“There are better options...” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Jefferson Road, Henrietta, NY 14623   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Ohio
“There are better options...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This Double Tree was sub-standard at best. Unfortunately, my discreet complaints to the manager only resulted in more frustration and disappointment. Since I am a frequent traveler, I do have high standards - so when there is something wrong, I tend to be soft and allow someone to correct things. But when those corrections don't happen, I become an unhappy traveler!

I was traveling on business. I was told they were sold out of non-smoking king rooms, but I arrived to my room and was pleasantly surprised that it was a non-smoking king. My pleasure turned quickly to disgust when the internet didn't work in my room...and there was a mouse dropping on the cup lid.

I took the cup lid to the front desk and asked the manager, discreetly, to look at it. She apologized and offered me 5,000 Hilton Honor points (which I have not received 2 weeks later). They moved me immediately to another room, and provided someone to help move my things. Unfortunately, the room they moved me to was outdated and the door would not open with slamming my whole body into it, but I didn't realize this until later since the bellman had opened the door (why didn't he acknowledge it then?). I thought about taking a dip in the pool to relax but honestly, with the open atrium - it would have felt like you were on display, despite the attempts to cover the area with draping (the hotel was previously a Holidome so I understand the layout). Also, the inside rooms technically don't have a window. They have balcony doors that open to the atrium, but others can walk by your room, so you generally would want to have the curtains drawn.

After all of this, on my way out I asked for a cookie. The manager recognized me and asked if my room was okay - I told her about the door and she apologized as she was looking for the cookie. She came back and said she seemed to be striking out, as there were no cookies. She offered to send a tin to my home address on file since I was checking out. I don't know if they had the wrong person or what, but it has been 2 weeks and I have not received the points or the cookies.

I do not recommend this hotel for anyone. There are many better options in the area, and the service is followed through.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay in an outer perimeter room. The interior ones are weird with the win...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011 via mobile

Popular chain restaurants nearby, outside of Downtown Rochester, clean overall, room 109 needs some additional maintenance in the bathroom, like the scent a feel of the soap and shampoo. Atrium lobby bar is nice and the gym is well equipped.

• Stayed September 2011
Ventura County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stay here two times a year when in town on business. The hotel is older but what really counts is service and they provide that in spades! The staff is very accomodating with any special requests. The rooms are updated with very comfortable beds, the towels are thick and soft, and the bathroom amenities are very good.
The decor and style may be older but good service and a quiet, comfortable room is really what I look for when traveling and the Doubletree has both. The cookie is a nice little fomey (faux + homey) touch.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was at the DoubleTree Rochester, NY Mon to Tue this week. I accompanied my sis in law as she was there on business.

I loved this hotel!! The welcome cookie was the best part. The people at the front desk are so accommodating and friendly. Loved the food and drinks at the lounge and the restaurant.

The bed was so comfy...I had one of the best night's sleep ever because of the pillows. The room especially the bathroom was very clean!

I have already recommended this hotel to everyone I know. If you are travelling to Rochester and need a hotel, you cannot go wrong with the Doubletree.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed here for three nights while in the area for business. The hotel was clean and quiet but is certainly beginning to look its age and the fit and finish seem trapped in the Reagan era. I arrived late (around 11pm) and there was nothing to eat in the hotel (room service and food stops at 10pm) so I was thankful for the Doubletree cookies!

Rooms are pretty basic with a smallish tube TV which does the standard jumping from virtually inaudible to ear-piercing trick between channels. The desk and chair are hard to work at as the desk is slightly too high for the chair at its highest setting, so long laptop sessions are ill advised. The bed is passable, but very soft which is good if you prefer that. Thankfully they provide lots of pillows.

One last thing, watch the elevator! One of them likes to stop on every floor, no matter which buttons you press!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the outside of the building. The interior ones have no windows and sliding...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Nice hotel, room was perfect, restaurant on-site, pool, bar area, and warm cookies on arrival.

• Stayed July 2011
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed for a soccer tournament. Some rooms face the inside - we had one facing a wall so not a nice view but overall the property was nice with indoor pool and large solarium and gardens inside. Close to the highway.

Room Tip: Inside rooms higher up are nicer
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!