“My experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
Sylva, North Carolina
“My experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ok, I stay at a motel that is close to where I'll be working, so I stay at all of them. Hyatt's, Hilton's, Super 8's, etc.

This Econo Lodge was ok and I plan on staying here again next year if I come back for business. The staff upon available were super nice and accommodating. Some small things keep me from giving it a "5" rating. First, there need to be hairdryers in the room. I mean, most people travel without a hairdryer these days. I did request one from the front desk and they did provide....I'm just glad they had not loaned them all out. Second, I would like to see a coffee pot in the room. It got old walking to the lobby each morning for coffee.

The room was spotless each day I returned from my work, unfortunately the last day housekeeping did not leave any cups or shampoo, luckily I had some.

The second night I was awakened at 2am due the couple in the next room doing....well, you get the idea, but hey, that is not the motels fault. Tonight, some guys in the same room are just talking loud, hopefully they'll shut up soon.

But overall, it was ok. I did not try the breakfast at all. Lot's of restaurants down Old Country road about 2 miles from the motel. Cheescake Factory, PF Changs, and plenty of fast food places. The Italian restaurant next door is good but pricey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure that all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk and executive staff always looks to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasureable experience. Please know that we have various amenities at our front desk should you find that you need anything or if an item was not replenished.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

On a house hunting trip, so staying there now. I will be back. Great staff. It has been a perfect place to stay to explore wantagh, Seaford, merrick, etc. price was good for the area. Grocery stores etc close

• Stayed May 2013
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us! Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the TripAdvisor community. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. We appreicate your loyalty to our property and are so very happy to welcome you back in the future!
East Quogue, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had to stay during some house construction and Jimmy at the front desk could not have been more accommodating!!! This is not the Ritz this is an economical place to stay. Large, clean rooms. Right off Wantagh Pkwy, microwave, cable, free wifi, fridge, comfortable beds and they still have smoking rooms! Free coffee & hot chocolate 24 hours and free breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us! Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the TripAdvisor community. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our staff understands the importance of a guest and we are constantly improving our property to ensure our guests satisfaction.

I would like to personally invite you back to stay with us should the need arise in the future. Feel free to contact me at the hotel directly anytime. Happy Travels!
Woodbridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. It's close to the Theatre at Westbury, about 5 minutes away. We attended a concert there and since we had a long drive back home we decided to stay the night. The room was clean, bathroom was tiny but clean and had we needed; standing shower, vanity, etc. lots of towels. We had a king bed which was clean and comfy, lots of pillows, flat screen tv. We ordered take-out from a local pizzeria that was reccommended to us - Cucina of Westbury - food was delicious and brought to us hot and fresh with utensils, napkins and plates. It's a good hotel for a short stay. Nice staff too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you had a positive experience and noticed the improvements we've been working on. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure that all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk and executive staff always looks to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasureable experience.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Horrible hotel stay. Old ac and heating system. Took half a day for the room to get warm. Only one person can fit in the bathroom at a time for a room to have dbl beds inside. Carpet has a odor everytime you enter the room my wife had to spray her perfume to get rid of the bad odor from the carpet which had corner spots in it. About 2am in the morning I heard someone drilling from down the hall, wowwww dont have consideration to let your customers know what was going on in which it should of been done during the daytime..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
In response to your review of our hotel during your recent visit with us, I would like to personally extend my apologies for failing in our effort to provide a relaxing stay. We are working to provide quality in both service and accommodations and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I take all feedback very seriously. The hotel is undergoing some minor aestetic renovations, including our AC and heating systems, so that we may provide top quality and comfort to our guests. It is my number one priority to make sure that any work being done takes place during normal hours and does not disrupt our guests in any way.

I don't ever like to hear how we've fallen short during a guest's stay but I appreciate any constructive criticism that helps us to improve. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself at the hotel directly. I hope you will join us again and find our property has improved and provides you with the experience you deserve!
Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my third or fourth time staying here (staying here as I speak). I really can't say enough good things about the Econo Lodge in Hicksville!!

It certainly isn't the Hilton. But for basic accommodation, this place is tops!! I have stayed at other Econo Lodge locations and have been very disappointed. This one however is a very pleasant exception.

The rooms are huge. I have stayed at hotels that cost two or three times as much, and the rooms there are tiny. The rooms here are clean and very comfortable. Beds are comfortable and large.

The staff here are excellent!! They are fast and friendly. They really make you feel as if you are the only thing that matters to them. This holds true for the manager, front desk, and the housekeepers.

They seem to have recently renovated a bit. The rooms now have a good size flat screen TV in them. On the old sets, the picture was a bit grainy. But these new sets - clear and crisp. The air conditioning units have been upgraded as well.

Only two downsides for me. The bathrooms are very cramped. And the WiFi connection is terrible. However I travel with a wireless broadband card, so it really isn't too big of an issue for me. But if you are depending on the WiFi you may be very disappointed.

The price really can't be beat. some of the other hotels in the area are the no-tell motel types, and they cost more than here. With AAA discount, the cost for my stay is $85 a night.

I've stayed here in the past and will definitely stay here in the future when the need arises. I will also recomend this location to anyone without hesitation.

To the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville - keep up the good work!!!!!

Room Tip: This hotel doesn't have an elevator, so if you have alot of luggage - choose a room on the first...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us! We appreicate your loyalty to our property and are so very happy to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the TripAdvisor community. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our staff understands the importance of a guest and we are constantly improving our property to ensure our guests satisfaction. Management is currently looking into our WiFi provider and investigating how we can make it better for our guests.

Long Island City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

It is enough for a few nights stayed, Remained here for the weekend just as a place to crash. The beds were clean and the double room was fine. Staff not so friendly though. Had to ask a few times to get toothpaste as they didn't put it there in the first place. Also since it was the holiday weekend I made a booking online for $100 a night but when i got to the place they said the rate was $170 a night. That's the main problem as well as the carpet not being vacuumed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure that all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk and executive staff always looks to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasureable experience. Recently, we added amenities to the front desk so that if a guest forgets to bring something with them, we can provide it. If you have any questions about your rate and you find a discrepancy, please do not hesitate to contact the General Manager who will be happy to make it right for you.

Been to Econo Lodge Hicksville? Share your experiences!