“Perfect Getaway to Get Away!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Highland Manor Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highland
Highland Manor Bed and Breakfast
You added Highland Manor Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2 Windsor Hills Road, Highland, NY 12528   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Highland B&B and Inns
Astoria, New York
“Perfect Getaway to Get Away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Having never been to a B&B before, I would recommend staying at Highland Manor to anyone. With each night we (my fiance and i) retreated to the comfort and coziness of a spacious fire-lit room with a four-post pillow-top bed. The access to the area is perfect for those seeking anything from outdoors to antiquing. We took Tim's recommendations for dinner each night, and to be honest couldn't have been more wholly satisfied than we were stuffed. Each morning has the touch of a catered breakfast. After our first day we were compelled each night to check the board for the following days breakfast. The two dogs were the first to greet us, and consequently showed us to the front door (Quite the lassiesque moment). No less the next morning we were accompanied on a walk with them. An experience for anyone needing a break, your likely to find some R&R here.

Room Tip: Having stayed in the Garden Room, it was refreshing to wake up to sunrise each morning. The property...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
BUffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this B & B, for a weekend celebration for my girlfriend's birthday. It was both our first times ever staying at a bed an breakfast, and I think we'll make it more of regular occurance as there is something to be said of having a "home away from home" while on vacation. During our stay, we stayed in the Tuscany room, which was exactly as advertised...romantic, clean, comfortable and the fireplace and bath were amazing! tim set up the room exactly as planned for my girlfriend with a dozen roses for the "romantic getaway package". We were treated to two superbly cooked breakfasts, that catered to my girlfriend's and my likes and dislikes for breakfasts. Tim does have only times anywhere from 9 to 10 for breakfast, but it is only a small rule to take....as having breakfast at that time anyway allows you to start your day and it is the perfect time to sleep in a little to start the day! When you arrive you plan a tentative breakfast for the two days...and then Tim adds special touches to the preparation of the meal!
Tim provided great recommendations for wineries....places for dinner. Last but not least, the grounds were amazing...I only wished I traveled during warmer months to enjoy them....but We had fun with Tim's two well behaved Dogs, who are amazing with guests.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I frequent this Bed and Breakfast with good reason: it is like being home. The grounds are serene. The rooms are spacious and warm. The innkeeper is friendly and very attentive. The consistency of our stays is what keeps us returning. There is plenty to do throughout the area. This is our getaway place for anniversary and autumn trips. Don't forget to say hello to Saki and Ebbie while you are there!

Room Tip: At least 2 rooms have jacuzzi tubs and policy as I recall is that they go off around 9pm so there is...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed for 1 night and had a great experience. The location was perfect for our trip into New Paltz and hiking along the Hudson. Very close to Franny Reese Park and the Walkway Over the Hudson. The price was right. The guest and common rooms were clean and comfortable, lots to do in the basement, games, gym, TV etc....The grounds were pretty and well-maintained. We enjoyed talking with Tim, who was also very helpful in terms of recommendations for restaurants/activities. Breakfast was delicious. Although there were plenty of beverages/snacks, my only recommendation would be a Keurig to solve the early morning hot coffee issue. That way, a variety of hot beverages would be available 24 hours.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 great nights here in late September along with my sister and her husband. The rooms are roomy with 2 chairs, comfortable bed,TV, A/C - country setting with beautiful grounds,porch, a sitting area with several couches, games, books - nothing missing. I read the review about no early coffee - guest could have asked the night before and I am sure Tim would have provided - that is important to me too, but somehow I slept till after 8 am! So Tim - look into this! I have never been at a B&B where coffee was not available early - that's a good question to ask when booking. By the way, Tim's breakfasts were great! Location is good for restaurants, wineries, mountains, boat ride on the Hudson in Kingston. A great choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Windham, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights and was expecting a much warmer experience after reading the other reviews. There is no coffee available in the morning until after 9. Breakfast is only at 9 or 10 so if you are up early you need to go to town to get coffee. The fireplace and the remote for the incredibly small tv did not work in our room Candles by the tub were burnt all the way down. There wasn't any warmth to the place. I really didn't feel comfortable there at all. Originally I had wanted to stay one night but was told that it was a 2 night minimum, after the first night I was wishing we could have moved to another spot. The bed was so uncomfortable and lumpy. It felt that the owner did the bare minimum expected of him.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent one night at the Highland Manor as part of our autumn getaway from NYC. We had a great experience and would definitely go back. Tim was a gracious and warm host, and his two dogs were so sweet! Our room was huge, with a lovely bathroom. Everything was clean and nicely decorated. Tim helped us with dinner plans that night and then helped with our day plans the next morning. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and we had some nice morning chatter with the other couples who stayed there.

We were really in and out, but I'd love to go back to spend more time on the beautiful grounds. We did quickly try out the sofa swing and hammocks and I would definitely love to spend a lazy day on those! The location is a bit remote but it just adds to the romance of the place. Really lovely.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Highland Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!