“Shattered” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 Marginal Road, I-90 at Mohawk St, Herkimer, NY 13350 (Formerly Herkimer Motel & Suites)   |
Special Offer
Same Low Rates!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norwich, Connecticut
“Shattered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent motel. Had an experience where I dropped a Corelle dish in my room. Shattered into a thousand shards. I asked Gerry one of the staff for a broom so I could clean the mess up. She came back and took over and told me to go and enjoy the day. Very pleasant lady.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Granby, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spent the weekend with my family and we were all very happy we were able to get reservations. The office staff did everything to make rooms available that fit large family and medical needs.

Would also like to thank our house keeper, Maggie for her attention to our room and friendliness. Great employee and a real selling point for repeat business.

Room Tip: Just tell them of any needs.
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Do not hesitate to stay here! We've been back twice and both visits have been great. I was skeptical of a building sandwiched between the NY Thruway and active railroad tracks however I heard neither all night! The staff is friendly, the breakfast a nice touch, the rooms have been modern and spotless! Great pool to wind down the day with as well!

Puerto Vallarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

the hotel is centrally located to the area where we going . Close to the minds, food and highway. The two room suite was perfect for our family. Personal were always helpful couldn't do more.Great experience!

Room Tip: the family suite is perfect .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thornwood, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

convenient location right off highway; we also got the family suite which was GREAT!!!! For the 6 of us, we had plenty of room; pool was across grass; plenty of places to eat; staff people friendly & helpful as was other renters we met. We will return with the rest of the family soon!!!

Port Dover, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I were redoing our honeymoon trip to the Maine forty years later and had stayed at the Herkimer some 20 years prior on our way with our kids to Cooperstown, N.Y. At that time, the Herkimer was the "run-of-the-mill" usual motel. Our boys had found some "sow bugs" in the corner of the room and over the years we had laughed about our stay at "The Herkimer". So when I told our boys we were going to be staying at The Herkimer Motel on our way back from Maine, they were appalled "The Herkimer" are you crazy. They realized this was a very special trip for us. I said it was only one night and we wanted to take a boat cruise on the Erie Barge Canal and that was the closest town. Our eldest son mentioned that when a motel keeps the same name and is so "old" it usually goes down hill. With that thought in mind you can imagine our surprise when we arrived at the Motel and we immediately noticed the granite counter tops and the rather upscale look to the lobby. The staff were extremely helpful offering to carry our luggage to the second floor as there was no elevator. Once we opened our door to our room we were taken aback. We could not believe our eyes. The room (and the others were the same -- apparently remodeled ten years ago although it looked like they had been done last week they were so clean and tidy) had beautiful bedding with beautiful contrasting pillows on each of the double beds in our room. There was a leather arm chair as well as a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine with organic coffee for our morning drink. The dark brown venetian blinds complemented the beige room with white crown molding and trim. The vanity sink had designer taps and a lady's side make-up mirror with an edge light with an automatic off setting. Everything looked brand new!! This is a motel that knows how to treat guests. I must say in all my years of motels and hotels, I have NEVER EVER stayed in a place that was so impeccably clean, neat, and well appointed. The price for this motel was much less expensive than I would have thought for the quality of the facility. I was told by the current manager who is probably the 3rd in the motel's history -- it opened in 1962, that the original owner still owns the property and calls the manager daily to make sure things are running smoothly. This speaks volumes to how a long time business owner can keep up with the times and trends and provide a fabulous facility in a small town such as Herkimer.
I will always stop at The Herkimer Motel and Suites (as they are now known) if I am travelling in the area. As I said, the quality and the rates cannot be beat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifton Park, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I found this motel through Trip Advisor and decided to try it because of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. As a family of 6 (two adults and four teens) it's very hard to find somewhere to stay where you don't have to book two rooms. Herkimer Motel had a 2 suite room with 3 queen beds for a very reasonable price. I was thrilled with that and didn't expect much more, so we were really amazed at how nice it was. Clean, comfortable, spacious. Our room also had a kitchenette with a microwave, fridge/freezer, sink and cabinets. There were two flat screen televisions, a nice work table, wifi, and wow...really soft towels that felt like they should have been from a luxury hotel. We didn't get to try out the pool or the fitness center, but both looked nice. The lobby was very inviting with nice little touches like games, reading material, etc. The continental breakfast was fine as well...English muffins, bagels, cold cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but we thought it was quite good. The staff is also very friendly and professional. Yes, it is between train tracks and the thruway. We were in the back building and it really didn't bother us. The only "problem" was our upstairs neighbors who sounded like they were conducting a track meet over our heads at 11:30pm. Honestly...I'm a heavy sleeper and not much keeps me awake (not even trains or a thruway), but these folks were incredibly noisy. There was also some kind of motorized noise...it almost sounded like they were vacuuming, but not quite. I'm still curious what that was about...maybe inflating air mattresses? Anyway, that's certainly not the motel's fault. I only bring it up because I finally had to call the front desk at about midnight as we were not getting any sleep. They were friendly and understanding and immediately said they would call the other room for us. I was surprised to get a call back from the front desk within about a minute, just letting us know that the folks above had just checked in and "should be settling down in a few minutes". As a bonus, the motel is quite close to eating and shopping and attractions like the Herkimer Diamond Mine, Reminton Arms Museum and Erie Canal Cruise. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else next time we're in Herkimer!

Room Tip: As per other tips, I requested a room "in the middle" to cut down on train/thruway noise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!