“Very happy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Mastic Beach, New York
“Very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Very nice location. Felt safe leaving our vehicle in the parking lot. Very nice and clean room. Impressive king bed size we also had a pull out sofa bed which was the size of a queen bed, so mommy and daddy had a great nights sleep, (yea I can see the smirks) lol.
Nice big toilet/bathroom oh and clean too.
House-keeping was nice, polite and efficient, so I took care of them too.
Reception staff were excellent, in fact we forgot that checkout time was 11am and we asked them if it were okay if we could get another hour or so and they said "no problem".
The pool was clean, chlorine levels were great no overbearing burning of the eyes sensaw.
There is Cracker Barrel restaurant within walking distance and they serve exceptional breakfast lunch and dinner, also Bugaboo restaurant is about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2013
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that your family was able to enjoy our hotel during your visit to Rochester. Our location to so many great restaurants and spacious rooms make us a great place for families to stay. I hope to see you again the next time you come to Rochester.

Brent Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms are nice and well kept. The breakfast is good. The only issue I had with breakfast was the lady keeping the area. She seemed to be fishing for tips and it was annoying. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door to the hotel. Great place for breakfast if you are tired of hotel food. The hotel staff are extremely helpful. Any issues you have are taken care of immediately. The hotel has an indoor pool as well as a hot tub. Which is nice during the winter months. The window in my room opened up to an open field with housed beyond. It's a pretty winter view. That's also a nice feature to have when you want some fresh air. There is shopping nearby. Within 5-10 minutes you can be at the mall shopping, eating at a restaurant, or on the interstate on your way to the airport. I will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back of the hotel. If there is snow on the ground it makes for a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during your visit to Rochester, NY. I am glad you were able to enjoy our views. We are in a great location being just far enough away but still very close to several restaurants. I hope to see you again the next time you come to Rochester.

Owego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here last weekend while participating in a local volleyball tournament. After the trip took an extra hour to get to the hotel due to weather conditions it was nice to finally get there and be greeted by wonderful staff. We were told how to get to a wonderful strip of restaurants and were really grateful. The pool and jacuzzi were very clean and the kids had a nice time relaxing in them before going off to bed. They actually had the continental breakfast set up an hour earlier for us because we had to get up for competition so early and it was delicious and what you would typically see for a hotel. We didn't arrive back till late and were again given directions to our restaurant of choice which were great and got us there quickly! Breakfast the next morning was also very nice.

The room was very clean and comfortable! We loved that they were mini suites and gave us tons of room! Overall we were very pleased and actually booked the hotel again for when we come up again in march for another competition! Thanks!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing your team back this year. Our spacious rooms and location to several family friendly restaurants make us a great place to bring a team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting your group in the future.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here Sat Oct 27-29th. What a great choice we made. Location is perfect. Less than 3 mins to all the shopping and restaurants you could need. Our room was very clean and very comfortable beds. Lots of room for two adults and two kids. We had first floor room which was perfect for access to pool that kids enjoyed. Breakfast was really nice, usual items, and couple hot choices. Wifi was really strong signal. Don't know if it was just that we were on main floor close to front desk but it was great for 2 laptops, 2 iPods and iPhone use.

• Stayed October 2012
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad that your family was able to enjoy our pool and spacious rooms. With all of the electronics you described I hope our new Recharge Stations in the rooms was useful. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again at the Comfort Suites Rochester.

rural hinterland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

You know these blind bookings on expedia or Hotwire, right? You won't be told the name of the property until you have booked, and then you can't change it afterwards. It is really like gambling.

I was actually thrilled a bit, the description read so nice, free breakfast, indoor pool, free parking, suite with wired internet (so I could bring my laptop along and work in the room!).

They claimed the price was "up to 40% off" (who knows how much off we really got?), and with taxes we ended up paying $75 for what they called a "King Suite".

Of course there was no hook up for our laptop, despite the website explicitely promising "wired and wireless internet", so we brought that old laptop invain. At least they had a "business center" in the lobby, so I was able to get online and write the reports I needed to write while there on location.

