“You have to remember that it is a motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hicksville

You added Days Inn Hicksville to your Saves list
Days Inn Hicksville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   828 S Oyster Bay Rd/I-495, I-495 Oyster Bay Rd Exit 43, Hicksville, NY 11801   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
Toronto
“You have to remember that it is a motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We had a ground floor room. The room we got was LARGE. It had two double beds - but it had room for at least six. It was the first time I had read a hotel information book where there was a listing of how much any damage would cost - item by item.
The furniture was simple and the beds comfortable. The only problem was that there was nothing to hold on to when getting in and out of the bath. This was dangerous because the bottom of the tub was worn and thus very slippy when wet.
On our first night there the car park flooded. We had to paddle through about 4 inches of water to get to our car. This I do not blame on the motel - there had been several inches of rain and all car parks and roads in the area had flooding. The management made sure the water was gone later in the day.
The cleaning of the rooms was exceptional. Some crumbs on the floor were gone after the maid had been through. There was some noise from the room above, but it was generally quiet. Just what I would expect in a motel.
Overall, for the price, we got what we paid for. For less than $90 a night we got 5 nights of reasonable comfort. If I had been paying the prices charged by higher class hotels I would have expected more.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chico, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

People were very friendly and nice. It is a typical motel, for what that is worth. Small room, hard bed, but clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay on Long Island, then Day Inn Hicksville is perfect for you. While the outside appearance and lobby are a little outdated, the rooms are extremely clean, which is what is important to me. I traveled here for a relatives wedding and it was the least expensive place in the surrounding area at about 90+tax per night. The area was also safe, which I was happy about since I had my children with me. I would recommend this if you are looking for a nice, but no frills stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Harriston, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Normally I would give this two stars, however it's on long Island and if you've ever been to Long Island you know that hotels are outrageous. For $80/night I got a older room that was clean and some cereal and bagels for breakfast.

Acceptable, but normally would not be worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Charleston, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

This hotel is indeed very old and shows it. They obviously jacked the rates up for the US Open and it was not a good deal for the quality (or lack thereof) of the property. We returned to the city and saved over $40/night for a very nice property near Times Square. Rooms were clean but the funishings were outdated. While some of the front desk staff were kind and accommodating, they did not seem to really be enjoying their jobs.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, and affordable room in the Hicksville/Freeport area of Long Island look no further than Days Inn Hicksville. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to our needs as well. I saved a lot of money over the other hotels in the area and had just as pleasant of a stay. If you are after a 5-star hotel with room service and porters than this is not for you but if you just want a nice clean and comfortable room to stay in, that won't break the bank, this IS the place for you. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel. Actually, next year when I make this trip again I will stay at this hotel!

• Liked — Fair price and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Ok.. I have stayed here and anyone who knows the area, knows that there is limited choice around. Let me start by saying this place is pretty good for what it is. It is exactly an old 1950s travelodge/motel with a restaurant/bar and office up front. The rooms have been renovated, the place is clean, bathrooms just fine. They have a pool in the center outside in the summer. I paid about 75 dollars to stay here.. and it was a good deal. Days in has free continental breakfasts also.

I would stay here again, instead of the HoJos down the street which was just the pits.

Again, clean, renovated, basic accomodations with a bar/restaurant, so if you know what to expect then it is perfectly acceptable.

• Liked — Clean, and renovated with drinks.. This is a neat old throwback.
  • Disliked — Look..Im spoiled..I prefer the Crowne Plaza..
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Hicksville? Share your experiences!