“A real find, we loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Arbor Bed & Breakfast

The Arbor Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Falls
The Arbor Bed & Breakfast
You added The Arbor Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
44 Mohonk Road, High Falls, NY 12440   |
Ranked #5 of 6 High Falls B&B and Inns
Allendale, New Jersey
“A real find, we loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I first visited this wonderful old house (with every modern convenience) while a guest at Mohonk Mountain House, and next time we'll skip staying at Mohonk and stay here for the chance to visit with the delightful, artistic and very cool innkeeper Nancy, enjoy the peace and simple but beautiful vintage decor, and get to experience real true personal service.

High Falls is kind of a magical little town, just a handful of eclectic stores and restarants and a potter's gallery not to be missed. I visited with my 6-year old daughter who was accommodated at the Arbor with kind attention, art supplies and encouragement, some very fine children's books, flashlights, etc. We hung out for hours at Vaughn the potter's gallery, got to feed his chickens and love his cats, and help make a vase, after a fashion.

Arbor house has sunny rooms, very comfortable beds, immaculately clean, kimonos, great homemade breakfast... even wireless internet. My favorite B&B, ever.

• Liked — Intelligent gracious innkeeper who manages her B&B with vintage charm & modern conveniences
  • Disliked — that we had to leave after only one night
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

We stayed two nights at the Arbor B&B, traveling up from Manhattan. It was just what we were looking for: quiet, romantic and personal. We were looking for a private getaway and this fit the bill perfectly.

Bed:
The room was comfortable and subtly decorated. The bed was comfy with six pillows. We chose one without an attached bath as it was more affordable.

Breakfast:
Nancy is an amazing cook. Both mornings we had home-baked cranberry bread with butter and two types of preserve, fresh coffee, orange juice, and toast. Skillfully prepared omelets the first morning and an out-of-this-world baked egg dish the second morning.

Dining:
There are five restaurants within easy walking distance that range from upscale, to quaint to quirky.

Overally, Nancy was really sweet and helpful. She gave us great directions to get to Lake Minnewaska State Park and filled us in on some of the history of High Falls.

• Liked — Great price, and everything else was booked in New Paltz
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall--a charming place in every season. My family stayed there every weekend for 8 months while building our house. The lady of the house is a great host and great cook (and an amazing landscape designer). Very friendly atmosphere, elegantly furnished rooms with crisp white linens and extra pillows (this is key!). You won't need an alarm clock here as the delicious aroma of freshly baked breads and cookies permeates the air, calling you down as if to say "breakfast is ready!" Oatmeal pancakes, baked eggs, omelets, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea etc...So call up, reserve, and get pampered!

Stayed January 2007
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I have stayed at the arbor about 4-5 times, and every experience has been perfect. A great weekend escape from NYC. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is delicious. I will continue to visit each year....

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

LOVE THE ARBOR! I can't say enough! Nancy is the best. From an organic breakfast (she even accommodated my boyfriend's sleeping in until noon... at least!) to great clean rooms with awesome sheets - we had a great time to say the least!!

• Liked — Clean and nice!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

I have stayed at bed and breakfasts across the globe and The Arbor Bed and Breakfast is, by far, my favorite. Shortly after our overseas wedding, my husband and I decided to seek refuge at a nearby B&B after our NY wedding reception. I had gone to High Falls with a friend a few years back and recalled the B&B I stayed at: The Arbor. We decided to try it out again and it was more amazing than I remembered. We arrived on a beautiful day and the owner, Nancy, greeted us with cold drinks and snacks. We then unwound by playing badminton on the front lawn. If you arrange it with Nancy some time before your stay, she can also cook dinner. Although High Falls is home to some world-renowned restaurants, my husband and I opted for Nancy's cooking because we didn't want to go anywhere! We played badminton until she told us dinner was ready and we were so pleased. Everything that comes out of that kitchen is exactly the way you would want it: fresh, healthy, and flavorful with beautiful presentation. It's been a while since we stayed there, but I do recall some of my favorite meals: DINNER: fresh made pesto (Nancy went to the herb garden to gather basil and other herbs for the pesto) tossed over linguine, arugula salad with homemade honey-balsamic dressing, freshly picked corn-on-the-cob, and fresh bread. DESSERT: Freshly baked strawberry rhubarb cobler. BREAKFAST: Nancy's famous "herbed eggs" baked to perfection. Her lovely daughter has been there both times I have stayed there and she helps out her mom with serving meals, etc. At the Arbor, you truly feel like you're at home.

Oh, and the beds! We had not had a good sleep in weeks until we arrived at this b&b. I've never experienced a bed as comfortable as this and the sparkling white bed linens only help. We stayed in the red room, which was beautiful. Only one room has a private bath, but we had a shared bathroom and it worked out great. All guests were very respectful and Nancy keeps everything so clean, it really doesn't make a difference.

• Liked — The food and service
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay there longer
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Arbor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!