“Fantastic Little Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Rochester, New York
“Fantastic Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Mom was greeting customers, taking and delivering orders; daughter got off break and came out to help; dad was in the kitchen. Food was delicious (Caprese salad was the best I've had anywhere), served pretty quickly, and friendly atmosphere. Would definitely stop there again if in Herkimer!

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Excellent food and service in a city with limited options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Herkimer doesn't have too many dining choices, and Pk's stands out as one of the best. Service is excellent and the food was delicious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Off the Main Drag & Out of the Way But A Wonderful Restaurant/Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was in Herkimer, New York for Mohawk Valley Path Through History meeting at Gems Along the Mohawk Gift Shop and Restaurant. When the meeting ended I roamed around Herkimer's shops (it has an excellent local "outdoor store," Herb Pillipson's) and some of its historical connections, including the Erie Canal and a Canal Excursion boat leaving from "Gems." It was too early for the Gem's restaurant to open and I wanted to eat at the tavern/restaurant I had dinner at way back in November, 2013. [The dinner was excellent which is why I returned to PK's for lunch.] I didn't remember the name & location of PK's Tavern but I went to the Herkimer Motel and asked the Reception Clerk/Manager. He quickly directed me to PK's.

I had a wonderful lunch, a chicken caesar wrap with real chicken and real home made cole slaw on the side. The wrap and the cole slaw were delicious, and not because I was very hungry but rather because it was delicious.

I sat at the bar, simply because as "one person" I can talk with other patrons or with the wait/bar staff easily. At a table one person is a bit isolated. The USA vs. Germany football (soccer) game was on one television and the waitress changed the station on the TV nearest me for me to watch. The TV sound was not loud, that is, it did not inhibit conversation, a wonderful touch for a local tavern. This is not a sports bar but a local restaurant. A friendly place where the Herkimer residents go for lunch & dinner.

In November, the talk was about hunting and who bagged what not bragging but more how we were able to better hunt.

If you're traveling across New York State by bicycle or car it will be well worth your time to get off the road (NYS Thruway) and eat at PK's Tavern, stay.at the Herkimer Motel, visit the local stores, and go up the hill to the Herkimer (KOA with cabins at the Herkimer Diamond Mines) or Ace Diamond mines!

• Visited June 2014
Keswick, Canada
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had dinner at this restaurant after it was highly recommended to us. So glad we did! I would say it's atmosphere is more of a restaurant then it is a tavern. It's a corner "home" in a residential area that has been tastefully renovated into a restaurant. Cozy atmosphere. Superb service. Food was delicious and great value. You won't leave hungry! Definitely will recommend to others and will, without doubt, visit again when we are in the area. The only downside for us was the lack of parking. It's street parking on the surrounding residential streets.

• Visited February 2014
Norwich, Connecticut
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very good every thing. We had a great meal with a great server. Cute little place that was recommended to us by the clerk at the motel.

• Visited October 2013