“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
New York City, New York
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Staff very courteous and understanding. Convenient location right off major highway although could be tricky if not familiar with local area. Will definitely stay here again. Room size adequate for family with 2 young kids. Breakfast Buffett has great variety and starts your day off ok.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Doylestown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We like the residence inns because the room is large enough for all three of us. My son doesn't mind the pull out sofa so it must be pretty comfortable. The breakfast is nice to have. We usually stay in Hauppauge but the Holtsville Marriot was $60 cheaper for the same room so we drove about 15 minutes longer.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stay hered for business reasons in October. Have stayed at the Islandia and the Courtyard both Marriorts in the area so kind of knew what to expect. The staff are friendly, theres loads of parking and the rooms are of spacious size. There is a full kitchen there including a full size fridge oven etc. The room I got had a seperate bedroom and lounge.

The one problem with this place is there is no bar in the hotel, so you have to use the one in the restaurant on the complex. The breakfast was also pretty poor but as it was included most people just grabbed a coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kinderhook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Residence Inn - Marrott accepts small dog's and our Lola was treated kindly both in words and deeds. The room accomodations were excellent, spotless and like being at home. Huge HD TV, a full kitchen, large refrigerator, dish washer and all needed utensils. Plus free make your own coffee. Breakfast was also free and provided everything you would like and could hope for. Fresh personally made hot waffles, pancakes, sausages, bagels, english muffins, (3) types of cold cereals, fresh cut fruit salads and chocalte and 2% milk. Hot coffee and hot tea. HD TVs for almost every table. You are permitted (trays provided) to take food back to the room, which delighted the Mrs.
Kitchen staff, house staff and front desk staff went out of their way to get and delivery what every I needed. Front desk helped me get my laptop hooked-up to the internet!!!!!!

I have traved statewide/out of state for easily over 35 years. I have stayed at the finest hotels. I have experienced poor and good stays. I am very demanding, and observing. I truthfully have nothing but positve words to describe how exceptional our latest stay at the Residence Inn turned out.

Room Tip: After several stays at the Residence Inn, I am glad to say each floor and room location have been ex...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here several times for work travel. Well maintained, friendly staff and good food. Great value if you don't mind being out a ways from NYC. Be sure to eat at LA Capanina, which is in the same area...it makes up for the lack of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

First off I want to say in general I am a huge fan of Residence Inn establishments and have stayed at them on several vacations in several states. However my experience at this particular was one of the worst I have ever had - service wise.

My stay started off on a bad start with free shuttle service from the train station never showing and only got worse:
1. This complimentary shuttle service from the LIRR train was a great touch and one of the reason we chose it but apparently this service is not something to be counted on...as I called twice the week before our stay arranging it (even confirming it less then 24 hours before) only to have it not show. When one of the other guests in our party (we had several rooms booked) went to the front desk to check on this - they apparently forgot there was anything even arranged. Worse they made no apologies when i got there for forcing me to take a cab there (strike one - an additional $15 - that could have went to another hotel who can follow through on what is promised).

2. We got to the hotel early due to getting picked up for a wine tour at 11am. We asked if any rooms were available early and understandably they were not but assured us they would be ready by 3pm and likely even by 1pm. We got back from the wineries after 5pm and were told our rooms werent ready - despite them saying we would be a priority earlier and normal check in was 2 hours earlier. Worse yet their excuse was because we had reserved three rooms by each other - and when we finally got them (while they were on the same floor) were still several rooms away. I was appalled that the hotel we planned for my friends bachlorette party couldnt even bother to follow on through on request made months in advance much less be bothered to clean our rooms prior to normal check in time (when we were clearly there early) much less several hours after 3pm with only vague excuses.

3. I just came home and have found my credit card was charged more then what i booked it for or what was on the bill that was provided to me this morning.

I have given them three stars however because the room itself were sizable with nice furnishings and the complimentary breakfast was pretty good. I left this hotel at 11am and plan to never come back unless this place gets a management upgrade and hires people who know what they are doing (and not kids on a summer break).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manorville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I just had sold our home with dreams of him retiring and us finally getting to hike and travel, when I came down with a rare painful and debilitating spinal condition. He now needed to continue working for both the funds and insurance. We came here to stay in the meantime. We could not have chosen better! This hotel is perfect in EVERY way...clean, comfortable, accommodating, great rooms that are roomy and fully equipped, amenities, complimentary breakfasts and 4 evenings of complimentary light fare dinners, free shuttle to train, airport and local stops and the best warm homemade cookies anywhere! There is a beautiful pool, hot whirlpool type thing, exercise room and basketball court that I personally can not use with my condition, but looks wonderful! Best of all is the staff..ALL the staff from housekeeping to desk staff. They are so friendly, helpful and kind. You feel so cared about here. They are amazing and I am so grateful we are here. It is helping make a difficult time in our lives so much easier! It is also a great location!

Room Tip: Just consult the staff. Knowing my condition, they were so accommodating. We have a lovely quiet roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Holtsville, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

It warms our heart to know that we have touched you in such a meaningful way, as we strive to do here at Holtsville Residence Inn by Marriott. It is truly guests like you, that we welcome into our family that really make us successful and who we are as a team. So on behalf of the entire staff at the Holtsville Residence Inn by Marriott I reassure you there will always a warm bed and a welcoming set of arms here for you. Welcome to our family.

Warm Regards,

Lauren Kemler
Ph: 631-475-9500
Email: holtsvillegm@ih-corp.com

Been to Residence Inn Holtsville? Share your experiences!