morning and evening. To Mary, Cassie and Luis. Thank you for having a warm breakfast ready for us to start our day. To Lisa, Aatik and Eileen. Thank you for having a warm meal ready for us after a long day. To the staff at the bar, Tara, Amy C, Amy L, Megan, Paula, and Ashley. Thank for the after dinner drinks. I know you all worked long and hard hours to have everything ready for us. You are all very dedicated and professional at your jobs. I would recommend your hotel to any traveler. Thank you again Steve S

Steve S,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was truly our pleasure in hosting and assisting the 'heros of Long Island' who worked around the clock to restore power and a sense of hope during such a time of crisis in Long Island.

We hope to meet you all again, maybe not under a time of crisis! We welcome all of you and your families back to our establishment, hopefully in the near future!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have to echo Arthur P's review - "Port in a Storm" of the entire staff at the Ramada Plaza in Holtzville has gone above and beyond our expectations during a time of crisis. The dedicated service and patients of the entire staff is unbelievable professional, courteous & friendly. They too have been working none stop to accommodate us and ensure they are answering our every request. Many of the staff and their families were effected by the storm and continued to report to work to serve us. From the gas shortages to no power in their own homes they have endured many hardships brought on by Sandy.
I do have to call out and personally thank Mr. Steven Wilson who was just finishing up a long night shift when I asked him in desperation if he had any availability for my crews who had just spent a miserable night in their line trucks. He could have just answered no politely and sent me on my way, but instead he told me he would contact his Manager and see what they could do, and that he would have her call me when she gets in. To my surprise I received a phone call @ 715am from GM Cassandra Hartmann. She was very clear that she was working with National Grid and doing everything in her power to provide as many rooms as necessary. 14 hours and 30 plus phone calls later Cassandra had great news for me and my crews that she had secured rooms for us. We are extremely gratful and lucky to have had a home away from home at the Ramada Plaza in Holtzville during such a time of chaos. Cassandra to you and your entire staff --- Thank you!!!, Thank you!!!, Thank you!!! for making our stay on LI restful and comfortable!!! It was our pleasure to be a small part of getting LI's power & lights back on.
Sincerely, Paul M.

Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post such a wonderful review. It was truly our pleasure helping the massive team effort that came forth to assist Long Island in receiving power again during such a time of crisis. Your crews were truly a pleasure to have stay with us. We're so glad we were able to get you warm food to eat, and a comfortable place to sleep. I believe I speak on behalf of all of Long Island when I graciously thank you and your team for all of your hard work!

We hope to see you all again! Please extend our warm welcome back to you and your families!

Cassandra

Been to Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!