“Want a great get-a-way and relax.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Jefferson Rd, Henrietta, NY 14623 (Formerly Rochester Marketplace Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Toronto, Canada
“Want a great get-a-way and relax.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Holiday Inn & Suites, Marketplace, Rochester, NY was simply the best. My family and I had a most wonderful and relaxing time. It was only for 1 night, but we were looked after so well. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, courteous, always smiling and really looked after us. There is a courtesy vehicle that was made available for us and took us to the Marketplace Mall and then when we rang back to the hotel, they came and picked us up again from the Mall.
Also on the Sunday evening my wife and I had to go the Walgreens to get a few things, and rather us trying to sort out the public transit, their courtesy car was made available for us, and they came back to Walgreens an hour later to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. The Holiday Inn & suites is extremely clean and well managed. The staff is simply the best, and on the Monday morning for breakfast buffet, the young lady was so helpful, and the omlette Chef was simply the best. The omlettes were so delicious and light. My family and I really enjoyed our stay there and we are planning to go back for 3 days (2 nights) towards the end of February.
Thank you Holiday Inn & Suites, Marketplace, Rochester, NY. Thank you.
Michael.

Room Tip: We had 2 double bedded rooms for my wife and I, and one for our sons. They are very spacious. Wond...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful compliments and great detail of how we exceeded your expectations. You taking valuable time of your day to recognize our staff and will return makes our entire staff ecstatic and keep our spirits high. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. Please contact me directly for anything else we can do for you and your family to even make your stay better. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had a great experience. I didn't plan my selection or location to stay, it just happened. I stayed for five days. Everyone was excellent all services from housekeeping to greets to the omelet maker and the bartender. No problem to big or small for the front desk staff to handle.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker you will want a room near the outside door or exit. Otherwise you don't w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your 5 day experience at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and taking the time to write this great review. Our staff thrives on giving great service and making guests feel at home. Thank you for your time and hope to see you soon!!! Happy New Year!!!
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, right off the Highway near everything, all the food places, and shopping. I even like the rooms even if they are a little aged. The problem is the poor ventilation in the hotel and as a result the smell (fried food) of the onsite restaurant ends up lingering in the halls. I don't like the smell of food unless it's in a restaurant or kitchen, and this fail was difficult to work through. I have stayed at this property before and this is a consistent problem, and sadly the staff are hard working but the grill scent had ruled this location out for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Eric P,

Thank you for choosing us again and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you liked our rooms and that our location was suitable enough for your needs. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience our poor ventilation may have caused during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atco, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here in the past year. This time I need to drive nearly 20 miles to and from my customers site, but I chose this hotel from my past experiences. Once again I am not disappointed. All other Holiday Inns should take lessons from this hotel. It's a 3 star hotel with a 5 star way of doing things. I truly feel at home here. It's safe, clean, and quiet. Thank you all for doing what you do, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the breakfast and dinner staff, you are all outstanding. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2012
I have to say that this review was the cherry on top on the 2012 cake!!! I want to thank you very much on behalf of our entire staff for staying with us multiple times and taking valuable time of your day to write another review. I cannot stress how much this review means to us and the details you included. It is guests like you that makes everyone put smiles on our faces and keeping our spirits high. We wish you a Happy New Year and I cannot wait to see you, so please come soon. Thank you very much for this. Take Care.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for one night for a visit to Rochester. The hotel is really nice. The room was clean and very modern and updated. The bed was comfortable. There's some room for improvement in terms of lighting in the bathroom. The only complaints I had were that the two chairs in the room had stains on the fabric, and the refrigerator in the room (at the foot of the bed) was a little loud. This hotel has a lot of nice amenities - indoor pool, gym, a nice lobby, and free breakfast. The staff are friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time for writing us a review. We appreciate your business and value your opinion and will definitely take care of the issues you told us and hope you will stay with us again. We also want to wish you a Happy New Year!!!! Thanks again for this
Dunkirk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for some time, last week was booked in room 114 (per my request), bathroom had a small problem, There was an apparent leak in the plumbing in the room directly above mine. Water started running through the ceiling. Contacted the front desk and told them, they had called back to let me know that the person had taken an evening shower, and that there was no maintance on duty. Was never offered another room or compensation for the room? The front desk staff sometimes could use more education. Also they have a GREAT BREAKFAST, but could use a more tentative staff, they are more concerned about your room number than your needs, never seated nor offer coffee, and the omlete station was never staffed, alwasy had to wait for someone.

Other than the above, the room is clean and always great at checking you in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear eacrocke,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear you found the room clean and the check in was smooth. However, I am deeply sorry that you were disappointed about the condition of our ceiling and the hotel services you have encountered. We work very hard to ensure our quality and services are superior. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Adams, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Room was clean, everything in good condition. Pool was clean. No other amenities in pool area such as hot tub, steam room, or dressing room. Shower water pressure was good. The bathroom and room space looked like it was recently renovated. Bed was comfortable. No complaints. Didn't eat there or use other services. Walking distance to many restaurants and plazas.

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to the pool and check out. There is parking on all sides.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing us this review and sharing your experience. We appreciate you taking time to let us know how your stay was. I want to let you know that one of our sister properties does have a hot tub in their pool area and will extend that to you for your use next time. Thank you for your business and choosing our hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace? Share your experiences!