“Great Diner Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Herkimer, New York
“Great Diner Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I went here in January 2011... Great diner food - friendly waitress... very good value for the money and a cool atmosphere. (Think 50s-fashioned diner - steel outside with a big neon sign and vintage decorations and photos)

I had eggs, home-fries, toast, and coffee... it was delicious!

• Visited January 2011

Sand Lake
“Why settle for Rest Area Thruway food?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Crazy Otto's is two minutes past the Herkimer I 90 exit. I visited this place a few times years ago when it was a greasy spoon. The newer owner has changed the menu, cleaned up the place and has a interesting menu. I stopped by at lunch and had a "Crazy Elvis", french toast with peanut butter and bananas. The coffee was first rate. I plan on stopping here when I am in the area. So pass by Utica and stop by Crazy Otto's Empire Dinner!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Bern, North Carolina
“We wanted to stop again on our way home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I read about Crazy Otto's on Trip Advisor. Since it was near the Erie Canal Cruises we decided to stop here. We had a hard time finding the place based on following our Garmin. But, a fellow on the street offered us directions and we don't know how we missed it since it was right on the main drag.
I can't say enough nice things about the place. The food was delicious. Freshly made. Not what I would consider "diner" food. The waitress (owner's daughter) was more than accomodating.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

This is a diner on the main drag and it brings you back to the old days once you walk inside. We've been going to Herkimer for 2 years to watch our son play college soccer and never stopped here. Well, we won't make that mistake again! We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon, after the game and it seems after chuch services. There were several families waiting to get in, but since there were only 3 of us, we were asked if the counter was ok and seated immediately. We opted to have breakfast , but lunch was also being served. Their biscuits and gravy seemed to be a popular side item and were were not disappointed! Tho is was packed and busy, we were attended to promptly and wanted for nothing, The food was excellent and the staff friendly. If you sit at the counter and a train whistle sounds.....the owner spins the wheel and if your seat comes up - you get your meal free! Unfortunately our seats were not one of the winning numbers the day we were there. Check his place out- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as we were,