“Fabulous! Just book it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Jefferson Rd, Henrietta, NY 14623 (Formerly Rochester Marketplace Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mississauga
“Fabulous! Just book it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We travel 3 to 4 times per year, all over the world, and this hotel has the nicest front desk anywhere. They bend over backwards to help you and accomodate you.
We usually come here once a year, for one night, when we catch a flight out of Rochester airport. They offer a free shuttle to the airport, with a safe, reliable driver (tip him ;-). The free buffet breakfast is hot, has lots of specialties eg. waffles and omlettes. The service is excellent. The food is delicious. The other clientelle sadly needed reminder to put some shoes on, to put clothes on instead of pyjamas, and to quiet down. Not everyone was part of their cheerleading club.
The rooms are spacious, CLEAN, comfortable. Don't even think about it, just book this hotel. You wont regret it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
WOW! This is a great compliment about having the best front desk staff in all the hotels around the world that you have experienced and just a wonderful review of your entire stay. Thank you very much for this review and making our staff very happy and keeping everyone's spirit high. Thanks again and we really appreciate your business and please come see us again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Elmira
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I'll start with the positive: The breakfast staff was extraordinary! There were two different people each morning making omelets and they were great! Lisa and Carleen could not have started our morning off better!! Wish we could stop over just for breakfast next time we were in town. Now onto the negatives: Ugh where do I begin.....I'll start small.....the pool itself was great, not over chlorinated and clean. The patio furniture surrounding the pool was newer and well maintained.... however getting a towel was next to impossible. Now most hotels (lets be honest ALL) with pools have a large stack of towels upon entering the pool area or at least close by. This establishment did the strangest thing and sort of spread towels around on the lounge chairs and tables. It actually made it kind of hard to tell if it was a used towel, a claimed towel, or an available towel. And there were rarely towels available at all. We always book a hotel with a pool because our 5 year old loves swimming and this was by far the strangest towel arrangement I have come across. Yes of course we could have brought towels from the room but then we would have wet chlorine scented towels to use after bathing. No thanks. This brings me to another towel situation. Getting extra towels out of this hotel housekeeping staff and front desk was actually completely impossible. I asked for extra large towels upon check in and asked that they be dropped off while we went to dinner the first night. I do this at every hotel I stay at every time I check in. No towels 4 hours later when we got back. Ok fine I'll do the footwork myself. I went to the front desk and had them give me 6 extra towels. We were all set, or so I thought. The next morning we had one clean towel left and left a note (a very very nice note) to housekeeping to make sure the left 6 large towels and 3 washcloths, not too much to ask for right? Nope they just couldn't handle that. Not only did they take our leftover clean towel but only left us the standard 3 towels. (Maybe I sound picky but after swimming we (3) take showers and need towels and I have very long hair and need an extra). Well anyway the note was gone but no go on the towels. I debated putting this next part in because it is hands down the MOST bizarre thing that has ever happened to me at a hotel. Now I'll take this second to note that I am a college trained licensed travel counselor for a VERY large travel company specializing in corporate travel and I run the hotel desk. So needless to say I have stayed in a lot of hotels the past decade. So bizarre for me can run the gamut. Well Saturday morning we left very early to go to an airshow which was our main purpose for being in this city and this particular hotel. I left two clean unopened sanitary napkins on the back of the toilet. Now I'm the type that "cleans" the hotel room before I leave and so housekeeping isn't overwhelmed and pretty much just has to empty some garbage, make the bed, replace towels (UGH TOWELS AND THIS PLACE!!). Anyway, as I glanced around the bathroom one last time to make sure it wasn't to messy I took note that they were sitting on the back of toilet, hesitated thinking maybe I should stash them, then thought "eh they are just plain white packages no big deal and I'll need them there later". So when we got back at about 6pm and I head into the bathroom....um they are gone. Who/What/How/ Where am I that the housekeeping staff needs to take/steal/use two pretty inexpensive sanitary napkins. Ok whatever moving on rolling my eyes.
