“Not bad but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 North Ocean Avenue, Holtsville, NY 11742 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Macarthur Airport hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Holtsville
Rye, New York
“Not bad but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Pros: it was clean for the most part, the bed was comfortable, front desk was nice and the location is good.

Cons: the tv is staticky, barely works, which I didn't even realize happens anymore. Glasses were dirty in the room, major scuff marks and dings on most room doors, elevators seemed aged, and the bathroom wasn't the greatest,

Overall it's fine but if they paid attention to the little details I'm sure it could be a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear whenisthenexttrip1,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to post such a reflective review. I truly appreciate your feedback, as we can only excel in customer service by reviewing our weaknesses and focusing on making them a positive. We've been working with our local provider, as since the storm we were aware some of our television stations have been receiving difficulty in their transmission.

I hope you give us the chance in the near future to work with you again. Please feel free to call me personally at 631.758.2900 ext. 402 so that I can assist you in any future reservations you would like to make!

Thank you again, and a Happy Holiday season to you!

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Little Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I want to say thank you to all the staff. You went above and beyond the call of duty during our stay for 14 days while we helped restored power to Long Island. It was nice to come back after a long day to a warm meal and a comfortable bed. I want to thank all that worked the front desk. Victor, Steven, Deborah, Paul, Jodi, and Carolin. it was a pleasure to see your smiling faces in the morning and evening. To Mary, Cassie and Luis. Thank you for having a warm breakfast ready for us to start our day. To Lisa, Aatik and Eileen. Thank you for having a warm meal ready for us after a long day. To the staff at the bar, Tara, Amy C, Amy L, Megan, Paula, and Ashley. Thank for the after dinner drinks. I know you all worked long and hard hours to have everything ready for us. You are all very dedicated and professional at your jobs. I would recommend your hotel to any traveler. Thank you again Steve S

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve S,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was truly our pleasure in hosting and assisting the 'heros of Long Island' who worked around the clock to restore power and a sense of hope during such a time of crisis in Long Island.

We hope to meet you all again, maybe not under a time of crisis! We welcome all of you and your families back to our establishment, hopefully in the near future!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have to echo Arthur P's review - "Port in a Storm" of the entire staff at the Ramada Plaza in Holtzville has gone above and beyond our expectations during a time of crisis. The dedicated service and patients of the entire staff is unbelievable professional, courteous & friendly. They too have been working none stop to accommodate us and ensure they are answering our every request. Many of the staff and their families were effected by the storm and continued to report to work to serve us. From the gas shortages to no power in their own homes they have endured many hardships brought on by Sandy.
I do have to call out and personally thank Mr. Steven Wilson who was just finishing up a long night shift when I asked him in desperation if he had any availability for my crews who had just spent a miserable night in their line trucks. He could have just answered no politely and sent me on my way, but instead he told me he would contact his Manager and see what they could do, and that he would have her call me when she gets in. To my surprise I received a phone call @ 715am from GM Cassandra Hartmann. She was very clear that she was working with National Grid and doing everything in her power to provide as many rooms as necessary. 14 hours and 30 plus phone calls later Cassandra had great news for me and my crews that she had secured rooms for us. We are extremely gratful and lucky to have had a home away from home at the Ramada Plaza in Holtzville during such a time of chaos. Cassandra to you and your entire staff --- Thank you!!!, Thank you!!!, Thank you!!! for making our stay on LI restful and comfortable!!! It was our pleasure to be a small part of getting LI's power & lights back on.
Sincerely, Paul M.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post such a wonderful review. It was truly our pleasure helping the massive team effort that came forth to assist Long Island in receiving power again during such a time of crisis. Your crews were truly a pleasure to have stay with us. We're so glad we were able to get you warm food to eat, and a comfortable place to sleep. I believe I speak on behalf of all of Long Island when I graciously thank you and your team for all of your hard work!

We hope to see you all again! Please extend our warm welcome back to you and your families!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Very good service and very professional. I would recommend this place to any travelers. The nightshift staff are the best most awesome friendliest people in the state of newyork. Thank you for making my stay away from home so exceptional.
Steve Coleman. Corona C A...

• Stayed November 2012
Mr Coleman,

Thank you so much for your kind response. I have posted this for all of the staff to see. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to work with you again in the future!

Mount Sinai, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

First off let me say the staff at this hotel is exemplary. During hurricane Sandy I lost power and water at my house. I called the hotel and initially spoke with Paul. I needed a room for 4 people. My wife, myself and two kids. Paul recommended a suite which has a small kitchen area two couches that open to a bed and a separate bedroom with a King bed. This set up was perfect. Now the hotel could have charged me just about anything they wanted due the hurricane.. But no, the room rate was the same as any other day. Casandra Hartmann the general manager was so accommodating. Several times I needed to extend my stay and there was never an issue. Because of the hurricane the hotel was very busy. I work the night shift and I remember seeing Casandra on one occassion at 9AM when I came home from work and then again that same night at 1030PM helping guests. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Melissa Stratmann Director of Sales for all the help she gave myself and my family during my stay. These employess along with the rest of the staff at this hotel really make you feel at ease and at home. I would just like to add that the hotel is extremely clean. The housekeeping staff do a wonderful job. The food at the restaurant is terrific and reasonably priced. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Now that I have found this hotel I intend to be a frequent guest. This was a terrible disaster that myself and thousands of other people had to endure. So I thank GOD for this hotel and the wonder staff that work there for making a horrible situation easier to bear.
Arthur P

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It was truly a pleasure meeting you and your family Arthur P. I wish we had met under better circumstances, but I was thrilled to be able to assist you during the crisis and aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I truly appreciate all of your wonderful feedback, and look forward to posting this for all of the staff to see.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope to work with you (under differenct circumstances) in the future!

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

When it rained, the ceilings leaked. Every where I was walking, in hotel and restaurant, there was water leaking from ceiling. That's so unsanitary. I was ready to leave the first week. Especially, with my children. I had no choice, but to stay. I will never go back again. They were short staffed. The service from check in and checking out was horrible. They drove us in a van that looked like this was going to fall apart... I was terrified to have my children in that van. This was unsafe, and they had duct tape around a window. I couldn't believe that was our shuttle. You can't compare this place to any hotel. There's no comparison. This pace was a horrible experiencce for me and my family and I will never come here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Swayzer

I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the water leaking throughout the hotel. We did take some minimal structural damage during the Hurricane, and the one item most affected was our roof. I assure you we've already taken corrective action to have these issues addressed immediately, as the storm hit us harder than we had hoped and the damage sustained was unfortunate. I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience towards you during your stay. In addition, our van has been sent to the mechanic since the storm as well, as it additionally was affected during the storm, and we've since had this problem rectified.

I would like the opportunity to work with you in the future again, and speak with you further regarding your concerns. Please call me directly at the Hotel 631.758.2900 and ask for Cassandra. I would really like to show you a better experience at our property should you ever travel to our area again.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It truly can only help us strive for better customer service.

Cassandra

Travelers are raving about these Holtsville hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for a night during the hurricane and have no complaints. Cant say enough good things about the front desk staff here. They were very friendly. The hotel was very busy yet they did not seem stressed or aggrevated with anything. All smiles. The lobby needs some updating. The hotel hallways looked a little dingy but the room was nice. The bathroom had a really nice stand alone glass shower and granite countertops. There was granite int eh sleeping area as well. The bed was very comfortable. Would stay again if my power goes out again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Rosie L for your wonderful compliments. I really look forward to posting them for all of our staff to see.

We wish you all the best, and hope to work with you in the future.

Cassandra

Been to Ramada Plaza Long Island MacArthur Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!