“As clean as can be and very conveniently located as well.e” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 Marginal Road, I-90 at Mohawk St, Herkimer, NY 13350 (Formerly Herkimer Motel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Dansville, New York
“As clean as can be and very conveniently located as well.e”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stay here each time we are in the area and the motel is very clean and comfortable. The rooms have been updated and they offer a breakfast. The breakfast room is quite small so we usually meet local family members at the Denny's Restaurant. Their service is good and prices fair.

Room Tip: No elevator so you may want to request a first floor room if you are a senior citizen.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

On what should have been a 11 hour haul back home we got caught in a snowstorm and had to stay the night somewhere just east of Utica, NY. We found the Herkimer Motel on TripAdvisor and also noticed it listed in a coupon book while at a rest stop and decided to give them a call (plus they are dog-friendly, which we needed). It was probably the best decision we could have made for a rate south of $70 for two adults and a dog. Very clean, some modern touches in the furniture and decor, and spacious. Front desk is polite and professional. Free continental breakfast and wi-fi seems pretty standard these days but still nice to see it provided. Small fitness center that we didn't use but that's available as well. I don't plan on stopping here anytime soon but if in the future I find myself needing to, I'll definitely stay at the Herkimer! Ask for a room closer to the front desk to help shield from the road noise. I-90 is probably about 60-70 yards from our room and we could hear the trucks zooming by in the early morning. It's not horrible but could bother the light sleeper...

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front desk to help shield from the road noise. I-90 is probably about 6...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times now on our trips between Maine and Michigan. We first stopped here simply because it was our halfway point and they allowed pets, but the rooms were clean, recently updated, and the service was great. We now stop every time we travel through and recommend it to anyone traveling out to Maine to visit us. We love the modern feel to the decor (no mauve floral bed spreads!), and the large mini fridge and microwave in the room. There's free breakfast, and they allow dogs for a small fee. It's conveniently close to the highway, but most importantly it's clean. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I thought we'd break up the Boston to Buffalo trip over the holidays with a mid-way stay in Herkimer. We opted for a king bed room, and found it to be very nicely furnished and very well equipped. The owners appear to have thought of just about everything a traveler could possibly want in a hotel room, and then put it there so you don't have to bother asking.

Super-easy on/off the Thruway, right behind Dennys for breakfast or you can grab comp bagels, juice & coffee at the hotel's breakfast room.

Only quibble was the best was too firm for my wife and I, but that's a matter of preference.

Will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raymond, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I were returning with our college son from Syracuse with an overloaded 11 year old car, which we took because it had more space for all of his stuff than our "younger", more reliable car. About an hour into the trip, the check engine light began to flash, the car became sluggish, and a burning smell began to permeate. Long story short, we had a pleasant surprise in Herkimer, NY, where we ended up! We needed a new catalytic converter, which couldn't be installed until the following day. The Munro Muffler people were extremely helpful and brought us over to the Herkimer Motel. Having been stuck in flea bag motels after other car breakdowns (yes, we need to replace our cars more frequently), we didn't have very high expectations for this place. We were surprised and thrilled when, after getting the "breakdown discount" on an already inexpensive room, we walked into a spotless, well-decorated motel room. It's obvious that everyone who works there cares. The person who checked us in, suggested we print out an online discount for our repairs, which saved us over $100! We've stayed in far-more expensive "fancy" hotels that weren't as nice. We highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here with my fiancé in November. I had stayed at this "motel" about 15 years ago when I helped my grandmother move back up here to live. Back then it was a MOTEL. NOW, it's a HOTEL, and a very nice one indeed. It was nice to stay here while going through an emotional family visit.

I love the décor! The remodel is so very nice. The staff were friendly. The room was clean and nice, with a microwave and fridge. The room is a bit small, but I didn't care as I was happy to have a clean place to stay and sleep.

We stayed four nights (all unplanned). At first we weren't sure how long we were going to have to stay but we were able to keep extending our stay with no problems.

It was nice to walk to the front office for hot chocolate in the evening, and the breakfast was decent enough. The manager introduced himself and knew who I was, so that was a nice surprise.

GREAT JOB, Herkimer (H)Motel! We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a great place to stay when we visit our family in the Mohawk Valley. It's clean and has very nice rooms. The staff is very friendly and accommodating! The beds are comfortable. The suites are very impressive! The free breakfast is not great, but there are plenty of local breakfast options.

Stayed October 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!