“I would avoid it....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Glen Ridge Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Herkimer
You added Glen Ridge Motel to your Saves list
5571 St. Route 5, Herkimer, NY 13350   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Brooklyn, New York
“I would avoid it....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

I was unable to force myself to stay a night there, in fact I was
there for 15 minutes.
Everything was depressing to me: the hole in the upholstery, TV set from the 50th, the non-working coffee making device (true antique - combines a shelf and hot plate), non-working window treatment on the small window, the only a source of light in the room, the size of the room itself.
I understand that there are newer rooms on the side of the
hotel, but I was told that they were occupied. Well, I trust people.
Bathroom was clean, room had a little stale smell.
Herkimer Motel would be a better choice, but it will cost twice more. If you are used to less than a minimum comfort and don't suffer claustrophobia, you may be able to enjoy this accommodation.
(I have some photos, if you are interested).

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room and grounds
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

We booked this motel based on recent recommendation from Tripadviser.com. The motel is the closest accomendation to the Herkimer and Ace of Diamond Mines. You are about 5 miles from the mines and close to many restaurants and fast food joint. The rooms are older but clean. For $39.95 you more than average rooms. We have one of the two effiency room with nice, clean updated bath/shower, kitchenette with small portable stove, refrigarator, double queen beds, TV and storage. The owners are nice and they let you check-in and put your stuff in the room before heading out to the mines.

The Herkimer and Ace of Diamond Mines are just like the Show on Travel Channel. It is great for family fun!

• Liked — Location to the Herkimer Mines and price
  • Disliked — Older funitures
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
South Hadley, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

I stayed in the motel over spring break. It was very fun and very well maintained. Under the new ownership, so many things are being attended to. In a bit, it will really become more than just a motel... they're working so hard, the new owners that is. The people were very friendly and made you feel at home. It's especially very nice because of the location, view and convenience. It's on a quiet highway and overlooks the moutains on the far end. It also has a children's playground at the back. The rooms have a great color theme and the kitchenette is very cute. I have worked for a very expensive hotel on my campus before and that motel was no less! You should definitely give it a try! It's near k-mart, hannaford, walmart, dollar tree and you can easily catch a bus to or from Union Station in Utica. I miss that place.

• Liked — Friendly, homey, great service and location
  • Disliked — It was still snowing lol.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

Glen Ridge is a very clean & cosy motel. Friendly staffs giving very efficient service. Peaceful atmosphere and comfortable beds. I am going to stay there again.

• Liked — Friendly staffs
  • Disliked — No swimming pool
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

This motel is the worst motel I've ever stayed at!! The room was dirty, and it was infested with bugs! The bathroom was so dirty, mildewed, and smelled so terrible that I couldnt even use it! No matter how desperate I am for a room when I travel to Herkimer, I will never stay at this motel ever again!!!!

• Liked — Nothing!!!
  • Disliked — how dirty the room was, the fact that it was filled with bugs, and how dirty the bathroom and shower were
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
glenridgemotel, New Owner at Glen Ridge Motel, responded to this review, April 25, 2008
Dear snowprincessny,
Salutations. We would like to inform you that Glen Ridge Motel is now under new ownership and management. It is our priority to render a high level of service to our guests.
Even though your review of the motel is based on your experiences under the previous management we would like to make an apology for your inconvenience earlier. You are most welcome to visit us again to enjoy our new service. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a free stay for one night at Glen Ridge Motel. This offer will be valid from 01 May 2008 to 31 Dec 2008. Please call in advance so that we can book your free stay.
Thank you for you cooperation in that matter.

New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

great little quite place , clean room , very beautiful location near walmart ,kmart , lowes .
good customer service .loved it good prices.

• Liked — cleanliness , price , location ,
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

The Glen Ridge Motel in Herkimer, NY was a NIGHTMARE!!!! The room was FILTHY!!!! It was filled with bugs! The room STUNK! The shower was DISGUSTING!!!!! It was again for lack of a better word FILTHY!!!!! It was just covered with mildew. I was afraid to shower, because of how dirty it was. The bathroom floor was so dirty, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in YEARS! The only reason I did stay the night was that I was told by the owner that she had my credit card number and would charge me anyway. I should have just taken the loss and found a different motel!!!!!! I had stayed there 10 years ago, when an older couple owned the motel, it now has different owners who are out to turn a buck, yet not do anything to take care of the place at all!!!!!

Dear Busym0m,

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Glen Ridge Motel

Been to Glen Ridge Motel? Share your experiences!