“Best night of sleep in a while” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Middletown, New York
“Best night of sleep in a while”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently just stayed here 2 weeks ago for a tournament. I was in contact with Christina who was great to deal with. She helped me with planning our teams stay and provided me with everything I requested. We checked in really late almost midnight with 2 small children and the front desk couldn't have been nicer. The free continental breakfast was great. One day I was juggling both kids by myself and finding it difficult to hold the baby and pour a hot beverage. Christina noticed the struggle and immediately offered to help. The staff as a whole was excellent.
The rooms were clean. Yes, they could use some new wallpaper but nothing that would make me say don't stay here. The pillows were so comfortable and so were the mattresses. I did not make it out of bed one night because they were so comfortable even though I had plans.
The location was great as well. It was right off the highway, so not hard to find which is great if you've been driving a while. There is a Cracker Barrel next door which you can walk to if you like. If that's not your cup of tea there are malls and lots of places to eat within a few miles.

Room Tip: If you like to see your car from your room and face the front of the hotel room 210 was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for allowing us to host your team while visiting Rochester! I am sorry you missed your plans because your bed was too comfortable, but I am glad you were able to get some rest. We hope to see you again soon!

Brent Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel was a welcome rest stop after a long day of driving. We were greeted with a very, very quiet hotel and mostly friendly service.

We arrived late and noticed the parking lot was oddly empty (not usually a good sign). Inside, the desk agent was polite, but not exactly friendly. I don't often stay at Comfort Suites, so I had a few questions about the layout and breakfast that he answered, but wasn't overly warm. I also noticed a slight smell of chlorine in the air from the pool.

After a few trips to the car we settled in for the night. There was plenty of space for our belongings to allow us to stretch out. The small couch was a nice touch, but was starting to get worn. I personally enjoy a bit more lighting than provided, but it was okay.

The beds were comfortable and we got a good night's sleep thanks to the blackout curtains that actually worked. The fridge and microwave were great touches.

In the morning the breakfast featured a few "hot" items that were greatly appreciated on top of the traditional continental fixings. There were only a few people in the eating area, but the cleaning staff worked to make sure it was well stocked and clean.

At check-out the desk agent was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for making us a rest stop during your long trip. Our spacious rooms make us a great place to spread out and relax after a long day in the car. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The type of room you'd expect with this chain. Great value and a safe location. Typical breakfast buffet. It's free and the coffee is good. We arrived after midnight and had a room fast. You won't get room service here. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This Comfort Inn was a nice surprise. The room was very nice (king bed) with microwave and refrigerator. The furnishings seemed to be new. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Liked: Window opened; blackout shades that closed all the way; pool; buffet (no Sunday brunch at the restaurant, but reasonable enough for a breakfast); pool; fridge and microwave.
For me the bed was too firm, but that is a matter of choice. Bed linens and pillows were good.
Well situated near the highway, but without the noise. Close to all kinds of shopping.
I went with a king bed suite. Sofabed and a table for 2 separated by a half wall from the bed area that also had a desk.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds are larger than rooms with a king.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Review. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was traveling in Buffalo & Rochester for work and my colleague booked this hotel. I wasn't sure of the price until I got the bill, $89 per night, which I found very reasonable. It had been a long day including driving from Buffalo so it was a good stopping point. Check in was quick and easy (Tim helped us).

The bed was very comfortable and the room was large enough for a family (dining area, sitting area and bed, although it was just me in the room. I didn't try it but I think the sofa was a pull out bed. There were ample toiletries supplied although I didn't use them since I brought my own. I was on the top floor (3 levels) and right by the elevator which concerned me at first although I didn't hear it at all during the night. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well as coffee service...none of which I used.

The hotel is dated and would not have been my choice but it was fine for our needs. Breakfast was included and it was varied. I had a fresh made waffle (make your own), orange juice as well as yogurt and my colleague had eggs, sausage and juice. They had pastries available and cereal as well as other drink options (coffee, tea).

All in all it was a good value and I'd use them again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Rochester/Henrietta.

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during your business trip. We sincerely appreciate for your time and valuable feedback and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Rochester.

Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

When we arrived, we were promptly greeted by a very cheerful concierge. She conveyed all the necessary information on what time breakfast was, available services, and other tidbits of information. The room was very clean and spacious. The hot breakfast was very good especially the waffles! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerny007, Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

585-334-6620

Been to Comfort Suites Rochester? Share your experiences!