“Dirty and outdated rooms!” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Jefferson Road, Henrietta, NY 14623   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Arlington, Texas
“Dirty and outdated rooms!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I expected a nice hotel from DoubleTree and Hilton and I was sorely disappointed! The lobby is nice but my room was simply awful!! The carpet was filthy and the entire room was old and rather dilapidated. The furniture was cheap, stained, and out of date. I had asked in advance for a refrigerator (which I had assumed would be standard) and it was not in the room. When I called to request one, I was told it would be an extra $10/day. When he brought it, it was dented and stained. I told the front desk that the carpet was filthy and they promised to check it, but when I returned to the room, nothing had changed and there was no message or anything. The A/C was very loud and would not turn off. If it hadn't been at the end of a long week, I would have checked out and gone anywhere else! I will never return nor will I will have any of my staff return here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gregory L, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We were sorry to read your review of our Hotel. Please contact me the next time you travel to the Rochester area. I would like to assist, and make your next stay exceptional.

Direct Line: 585 613 9588

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed one night, getting in after midnight and leaving by 9 AM. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful. This is an older property, but the room was clean, in good shape, and everything worked as it should. I'll be back on my future business trips to Rochester.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice-looking place, very good, above-average breakfast. Big minuses- squealing showerhead, though pressure not bad. It was not a terribly hot day, but the room's AC was quite inadequate- I had to sleep on top of the covers at times- which meant, I didn't always sleep. The bed was too far away from the unit, which was cranked. lack of TV and free WiFi was also a disappointment. We had dinner at the lounge- food was good but I had to ask for bread, and i could tell it had previously been frozen, then nuked and heated, so it was anything but fresh. Waitress was nice but disappeared and water was never refilled. They were kind enough to let us have a later checkout- as my stomach was not doing well the next day. The view of the pool from the elevator was nice, but it was always occupied and I didn't feel comfortable about jumping in with some large family. The bed, however, was comfortable, the people friendly- my biggest beef was with the room temperature.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool with a climate control that works properly.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Owego, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 4 times over the past year. The rooms a very nice and updated. The staff that checks you in is always very polite and informative. I have seen other reviews regarding the high price and dishes in the hallway. I always book online and get a decent rate (usually less than the other hotels in the area) and i have seen come dishes in the hallway in the morning which has caused some carpet staining - but I did not see that as an issue because the rooms are quite nice and make up for it. I definately would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gregory L, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We do appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Safe Travels!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

convenient location right off the freeway. heaps of parking. nice big atrium leading into reception. massive pool which can get busy sometimes. we requested a non=smoking room but they only had smoking left. but at least when we got in the room you could tell they had done their best to air the smell out. we only stayed here as on the way to boston for a wedding so probably woudnt stay in the area again, but doubletree always seem quite reliable.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was okay overall, better than other accomodations in Rochester but that isn't saying much as the city really lacks for good hotels, a real shame when one considers the commerce the businesses bring in.

The run down: free parking, $9.95 Wi-Fi, $ breakfast, small feather pillows (5 on a bed?), nice cookies, nice atrium with a bar, nice lobby, friendly staff, HD channels. Would stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed with the family for one night. Very convenient location off I-390 and just a hop to I-90. Superb room rate for a nicely kept room. We liked the full-building atrium and the kids loved the pool. The exercise room looked well equipped. Breakfast buffet was good, with excellent staff service. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!