“Convention Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Darien, Connecticut
“Convention Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

About 200 of us descend on a city once a year for a Hockey Convention weekend. This yr we stayed at the DoubleTree in Rochester, NY. We were pleasantly greeted by the Hotel staff and checked into our rooms upon EARLY arrival. We were given restaurant recommendations by Katie, the Desk Manager. The rooms were clean and the beds comfy. The Hotel is in a great location and has easy freeway access. The Atrium is beautiful. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Stoughton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel. The staff was great. There are plenty of places to eat both inside the hotel and in the general vacinity. Very clean. Nice area. I would definitely recommend this htel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Rochester NY, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were there for a convention. The food was cold. The tub was very slippery. I don't think there was anything applied to bottom of tub to keep you from slipping and falling. No towel racks. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Patrick M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on guestroom safety and appointment in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very Clean! Decorated nicely. First time staying at a Doubletree Hotel. Only con make sure hot breakfast is included or ask if it is included. Or you will be asked to pay $14 per person for hot foods. My husband and I ordered an omelet (2) and 1 waffle each (2) and we were surprised to find out it was not included in stay. Kristen and Katie were great reimbursing us we truly didn't know breakfast wasn't included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Fayetteville,NewYork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Helpful staff and quick check in. They presented me a clean and comfortable room. There was no hot water for a shower before dinner however sufficient hot water in the morning. I would stay here again if in the Rochester area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Rochester to see the NWSL game . New York Flash vs. Portland Thorns. We stayed 2 nights. The location was great to go to shops at the Market Place Mall. Convenient to go to the waterfront parks as well as the inner loop of Rochester. Located at exit 14 off I-390. It was easy to get around.
There was lots of parking in a well lit parking lot.
The room was large and comfortable. Everything was nice and clean. No complaints there.
The staff was #1. Everyone was so friendly and very helpful. We felt so welcome and relaxed.
I would like to mention our server Niles in the breakfast buffet. He was very nice. I could see him going around the room, greeting people, offering them beverages etc, People really liked him, as did we.
Really all the staff were very professional, friendly and welcoming.
This is a really nice family hotel. The pool area is nice for kids and adults.
I recommend this hotel very much. I would stay here again.
I would recommend looking for the bed and breakfast deal. The breakfast could be pricey. $15-$20 per person.
I do have to say that the coffee in the breakfast buffet was the worst coffee I ever had in my life. The second time I went I had tea instead. I had to say that, if you like coffee in the morning....
Nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Booked five rooms for our wedding party coming in from out of town. Confirmed with the hotel twice and informed hotel that guests would be checking in late. Upon arrival, part of our party (late arrival) was informed that a room was not reserved. Eventually (at 3 AM after 16 hours of traveling), they just requested a room and agreed to sort it out later. I called the following morning and spent 2.5 hours on the phone trying to figure out the situation. I was told that their room had been canceled because they had not shown, though the hotel was informed that they would be arriving late. Finally, after convincing the customer service representative that my party was, in fact, at the hotel, I was transferred directly to the property (I had been requesting this for the 1st hour of my conversation with them) and eventually transferred to the general manager. He informed me that this would be corrected and made arrangements for all rooms to be charged to me, per my request. We were glad to have this corrected; though, I did miss a wedding event to deal with the issues. We checked in later in the day to discover that the hotel was overcrowded with teenagers for some hockey tournament. This really shouldn't have been an issue, but these teens were allowed to run wild through the halls (literally, almost knocking over members of my party due to racing around the floors) with the hotel only offering up the explanation that all of this would stop at 10 PM because that was their curfew. Additionally, the wait for the elevator was always at least 15 minutes because the children were constantly getting in the elevators then pressing the buttons for all of the floors (literally happened 75% of time). Our most horrific experience, though, came upon checkout. When we arrived, we were told one guest's credit card had been declined (which should not have been disclosed to us and, furthermore, should not have even happened because we were paying for the rooms). When we questioned why their card was charged, the staff informed us that they had not known to charge only us. We stated that we had spoken with the general manager and that he had made the arrangements. The staff person stated that she could rectify this quickly and stated the charges would be placed on our bill. She quickly added this up and provided a total; however, we realized that we were missing a room on our bill. The hotel had not informed us of the room numbers for the remainder of our party, so we did not have this information, and we began to request this from the young lady. She was apologetic but unable to find it, so she requested assistance from another staff member. This individual approached the desk, looked at the computer for a moment, and then told us that we were mistaken...that we had only booked four rooms. We stated that this was incorrect and began providing names for him to research. He refused to do so and told us again that we were incorrect and that we were confused because the fifth room that we were referring to was actually the duplicate room for the party that arrived late. We continued to argue stating that we had reserved and used five different rooms, and the staff member became escalated, telling us that we would have to return the following day to take this up with the general manager. As we reside out of town and were planning to leave that day, we were unable to do so and stated so. We requested to speak with the general manager. This request was denied. We requested a phone number. This request was also denied. Finally, the staff person stated that HE would call the general manager. He returned a few moments later and became further escalated. My husband, meanwhile, had been calling our traveling wedding party members to attempt to find out room numbers. Luckily he was able to reach the missing room party members. The staff person again disappeared to talk to the general manager, and we spoke with the original young lady, who apologized profusely for the behavior of the other staff person. We provided her the room number, and she stated that, unfortunately, those party members had been accidentally charged for their room. Because they had left the day prior, the charge had already been processed and would take several days to be reversed. She was in the process of providing us with the information to have the charge reversed when the other staff person returned, still irate, and continued telling us that we were wrong and that the fifth room did not exist. We gave him the room number that had been missing from our bill and, interrupting us, he began looking up the room number in the computer. He provided the name of the guest currently staying in the room and stated that he personally knew they were not affiliated with our party. At this point, I stated that we would discontinue contact with him and deal only with the young lady. Later in the week, with some extra effort from us and our guests, the room charge issues were resolved.

We later contacted guest relations and spoke with the general manager of the hotel regarding our stay. We were offered a free night stay at the property for a later date, which we declined as we felt this offer was quite insulting. Not only did we have a horrible stay due to a lack of security in the hotel, we encountered numerous errors (which resulted in us missing wedding events and took numerous hours of our time to correct) and received horrible customer service. Never have I seen a customer service representative behave in such a manner. No adjustment to our bill was ever offered, though I certainly do not feel the level of service received was worth the price paid. Certainly will not visit again and definitely would NOT recommend, especially if booking for an event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!