The pool is a joke - only 4 feet (1.2m) deep. I am short for an adult (164 cm or 5'4") and I could only wade through the water, not swim. It is not deep enough to swim as an adult. This is only for small children to have a plunge, not for adults who want to swim for real.

Upon check-in I asked for a room with a real shower, and the guy made fun of me by telling me, not only do the rooms have showers, the sink is even in the bath room and not in the bed room. Huh???

Of course our room had no shower! It came with this terrible American tub/shower combo, which is neither a bath tub nor a shower. Useless!

He also mentioned several times that we only paid $47, which is not true. But his remark made me think there are deals like that out there. So we still paid way too much despite our blind booking...

The King room we had was of course a room and not a suite. They are fooling people by telling them it is a suite, because the room is quite long, and they made an archway between the door and the bed, where they put in a small table in with 2 chairs and a sofa, so they can claim it is a living room. But in fact it really is only the entrance of your room...

Room had microwave and fridge (both clean and in working order) and a TV, a desk with ergonomic chair (but alas, no hook up for our laptop, so useless!), a small table with 2 seats (I guess for dining) and a sofa with a coffee table.

All this in the same room, so don't be fooled this is a suite, just because THEY call it a "suite"! The "living room" was right by the bed side, only devided by an archway. See my pictures to understand what I mean!

The free breakfast buffet was OK, of course not comparable to those buffets at real hotels, but they had joghurt, pastries (which were not freshly made!), waffle makers with defrosted strawberries and cream out of a spray can. Sounds weird, but that was actually quite good! I had 2 of those!

They also had supermarket-grade juices out of a machine, so these were obviously not fresh either. But I guess you'll get what you pay for, right?

There was cereal as well, boiled eggs, various breads with a toaster etc...

The location is conveniently off 390, takes about 30 min to drive into town. 2 Wegman's stores (open 24 hours) and one Aldi (look up their hours on Aldi website!) are nearby within 2 miles in each direction. Since you have a microwave in your room, you can have a cheap dinner by getting something in a store and reheating it later.

I don't think our travels will lead us back into Rochester. We only came to see a musical in its workshop phase here, and we hope we'll see it on Broadway soon.

But even if there would be any reason to return to Rochester, I would not come back to this motel. Motel, yes, this is only a motel, not a hotel!

Kimpton, why can you not have a nice property here? But maybe this experience serves one good purpose: next weekend I'll be back in a real suite in a real hotel, and I will appreciate it so much more now...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway 390, like room 125
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your detailed review of our property. I apologize for your experience at our hotel and with the third party site that you made your reservations through. Like you said when you book through these web sites you might not get a hotel that best fits your needs. What I suggest to all my guests, is to use our official site for Choice Hotels. There you will receive all the detailed information you need to find the right hotel to fit your needs, as well as the best price available.

Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

At a reasonable price, this hotel offers a spacious, comfortable room with more than adequate space to work and relax. While the rooms aren't huge by suite standards, they are more than adequate for a business traveler, or a small family on a short stay. The rooms are well-maintained, with decent wi-fi and many outlets for electronics. The "kitchen" table isn't much larger than a TV tray, but it's fine to provide eating or work space for one or two people. The free breakfast is mostly pre-wrapped baked goods, but there is cereal, yogurt and boiled eggs that are perfectly fine for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Jim_PSU’
Thank you for your kind comments. They mean a lot coming from a seasoned traveler like you. I hope you enjoyed your business trip to Rochester, NY and look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Brent Palmer,
Tioga, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Comfort Inn Suites in Rochester great place to stay. Staff was very pleasant, The rooms are very spacious, clean and smelled great everytime you walked in. Front desk personnal was very nice, Breakfast attendant very friendly. Breakfast was great. We loved the pool and hot tub, Very clean hotel. Very quiet Hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor was very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl1805
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed their visit to Rochester, NY. Rochester is a great place for families to visit. We look forward to seeing you again soom.

Brent Palmer,

Been to Comfort Suites Rochester? Share your experiences!