“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Jefferson Rd, Henrietta, NY 14623 (Formerly Rochester Marketplace Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Me and a couple of buddies stayed here for the PGA Championship and were pleasantly surprised about the hotel. The room was great, location to Oak Hill was close, there was a free shuttle to the parking lot, free wifi and best of all... free breakfast!

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, and typically the free breakfast is nothing to call home about. This one was different. A full buffet, an omelette station and everything else you would want at breakfast. On top of that, they had some of the nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered working there. Luis and Lisa were awesome. Their genuine enthusiasm really made a difference and made our stay more enjoyable, something that is pretty rare these days.

If I ever find myself back in Rochester, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just stayed here for the PGA Championship and were impressed with the facilities, rooms, and location. It is centrally located with easy access to the highway, restaurants and shopping. In addition, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful with any questions we had. The highlight of our stay was the complimentary breakfast. Whatever you wanted for breakfast was available. The breakfast was made ever more enjoyable because of the service and skill of Lisa and Luis. They made the breakfast experience extremely enjoyable. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Millville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here when first visiting the campus 2-3 years ago and were hooked from then on. It is central to most anything you want. Eating, shopping and most anything else are only minutes away. The best part of this facility though is the staff and the breakfast. Lisa and Luis at the breakfast are the ONLY way to start your day. Lisa is friendly and makes you feel right at home. Luis makes the best omelets ever. The only downside to this is that you had better get there early or you're going to be waiting, but it is worth the wait. Many hotels could learn a thing or two by coming here and seeing this exceptional service.

The only negative part of the hotel is the mattress. It kills our backs for some reason.

Room Tip: We have stayed in multiple locations at this facility and none have been better or worse than anothe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Located on a busy street called Jefferson Road, I just happened to be in the area during the PGA! The parking lot had several silver Mercedes with the PGA logo on the door..these cars are all over the city!

The Good:
The location. Jefferson road is a main drag in Heneritta and there is lots nearby.

My room was an executive suite. Nice. The bathroom was spacious but was missing a full length mirror (I'm telling you, a girl needs a full length when getting ready), and a smaller wall mounted magnified mirror (AND a girl needs this to apply makeup). My room had a kitchen but absolutely NO utensils. What good is it is to have a kitchen, sink, microwave and no utensils? That is something for management to answer..... While that was a pain, I still liked the room size and bathroom. Those were pluses.

The bad:
The pillows suck! Or at least the ones in my room do. When you walk in all the pillows are arranged beautifully on the bed with cute little labels of: Soft or firm, the fact of the matter is they all feel the same (lumpy) and you can tell they've been through the washing machine & dryer and they are warped messes that don't feel soft or firm. No one would choose a pillow named "Lumpy" right??

I checked in early, really early like 11:00 when check in time was 3PM. I knew my room wouldn't be ready but a girl can always hope, right? I asked the front desk guy to CALL ME when the room was ready and I didn't mean maybe! He took my number and said he would. Well..he didn't. So, I was left to roam the local mall waiting for a call that never came. Good for Macy's, but bad for Holiday Inn because I'm NOT writing about Macy's right now am I?

When I finally checked in, the NEW cute front desk guy apologized for not calling me (he said he was completely unaware of the request to call me), and upgraded by room because of my inconvenience. Cute & responsive. What ever girl wants right? Nice! Just need to pass that along to the other shifts....

Breakfast: No grab n'go. Sit down ONLY! I wanted a coffee & some fruit and they wanted to charge me for the cheapest sit down meal ($9.95) and who wants to pay that for a coffee and banana? Not this KC Girl!!

Summary:
I really can't complain too much. It's a very busy week in the Rochester area with the PGA happening in town (and let's be honest here, the upgrade is what is saving them in this review).

My room is a spacious, clean and the bathroom is better than some 5 star hotels I've been in. Above all, I appreciate that it's quite. I'm here on business & not family time so no screaming kids is GREAT for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights during a recent business trip to Rochester. I've stayed before and have to say that it's always a clean, quiet place to stay and also the facilities are fantastic.

I'd also like to leave a special note of thanks to an employee called Lisa who works at the hotel, she greeted and seated me at breakfast each morning and I have to say she was probably one the most friendly, bubbly and helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She complimented everyone who came through the door, making them feel great at the start of their day. I hope she is recognized by the hotel for being a wonderful employee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

All the amenities at this hotel were very clean and up-to-date. Our TV was large and the refrigerator was cold. The breakfast was especially good with made to order omelette and waffles. Nice location if you visiting RIT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carver, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our room was great, breakfast was amazing;freshly made to order omelette. Monday-Thursday they provide dinner buffet. Easy access to many points of interest. We highly recommend this hotel.we were only a short drive to the Finger Lakes, with wineries all along the lake.

Room Tip: We took the 2-room suite, very nice having the extra space .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace? Share your experiences!