“Morning Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Jefferson Rd, Henrietta, NY 14623 (Formerly Rochester Marketplace Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool, New York, United States
“Morning Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I just wanted to share that The morning breakfast staff was amazing! Especially Lisa, Luis and Rael. I really am a HUGE fan of Lisa!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Upon arrival you're treated to a manager's DINNER in a larger, comfy dining area... The buffet meal is hot and delicious and perfect when you don't want to head out to eat. ... That was great, but then I went down for breakfast and met my breakfast angels - Lisa and Luis. Lisa was the most excellent host and perfect ray of sunshine in the morning. Then Luis whipped up two perfectly cooked HOT over medium eggs.

The room was clean and renovated. This hotel gives Holiday Inn a good name :-))

Room Tip: Don't skip breakfast and leave a nice tip! Lisa and Luis deserve it....
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed in a jacuzzi suite. I was surprised to see there were two rooms, from the pictures it only looked like one. The jacuzzi did not work at first but we called the front desk and they instructed us how to fix it. Since we stayed on a weeknight there was a free buffet dinner. We had tacos, it would gave been nice to have more options but for free I cant complain. There was also a free breakfast which was great, waffles and omlettes made to order.

Only complaint is this: check out time is 11. At 10:30 I was in the bathroom getting ready and my boyfriend was laying on the bed. The cleaning lady must have been anxious to get her work done and walked right in. No knock no nothing. VERY UNPROFFESSIONAL.

Overall enjoyed my stay and the room.

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear clarawright,

I'm happy that you decided to stay with us, and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. i deeply apologize about the service from the housekeeping staff. Your comments will be shared with that department to prevent this from happening to another guest. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Katie J
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was in town for work and was extremely pleased. The hotel was in a conveninent location, close to the college, shopping and eating. It was also very clean and the staff was pleasnt.

I went down for breakfast in the morning and was greeted by Lisa Luis. Lisa went above and beyond to make a simple breakfast a memor.

I'll be staying here again on my next work trip to Rochester.

Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Me and my girlfriend came to Rochester for a get away weekend and had a wonderful time. We got the hotel suite and the pictures don't do it justice off the website.The entire staff is exceptional and very professional. The hotel is very clean and everyone is friendly. The Kitchen staff gave us excellent service and went out of there way to talk to u and make u smile. It is located around anything u r looking for within 2 miles. I will definitely come back to this hotel if i am in this area again.The only thing that we did not like is the tv. It was difficult to find stations and the guide is different and takes a little getting use too. They could make that more user friendly. Thank u Holiday Inn staff for an awesome visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when traveling for work recently and I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The hotel was easy to find, it was located in an area that gets a bit of traffic, but is also surrounded by more than enough places to eat or get anything you want. Marketplace mall was right down the road and I went there one night and it was clean and just overall, a very nice mall. It was only about 7 minutes from my place of work when I was there (225 Kenneth Drive Rochester, NY). The hotel is in a very nicely kept and clean part of town. It basically shares a parking lot with a great new restaurant (Sticky Lips BBQ) and other restaurants are in walking distance of the hotel as well. I didn't use the pool when I stayed, but I saw others using it and it looked quite nice. The main lobby is very warm and inviting with plenty of places to sit, read, watch TV and just relax. They gave us tickets for complimentary dinners and drinks in the lobby each night (and it was actually a lot of food!). Overall the building was extremely clean and well kept. I have zero complaints about my room. Bathroom was spacious, shower was clean and shower head was high pressure and large. Plenty of supplies (soap, shampoo, etc). TV was huge and there was a microwave and fridge in my room. Cabled internet worked flawlessly while I was in the room. I didn't try to get on the wi-fi in the room so I can't vouch for that. Window was large, clean and curtains blocked the light for the morning sunrise. Alarm clock woke me right up, there was plenty of lighting throughout the room. Closet was spacious.

Let me tell you about my favorite part. The hostess at the morning breakfast. This can't even be called a continental breakfast as those are typically a joke. This was a FEAST! Aside from the huge buffet of eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and more there was a short order chef who would make custom omelets and waffles for any and all guests! But this wasn't even the best part. The hostess (I can't remember her name now) was fantastic. She warmly (and loudly :) ) welcomes each and every guest with "Good morning young man/lady!!!" as you walk through the door. Runs through the menu and the layout of the dining area and then seats you, pours your coffee and gets you anything else you need. She's full of life and was cracking jokes with the guests the whole time. They should give her a raise immediately as she excelled in every area of customer service, in my opinion. The food could have been awful, but with her roaming around the dining area, it would have still been worthwhile. But she rocked and so did the food.

Parking was spacious and it was easy to get in and out of the parking lot. The area was so nice that I even went jogging one of the mornings and ran a few miles down the road, toward the highway, with no concerns for my safety. It was all well lit and clean and even the air was enjoyable to breath. :)

My only (and small) issue was some of the traffic noise at night. Now - this could have been the room I was in (314) and maybe other rooms were further from the road and unable to pick up on the some of the semi-trucks passing through. Still, this was not a big deal and it didn't keep me up at night. just something small I noticed.

Overall - I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Rochester for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I requested 'away from elevator and ice machine' on my reservation and they put me in a room...
Central NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Fantastic hotel: spotlessly clean, well-appointed, beautiful furniture, mini frig & microwave in each room. Looks new. Huge indoor pool; pool area heated too so one doesn't freeze after getting out of pool. Located on outskirts of Rochester, only about a 5 min. drive to the Strong Museum and downtown. Free parking and lots of it. Next to a terrific barbeque restaurant and tons of other eateries within a minute or two driving. Malls up and down the road. Incredible buffet breakfast with a cook preparing omelettes to order, etc. Service in the dining room was phenomenal. Hotel has a smallish and tasteful bar. This hotel also serves a dinner buffet during the week for free. I was here with my family and we did not want to leave. The best of the best of Holiday Inn's offerings.

Room Tip: We stayed only a couple of rooms away from the pool's entrance area and loved that location. How...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace? Share your experiences!