“Would not hesitate to stay there again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   865 StateRoute 37, adj to Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, Hogansburg, NY 13655   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hogansburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Syracuse, New York
“Would not hesitate to stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

First of all, let me say I was ecstatic to be able to get a room with my boyfriend the day before we planned on going (although it was 12/23, so probably not a lot of people were casino-bound)! The Akwesasne Casino is adjacent to the Inn. It's definitely within walking distance and they have shuttles anyway!!

The staff was SO pleasant & efficient and the rooms were absolutely immaculate/spotless. I read that they were renovating until some time in 2012 and I would guess our room had already been renovated. It was lovely (2 queen beds). The only problem was that our room was tropically warm! Not a big problem, though, because the air conditioning worked just fine, even if it was weird to have the AC on all night when it was about 15 degrees outside!!

The included continental breakfast was decent with great & friendly service. It was clean and there were tvs to watch everywhere!

The only other complaint I had was the noise, and it wasn't from other patrons! It was the housecleaning staff at about 8:30 a.m., when checkout wasn't until noon. I like to sleep in a bit, and they liked to talk a bit. Oh, and the HD channels on the TV had no sound, but a quick call to the front desk fixed that (unplug it & plug it in again, of course)!

Overall, though, really nice & I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Forced to stay here often on business. Hotel is across the parking lot from the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, and there is an IGA across the street. Breakfast buffet is good, and constantly kept full with a few hot breakfast options. Front desk staff are very friendly and efficient, and treat regular guests especially well. Free cookies in the afternoon are delicious. Rooms are very clean and well kept. Free internet in rooms with wifi password and a free internet computer with printing in the lobby. The gym is small and could be improved, but this is the only negative about this hotel - but this should improve with the expansion that is supposed to be complete in Spring 2012 with a bigger gym and new pool. Definitely the best hotel in the Choice Hotels chain I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Trois-Rivières
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

2 minutes walk from Casino. Room clean. Breakfast included very good: a lot of choice. Staff very professionnal. Rooms are not soundproof but if your neighbor are quiet than no problem!!! Unfortunately, it was not our case... We had great time at Casino. As the other, sometime you win sometime you loose!!! Casino's restaurants are good and cheap. Enjoy your trip and good luck! We will return...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bouckville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

room was clean and nice. was close to casino and our meeting on the reservation. however it would be nice to have a pool and hot tub, This would really add to the whole expereince! The staff was wonderful and had fresh cookies awaiting us upon arrival was a very friendly place !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I booked the Comfort Inn for a group, a hockey team staying overnight between out-of-town games. We had stayed at the hotel previously two years ago and it was a comfortable stay. This stay was also good, but there were some issues. Commendably, the hotel has changed to a non-smoking facility. The first room to which I was assigned was a smoking room that had been converted. The smell, though, was still very evident. I requested a room change, and it was granted promptly by the helpful and friendly desk staff. The entire hotel seemed to be overheated. Although it was snowing outdoors, I had the A/C set to max cool in my room. The beds in the room were comfortable, but the pillows were too thick and I awoke with a rather sore neck. The shower had good water temperature and pressure, but the shower head was too low. The wireless Internet in the room was very slow, so I plugged into the wired connection and the speed was excellent. The hotel is adding a new wing, so there was notable construction. While this may have been a temporary inconvenience, it should make the hotel even better. All things considered, I will book another stay at the Comfort Inn should my travels take me to Hogansburg.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Montpelier, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I booked a room on www.Comfortinn.com (which I guess reroutes you to another site) for the comfort Inn and Suites in Hogansburg, NY last weekend. I was traveling with a friend, so I requested a room with 2 beds. The online transaction processed and I thought no problems. But when we checked in, the from desk clerk said there were no double bed rooms left, and could only offer me a king bed, and a cot "free of charge". For two men over 6 feet, this was a real pain to say the least. I am writing this so maybe Comfort Inn will fix there reservation system and to let others know to call the hotel as well and not get duped like me.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and avoid the online system
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I spent one night here as a "mystery stop" on our travels between the Thousand Islands area and Montreal. The "mystery" was her unexpected surprise of going to a Casino on our trip. The hotel is literally next door to the Casino.

The hotel is quite new and truly was excellent. The front-desk staff was very pleasant, with several people on duty. Our room with a king-size bed was large, very comfortable and very clean. Our room also had a microwave, mini-refrigerator and safe. The location is very quiet. Breakfast was excellent.

When we first booked the hotel we felt the room rate was slightly high, but after staying here felt the rate was reasonable considering the high quality of the hotel, and with no taxes or additional fees added to our bill.

Dining in the area seemed to be very limited. Our front desk clerk said most people eat at the casino next door which is what we also did.

The hotel was full the night we were there (we understand it is full almost every night) and is undergoing a major expansion to double the size of the hotel. But this construction did not interfere with our enjoyment as this is one end of the building.

We definitely would recommend this hotel for anyone staying the area, expecially if going to the casino is on their agenda.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!