And now the worst part drum roll please: We booked a King Jacuzzi suite. I linked directly to the Holiday Inn site from this website to book online. I find it unethical to use my career during personal travel unless I am reviewing a hotel for possible contract and bring the family along or have been invited by a hotel manager, so I like to find the best rates online (and sure there are tricks to going about it) and have always been pretty successful using numerous different booking site. Well I happened to need a bathtub this particular week for medical reasons and figured I might as well book a Jacuzzi suite because my son would also enjoy it. I called the 800 number provided on the Holiday Inn website and spoke to a representative in conjunction with booking online to ensure I was booking the correct room and getting the best rate. She assured me what I was booking was shown in the panorama pictures labeled suite where you could clearly without a doubt SEE the Jacuzzi. So all set, room booked. After many years of travel I have learned always call and confirm. So the day before I called the front desk and confirmed my "JACUZZI" suite. Yes maam you are all set we will see tomorrow.
Check in went smoothly, although before she had actually handed me the key she took a phone call then just slid the key card envelope to me and waved goodbye. Hey, I'm easygoing; they were busy, fine by me. We rolled everything up to our room with my son jumping in excitement to see our suite and "Cajuzzi".....no matter how many hotel stays he has over the course of a year every single one excites him!! We walk in, it's tiny, New York City tiny. That’s ok we always make the best of it and I'm pretty familiar with the wide angle lens trick used when photographing rooms. I like to let clients know when going to NYC expect to stay in a very expensive broom closet. But usually in other large cities the rooms aren't too bad. So we are looking around, relaxing and lo and behold no Jacuzzi. A closet where there should be a Jacuzzi. I called the front desk, spoke to Michelle and she said there aren't any more Jacuzzi suites and she's sorry for the mix up. She will let the manager know and get back to me. Ok, as long as the mistake is acknowledged I don't expect much, depends on how much the manager cares about representing his brand. An apology and maybe a couple bucks off would have been fine with me. Granted I actually needed access to a bathtub but lets just say I figured something else out. So a couple hours later I head down to the front desk to see if the manager had at least left a message for me. Nope nothing. The girl working at the front desk Tiffany said he was upstairs and she would talk to him as soon as he came down. Ok, I still wasn't angry, simply inconvenienced but we had dinner reservations so I told her no problem to just let me know when I got back and that she had a couple hours. Fast forward to 8'o clock.....I stop at the front desk to talk to Tiffany. Now to be clear none of this was her fault and she did exceptionally well diffusing the situation. She was honest, understanding and in no way made me feel like anything was fault. So Tiffany had a chance to talk to Martin the manager, oh wait a couple minutes later after I asked who Martins boss was Martin all of a sudden became the Assistant Manager. Well Tiffany let Martin know that I had booked a Jacuzzi suite. Martin looked at his reservation system and told Tiffany to let me know not only did I not book a Jacuzzi suite but I booked through TripAdvisor and they didn't have any responsibility. And when Tiffany let him I was speaking to one of Holiday Inn representatives as I booked online and needed the tub for medical reasons apparently Martin rolled his eyes or shrugged and simply didn't care. This is when I got a bit heated, but I knew It wasn't Tiffany’s fault and she was very understanding, so I told her it might be a good idea to give ol' Martin a call and apprise him of the situation and that I would see him bright and early the next morning.
Well what followed was a very unpleasant with Martin. You can't book "through" tripadvisor. You can link through tripadvisor. Strike one Martin. I don't appreciate a medical necessity of mine to be shrugged off and it be insinuated I am a liar. I offered paperwork with a Dr's signature that I had with me. Strike two Martin. As I explained the situation Martin blinked in confusion at me. He then said there wasn't anything he could because they had no Jacuzzi suites. I told Martin I understood that and asked what he intended to do. He said there was nothing he could do. Uh huh. Well at this point the hotel stay had become a farce and it was only 15 hours after check in. I asked Martin if he represented the Holiday Inn chain. Nod yes. And the little signs in the bathrooms of all Holiday Inns letting the guest know how important they are and to let hotel management know if there anything at all wrong....was Martin familiar with the signs. Nod yes. I then stared at Martin waiting for some kind of verbal response. Finally he said "What would you like me to do?" UGH!! I said "Martin what do you usually do in these types of situations when you have an unhappy guest? What has your brand and manager instructed you to do?" More silence. Finally I could see the light bulb go off over a Martin's head and he offered a discount. Fine. I wasn't wasting anymore of my time with this ridiculous hotel. I thanked Martin and went to enjoy my breakfast. Oh and Martin never did apologize. Tiffany did though and for that I think she should be given Martin's job. Apologizing and recognizing your mistake is the best way to a customer’s heart and the best way to keep a customer. Not only will I never go near this hotel but I am quite soured against the hotel chain.

