“You get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Inn & Suites

You added FairBridge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
FairBridge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   17 Main Street, Route 218 & 9 W, Highland Falls, NY 10928 (Formerly Econo Lodge )   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Highland Falls
Cut Bank, Montana
“You get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Being the cheapest lodging in the West Point / Bear Mountain area, I decided to book with FairBridge. This place is definitely in need of some TLC, but I felt that it was worth the going rate.

Room was clean (outdated, but it was clean). Thermostat worked, which was nice due to the unusual cold temperatures outside, and the continental breakfast was ok.

With everything being average, and what was expected of a lower cost motel, the one thing that really stood out was the fact that the Counter (regardless who was staffing it) spoke to me by name, and they even introduced themselves when I was checking in. For that reason, if I ever visit west point again, I will be a repeat customer.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you find yourself visiting West Point, there aren't many decent hotels within a short drive to the campus/base. The Fairbridge is convenient. There are a couple restaurants nearby, and the hotel is close to two of the entrances. In general, this hotel is not the kind of place most people would stay. The rooms are rundown. The beds and linens are old and worn. They offer a continental breakfast which is barely edible. There is a small refrigerator in the room that is so loud that we had to unplug it so that we could sleep. There was also a 15+ year old microwave with a crack door. The front window drapes didn't close completely and with the bright hall light outside the window, was difficult to make the room dark. The weekend rates in the Fall are $140+ per night so make sure you clarify your rate when you book. We thought it was $140 for the weekend.

Room Tip: There aren't many good rooms, but the second floor give some extra privacy so that cars aren'...

Travelers are raving about these Highland Falls hotels

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice stay we have had here, recommended to me by a friend who lives in this zone, and was a stupendous recommendation! Very accessible price and the staff was delightful, they were so kind and sweet to us. So I, in change, recommend very much this hotel to you! If you are staying in this zone you must certainly choose this one!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I always travel with ear plugs, which I put in once I heard the party music. But I foolishly assumed it was nothing to worry about because we were in the room above the front desk and that the night clerk would hear the noise and shut them down. Either there was no night clerk, he fell asleep, was afraid or was being paid to ignore what was happening but either way my wife finally called the police when the fight that broke out in the parking lot spilled on to the highway. I later found out from the people we were traveling with that a several people drove into the parking lot to visit a woman who was staying there that night. I'll let you do the math. At any rate, don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
PropertyManager0101, Front Office Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
As always thank you for taking the time to write your review. However it must be made clear that not one of your complaints is topical. Our motel shares highway access (entrances within 25’) and an easement with a neighboring Banquet Hall. The events you described took place within the confines of the parking lot of said Banquet Hall. It is also worth noting that you were released the cost of one night’s stay for both your rooms because of the disturbance next door. What is really upsetting is the attempt at libel. Trying to damage our reputation by publishing false statements, of which your ‘source’ was hearsay.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I got to say I was impressed with this hotel. On check-in they had my paperwork ready. I was greeted enthusiastically and given water bottles for the whole family. The location was great, only a few minutes away from Woodbury Commons. Breakfast was hot and ready each morning. Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the West Point area.

Long Island City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I booked through booking.com and got a pretty good rate. I was in town last weekend for business at West point, which is very close by. The property was in good condition, the staff was nice and breakfast and internet were included. The room itself and bathroom were clean and i did not encounter any problems. For the rate paid, i was very happy with the quality and value. I recommend this place. There are many good restaurants and hiking trails nearby. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in directing me and had great posture to boot. It's in the heart of the Hudson valley so the early spring bloom offered some spectacular views nearby. I will be back in a few weeks and look forward to staying here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Woods Cross, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

It is a bed. Not a good bed. Just a bed. Sink didn't drain. It had a broken drain stop. towel rack was falling off the wall. One working light bulb in the room. Asked for another, but never got it. The room was clean..ish. if you don't have another option, this one sort of works. The only thing really going for it is that the neighborhood is not a bad one and the drive is short to West Point.

• Stayed March 2014
PropertyManager0101, Front Office Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for falling below your expectations. We continuously strive to meet all industry standards and exceed consumer needs.

We encourage you to try us again. We will do everything we can to ensure your satisfaction.

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!