“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Flushing, New York, United States
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Tasty, yet not as greasy as most other great burger places. Some might consider it a little dry because it doesn't have the grease, but in my opinion, it still has enough juices, but just not dripping (unless you add extra sauces).
The fries aren't as good because they're too thin. I feel like the fries are overly fried because of the thinness so its completely crispy and saturated with oil. The smash fries would otherwise have a good seasoning that makes them taste great, if only they made it thicker like normal fries. I would say the fries are slightly thicker then a toothpick for reference.

Visited September 2013

Farmingdale, New York
“Bash the Smash”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had never eaten at a Smashburger until last night. Drove out of the way to eat here and was impressed by the way I was assisted in the ordering process. The cashier seemed caring and on his game. Good job for a New Yorker!

Our party grabbed one of the last open tables and were served our meal within 10 minutes. The bacon burger looked good until I took my first bite. The bacon was full of fat and chewed like rubber. Fortunately I was able to pull the piece out and the other bacon strips had less fat in them but still were somewhat fatty to chew.

I had been encouraged to order the sweet potato fries but they were fairly overcooked. I asked the man sitting next to us if he thought they were overcooked as he had just had similar fries delivered to him. He said yes but was accepting of them. At the end of eating my meal the cashier was now cleaning up a table next to me and when I asked him if my fries had been overcooked, he looked at them and said they are usually that browned or just somewhat less. Needless to say I did not finish the fries. So be it I guess.

Probably won't go back. I don't like paying $11+ bucks for a so-so meal. Houlihans or Chilis would have been a little more with the tip but better choice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Selden, New York
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went here for lunch and got the bacon cheese burger and onions straws. It was good and probably equivalent to Shake Shack as far as price and taste. Everything was good and the decor was nice. A little pricey for lunch but quite good. Service was also good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bayside, New York
“Amazing burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches AND salads!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The burgers and fries are fantastic! I've compared them to Shake Shack and I have to say they are far, FAR better. The prices are fair for what you get (this isn't mc donald's afterall) and the service is really great. We love going here for lunch or dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“awesome burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had a bogo free coupon so we headed over there and I got the bacon, chedder, fried onionsburger which was awesome.

• Visited December 2012