“Would stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
Rochester
“Would stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because i had enough points for a free night, and it was close to my friend i was visiting. We were there for 2 nights. The only issue we had was a payment issue, and it was really no ones fault, and got worked out immediately. Breakfast wasn't awesome, but it was edible. We spent about $100 for the one night, i couldn't find a better hotel. I saw NO bugs. The micro fridge was in working order. Everything was clean enough. yeah there were some stains on the floor. for $100 a night, who cares!!! what are you doing on the floor anyways that stains are a problem? the sheets and blankets were clean. It was no louder than any other place i have stayed. within walking distance of a few places for food/groceries. i will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure that all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk and executive staff always looks to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasureable experience. We are under new management as of November 1, 2011 and are constantly improving our property to ensure our guests satisfaction.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Avenel, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I booked a room here for my husband and myself for one night. I was alittle apprehensive after reading some of the other reviews. But The price was right. And we just needed a place to crash after an event in the area.
I was very pleasantly surprised. The gentleman behind the counter during check in was helpful and friendly. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. Bed was comfy, there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Vending machines with snacks and beverages.
Free continental breakfast in the morning, included coffee tea and orange juice. Bagels with butter or cream cheese, muffins and cereal. We enjoyed it very much.
Check out was simple and hassle free.
For the price you cannot go wrong with this hotel. A little outdated. But very cared for. Thank you for a great place to crash.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
December 22, 2011

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Econolodge, we would like to extend our appreciation for the opportunity to have served you. We were pleased to hear the wonderful comments from you. Your feedback helps us strive to maintain the high level of quality and service that one would expect from an Econolodge. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Lenox, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

The term "roach motel" applies to this place. I stayed there in September 2011. I needed a room for my mom, my half sister and myself because we were attending a family function. I was so humilliated that I actually took my mother and half sister, who was visiting from Berlin , Germany, to such a dump. Wallpaper is peeling in the hallway. The place was filthy!!! The beds...horrid. None of us showered. We were too grossed out by the place. It is such a dump that I am suprised that they did not offer rates by the hour. Trust me don't stay there when visiting Long Island. The Hilton Gardens in Plainview is only a few miles away and a much better alternative, for just a few dollars more. Yucko. ( But the guy working at the front desk was very nice.)

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
December 22, 2011

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Econolodge, we would like to extend our appreciation for the opportunity to have served you. I want to thank you for sharing with us some of your concerns. I want to inform you that we are under new management as of December 1, 2011. Myself, a well seasoned Hotelier; I value your comments and have made changes accordingly. I do hope in the future you will consider staying at the Econolodge Hicksville. If there is anything I can do, please contact me directly.
Mahone Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed one night on business recently and was just falling asleep around 11:00 pm when three guys blew into the next room, turned on the TV to some sporting event, and began a loud commentary on the game. It sounded like they were in the next room (if I had one). I don't think it would have been much of a problem if the walls weren't so thin. I've never heard noise through a wall in a hotel as clearly as this. I called downstairs and said it was their voices, not the TV and the guy says, ok I'll tell them to turn down the TV. He was very nice about it but not listening to me saying it's their voices not the TV. So then I hear the phone ring next door and Buddy says, we have to turn down the TV.
Good price, but you're gambling on a good sleep.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room where the bed is not on a common wall.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
December 22, 2011

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Econolodge, we would like to extend our appreciation for the opportunity to have served you. I want to thank you for sharing with us some of your concerns. I want to apoligize that you felt our staff member wasn't listening to you. I want to inform you that we are under new management as of December 1, 2011. I have already retrained our front desk team to always listen to our guests, solve their issue and follow-up with our guests to make sure the issue was resolved. I do hope in the future you will consider staying at the Econolodge Hicksville. If there is anything I can do, please contact me directly.
Arlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I understand this is a budget hotel, but this was ridiculous! Stayed here on business for 1 night and I regretted it the moment I walked into the place. I would have left immediately but the business companion I was traveling with had a very limited budget so i took one for the team. The place however was horrible. Agree with a previous person that said the the "non smoking room" smelled of smoke that had penetrated into the walls and furnishings of the room. The carpet did have stains and I found several hairs in and around the bathroom. Additionally the hallway and stairs were full of cobwebs indicating the the facilities had not been cleaned well in some time. And if the room conditions were not bad enough, the fire alarm went off as a false alarm.

The most disappointing is that I only agreed to stay in the place because even though it had mixed review (I'm not sure why) on TripAdvisor.com, it was ranked #1 in the city, a fact that was prominently displayed in their front window. Quite frankly after this horrible experience, I'm not sure i can ever trust a TripAdvisor review again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Econolodge, we would like to extend our appreciation for the opportunity to have served you. I appreciate you sharing with us your concerns. We do take them seriously. I have shared them with my team, and assure you they all have been addressed. Your feedback helps us strive to maintain the high level of quality and service that you would expect from a Choice hotel brand. If there is anything we can do to have you come back and visit us again, please contact me directly.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a power outage 8/28/11 because of Hurricane Irene. We decided to stay here for a night.....never again!! Didn't have power for 5 days! We were supposed to have a non smoking room...OMG....it stunk of smoke so bad. I sprayed Lysol several times in the room & it didn't help. There were stains on the carpet & a very small bathroom. The worst thing was that the next morning, I noticed there was a blood stain on the sheet!!!! I freaked! It wasn't on my side of the bed, but still.....they never should put a stained sheet back on the bed. The only good thing about this place was it had hot water & electricity! I did tell the front desk of our problems there & he did reduce the price of the room a bit. It was also very noisy. We were out of there early....me & my 2 children. My husband had left for work earlier.

Room Tip: Check the sheets & make sure the room doesn't stink!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
gm_econo_hicksville, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
We wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us. Hurricane Irene was devastating to many Long Island residents and we are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience at the hotel. Our executive housekeeper has been made aware of your experience, and action has been taken to ensure those issues are prevented in the future. Your feedback helps us strive to maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. We are happy that you decided to inform our future guests of your experience. If there is anything we can do to have you come back and visit us again, please contact us directly.
Chester, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here because it is in between two colleges we were visiting. With a little sprucing up this would be a nice place. Room was very large with an oddly cramped, dingy bathroom. The vents need a good cleaning as do the bedskirts. The breakfast area is also cramped. The surrounding area is sketchy, and the front desk people sit in a boxed-in, glassed-in area, but they were friendly. Plenty of parking, and we were able to park right outside your room window. No noise or problems sleeping. Great restaurant recommendation from front desk - Mama Theresa's right up the street. Loved it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
We wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us. Currently, we are undergoing some renovations to improve our property's appearance and improve guest satisfaction. In response to your comments, we would like you to pay us another visit in the future. We are happy that you decided to inform our future guests of your experience and hope that you come back and visit us again soon!

Been to Econo Lodge Hicksville? Share your experiences!