“Fabulous potential spoiled by mediocre standards for cleanliness.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Rochester

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Seattle
“Fabulous potential spoiled by mediocre standards for cleanliness.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

The specific room we had reserved was not ready when we arrived late afternoon/early evening. We were told initially that it was still being cleaned; just a few minutes later we were told the suite was ready. We found that the bed linens and towels had been changed; they were badly wrinkled (including the shower curtains), however, as if they had been crumpled in a dryer all day; the towels were sloppily folded and hung. The bathroom appeared to have been cleaned, but the wastebasket had not been emptied and the mirrors were smeared. Floors throughout had obviously not been vacuumed. Kitchen countertop and appliance surfaces were sticky and greasy. It was a poor call to rush the "cleaning"--we would have been more impressed had the rooms been properly prepared. It appears that standards for cleanliness and appearance, in general, at this inn should be higher. Otherwise, the suite was terrific--spacious, with a bathroom for each bedroom, and quiet; complimentary food was varied and abundant. Desk staff was accomodating.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

2 couples stayed in the 2 bedrooms suite. Each bedroom had a king size bed and full private bathroom, plus the living area and kitchen (which was a little small).

The hotel was in a great location for us, as the restaurants were with in walking distance. The Distrillery was just across the parking lot and if you showed your room key you received 15% off your entire bill (inlcuding alcohol), and the food was acceptable.

The hotel staff were great and the buffet breakfast was fresh and edible. A good way to start out unless you really needed a big breakfast. We stayed 5 nights and the breakfast was basically the same each day, with hot waffles ( you make yourself), eggs, breakfast meat (sauages or bacon), yogourt, fruit, cereal, toast, bagels, cream cheese, teas and coffee.

We were overcharged by the hotel (supposed to get CDN at par), and when I talked to the manager she was very friendly and helpful and refunded us 20%, which gave us one night free.

Would definitely stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Our stay here was very pleasant. The staff was very accomodating, even allowing us to extend our checkout time by one hour to better accomodate our schedule. The breakfast buffet was fabulous. We were gone in the evenings and didn't get to participate in the evening receptions, but heard good things from other guests. We stayed in the newer tower and our room was perfect. All areas of the hotel were immaculate and I constantly saw employees working on the grounds or common area. I utilized their business center several times and really appreciated it. The only negative thing I had was when I had gone to the desk to get some quarters for the laundry, a young man was mopping the lobby. He paused so I could get around him to the desk clerk, and the hotel manager walked by and told him to "Get back to work." I felt that was harsh, considering the young man was very aware of me and had stopped because of me.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Rochester during my business trips in the area. Since I was going to be in Rochester for a few months, I booked the Residence Inn because it came with all the amenities of a fully furnished apartment. As a resident in the inn, you get a full kitchen with microwave, oven, refrigerator and cutlery. There is a house gym and tennis courts as well. They serve an evening snack which includes free beer and wine (the best part about the hotel) and the staff is nice and friendly. Would recommend highly.

Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We were traveling from Boston to Rochester NY for our son's graduation and were looking for a hotel that allowed pets. One of the dog lover websites listed this Residence Inn as having a dog friendly designation, and since we are Marriot Rewards members we decided to try the place. (Our intention was to have the dog stay with my brother and his family outside of town, but we weren't sure that his dog would get along with ours, so this was mostly for our peace of mind.) The website said that pet owners would be charged an extra $100.00 to keep a pet there. We arrived at about 3pm, on an unusually hot afternoon, and had to attend a presentation at 4:30, so we did not have time to drop the dog off at my brother's. My husband explained this at the front desk and asked if it would be OK for us to have the dog stay in the cool room while we were at the conference, and they said they had no problem with that.
We were relieved to have a comfortable safe place for our pet to stay, and she did end up staying overnight at my brother's house. We were not charged any fee for the dog.

The suite was close to the highway and Jefferson Road, but it was very quiet. The place was clean, with plenty of towels.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

My extended family decided to stay at this hotel during a quick weekend stay in Rochester, NY and we were all very satisfied.

We had a suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living area with a sleeper sofa. It slept 6 people, but we were able to sleep 11 people comfortably with an air bed. Having a private kitchen was nice too. It was certainly worth the amount we paid for it.

The continental breakfast was also nice and had many options. My family members used the pool and were also pleased with it.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

Beautiful, clean, spacious, quiet hotel. Freeways are easy to access from the hotel, which was a plus since I was in and out of the hotel the whole weekend. There are a ton of restaurants and eateries that are just a short drive away. The hotel is also really close to a lot of shopping centers - there's a mall about 5 miles away (which turned out to be a blessing because I needed to buy (more) suitable clothes for the conference I was attending.. oops.) I also made good use of the Target next to the mall. :)

The staff is really nice and they really go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The breakfast was yummmm and there was always fresh coffee in the lobby.

The room was just amazing. I had a "penthouse" suite. One word - H E A V E N. It was clean and well lit and new (or really well kept). The furnishings and decor were both stylish and functional. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were fresh and clean. The bathroom was a little small, but that's ok. It's not like I'm living in there or anything. The water pressure was really high.. which is a rarity these days. That was nice. And the amenities were good quality. Oh, and the towels were fresh and plentiful. The kitchen was fully-equipped with a fridge, stove/oven, microwave (for the popcorn they gave you every night), dishwasher...

I rented a car so I didn't use the shuttle service they offered, but I did run into the shuttle driver and she was really nice and offered me a ride to wherever I was going.. (probably that mall to get proper clothing.. geez, I'm such a dork for not packing the right clothes).. The hotel is really close to the airport; I got there in under 10 minutes (and that's driving within the LOW Rochester speed limit of 50 mph.)

All in all, it was a great stay! I recommend this for anyone visiting the Rochester area. Good job, hotel management!! If I'm ever in the Rochester area again, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I had to climb the stairs! =P
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Rochester? Share your experiences!