Room Tip: Don't book anything here!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for giving our hotel a chance as we really do value each and every guests experience. The reservation that was booked with that particular room type was exactly what the hotel assigned to you. I understand that you called the hotel to confirm and the guest service agent must have misunderstood your question about the room type. I apologize on behalf of our hotel and glad that we were able to give you a deep discount to try to keep you happy. As far as the towels, it was very hard to keep our inventory on the shelves as many other guests were keeping the towels in their room and putting their do not disturb signs for us to even pick them up. We did have a high volume of usage of our pool and sincerely apologize for that. Also, our housekeepers have a little hard time to understand English and missed the extra care that you asked for that we should have been able to accommodate. Your stay is not the usual experience that our guests have and we really do try to meet the demands of all our guests and go the extra mile to make sure everyone has a great stay. Again, we apologize for everything and hope you understand. Thank you for letting us know where we can improve.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stay in seveal hotels around the world each and every year. To me a room is a a room is a room. When I enter the breakfast at the Holiday Inn on Jefferson Rd. I feel like I am having breakfast with my family. Lisa, Bobby and Colleen are amazing. I can't wait to return next week to see them all again. GREAT JOB GUYS, Keep smiling and keep the good times rolling in the AM...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
What a great review!!! This is great to know that we make our guests feel like family and that is our goal. We strive on making our guests feel at home, away from home. Thank you very much for letting us know that we are family. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Hotel is always great. The best free breakfast anywhere.Bobby,Lisa and Carleen always make breakfast a great expierience. Omlettes and Waffles made to order are delicious....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for this nice review. Our breakfast staff is one of a kind and glad you got to experience it. We appreciate the repeat business and hope we can make your stay perfect next time.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Special thank you to Lisa, Carleen, and Bobby- each made pesonal acknowledgments to frequent questions- felt comfortable and at home. The omelette made to order was fantastic! Thanks for everything! I go to a lot of hotels - this is one of the best!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for this perfect review. We appreciate the great feedback and sharing that we are the best hotel you have stayed at. We strive to make our guests happy and enjoy their stay and your valuable time to share this was very thoughtful. Thank you.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Wanted a place to stay near 390, for easy access to Geneseo to visit family. I couldn't have picked better. The hotel is right next to access to 390, it's close to the mall, all sorts of eating establishments, two grocery stores... I attend a Vineyard Church and low and behold one is located half a block walking distance! Then to top it off the breakfast was wonderful, a chef is available to prepare your eggs the way you'd like, or a waffle which can be topped with fruit and whip cream. Sausage, bacon, and potatoes are on the buffet as well as yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, breads, etc, etc. What I loved was the bowl of cut fruit (yes a bowl even though there was fresh fruit as well) was not in a syrup that I could tell, seemed totally fresh... and for me a diabetic wonderful. The staff couldn't have been friendlier, and even on Sunday when there were some inconsiderate guests (standing and blocking the tables for the other guests) the staff on duty did a great job at letting them know that the item they were waiting for on the table would be out shortly. In the process, the guests moved out of the way so others could reach the items they were trying to reach. I will definitely plan on staying here when I next come to visit family.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you for this wonderful review and letting us know how your experience was. I know your time is valuable and appreciate you doing this and sharing in great details of the service we provide. We appreciate your business.
Holland, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed for 1 night for a family wedding and although it looks like a cookie-cutter Holiday Inn from the outside located in a very busy shopping area, its the friendly and welcoming staff on the inside that makes this hotel stand out. The hotel itself was very clean in the public areas and the room itself, although very basic, was also clean. The buffet breakfast with cooked to order omelet station was wonderful and very filling. All of this for a very reasonable price made this stay a memorable one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you very much for taking valuable time to let us know how your stay went. We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your business. Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marketplace? Share your experiences!