“What a dump, rip off, this place should be closed!!” 1 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Henrietta
4600 West Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY 14467   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
PA
“What a dump, rip off, this place should be closed!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

checked in at 7:30 put my bag in the room and went out to dinner. Upon returning at 9:00 I found that the room smelled terrible from the air conditioner, the TV remote did not work and there was no internet acces in the room at all, either wired or wireless.
When I informed the girl at the desk she told me that even though it stated on the Room Saver coupon that"Free computer access w/Internet" that did not mean that there was acces in the room. She said it meant that you had a free desk top in the lobby and it had free internet access. I tolld her I was on business and needed access in the room and that I would like a refund she told me no, that I was in the room for over 3 hours. I said that I went to dinner and was only in the room for 5 minutes. She called her supervisor, but refused to tell me who owned the hotel and who was in charge. I had to call the police to try to get a refund. They made me pay 50% of the bill to let my bags sit in the room for 1 1/2 hour, what a rip off. The place is a dive and the night managers were rude and not willing to help at all, thank you to the local police to get myself a 50% refund.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Under duress of a policy that states cancellation must be at least 24 hrs in advance,, I paid for one night at this dump. It is unibhabitable and I checked into another place nearby that is not only clean, but $25 less for tonight and half of what they wanted to charge me for tomorrow night.
Despite a confirmed reservation, price of $62.99, I was charged $69.99 for tonight because I did not have a Red Carpet club pass- I signed onto this hotel rate with either AARP or AAA to get the discdount rated. The rude woman at the front desk refused to honor that. Secondly, I was told that the rate of $62.99 for the night would not be honored for Saturday as "rates are higher on Saturdays". They wanted $99 for that night., After checking in we went to the room. It was dirty and smelled badly, and as I said earlier, was uninhabitable.
Needless to say, I am angry. The hotel failed tomatch the desciption, is unfit for human habitation and I am out close to $80 as a result of misleading advertisements. Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation for the second night.
Frankly, I WANT MY $$$ BACK.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Watertown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

My daughter-in-law and I booked a room at this motel on Jul 19, 2008. We were told all they had was a smoking room. I thought it would be all right so I paid 103.59 for the night.
It was way at the back of the motel. When we went into the motel there were two people who acted like they were drunk stumbling around. I opened the door to the room and the odor was overwhelming. I thought I might be able to open a window and get some fresh air in. I went into the bathroom and there was no toilet paper on the roll. I went back out and Debbie had pulled the blankets back on her bed and there were hairs on the sheets. I checked mine and the sheets had stains all over them. We decided we would sleep between the blanket and the comforter. I sat on the edge of the bed for a couple of minutes. I had a dreadful feeling and had the urge to leave that place. I just could not stay there. We got our things and I went to the desk and told the receptionist that I could not sleep there. She asked me when I had checked in and I told her "about 15 min ago." she told me that I could not get a refund because I had already been in the room. I told her that I did not feel comfortable about staying there. I did not feel safe there. She told me about 4 times that I could not get a refund. I insisted and then she finally called her manager who came out. I told her how I felt and she told the recetionist to refund my money. She was very apologetic and said that she wanted her guests to be safe and comfortable. I will never go to anopther Red Carpet Inn and I will tell every traveler that I talk to not to stop at a Red Carpet Inn. This was the worst place that I have ever been in.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

My friends and I were in Rochester for 24hrs to see a concert. We had originally booked our stay at the Double Tree Hotel, and were relieved after a long days drive when we arrived in the late afternoon. However, we were turned down by the desk because we were not 21. We had no idea this would happen - and without a place to stay, the hotel recommended the Red ROOF Inn not too far from where we were. When we were again turned down by the Red ROOF Inn, our last resort was to try the only place both hotels said might accept minors (however they told us only to go there if we "didn't mind contracting an STD"-quote!!).
We were SO sketched out by this place. It was no joke - at this point, I would have felt safer staying in our car. We felt the need to block the door with a chair, sleep FULLY clothed and on TOP of the covers to avoid coming in contact with the urine and WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE stained sheets - didn't even consider using the bathroom.. and we put everything we had slept in into a plastic bag and washed it as soon as we got back home.
We were honestly afraid for our safety in that place.
I've never had a worse sleep in my life and I would never EVER recommend someone stay here.

Stayed April 2008
Worchester,MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

I agree with everyone. First i thought this place is nice. But seems like end up with sleeping in garbage. They asked for ID when i asked whether there is a policy, the front desk told yes its. When I asked about copy they told its word of mouth only. Next the room sucks. Queen Size bed with bend.

Bath room no closing. Turn hot to cold and cold to hot. Is that funny?

Room lights doesn't work

NO WIRELESS Internet. Its a joke.
Breakfast is funny. Breakfast tables shake be careful.

Smelly room

Slow drain in all the places in the including the toilet.

Front Desk people of arrogance. I saw them wearing the same dress for 16hrs :) It seems like final resting place. Please Please don't go there. STAY Near any place.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

I thought I was reserving the Red Roof which is across the road and reserved at this place by mistake. It is disgusting. I am seriously considering calling the board of health because it is not only filthy but a firetrap. I cannot even believe that this place is allowed to remain open. I have been coughing ever since I stayed there as I feel that I might have some sort of infection. I am not kidding. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car or in the nearest barn. Hopefully, I can contact the right people to get this place inspected before somebody dies in this rathole.

Stayed August 2007
Ramseur NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

When booking this location I was informed that there was Internet access. Upon arrival we found out that there was no Internet access. This was really disturbing because I could not communicate with work. I could not even plug my wireless into the wall socket because the sockets were not up to code! Also the free breakfast was a joke. When I have coffee, I use cream and sweet and low. They had neither! Also..every time we left and came back to the room, which was 2 or 3 times a day, our keys did not work in the door! We had to continually go to the front desk and tell them our keys didn't work. The room was a catastrophe also. One morning I wanted to sleep in and put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I went to get a soda and the maid had entered the room and started to clean up...she had already made the bed. Can't they read???? I am sooooo unhappy with this experience. I will inform any one who asks me where to stay in Rochester NY to avoid this hotel!! I even told travelocity and the front desk that I should receive a refund and the girl at the desk told me to call customer service, which I did when I returned home on Sunday the 6th. I feel with all the trouble we went through I should receive at least half my money back!!
I have been to every website to try to complain since your phones are attached to India and I can not get anyone to help me there.
All your websites the send information button does not work.
I am still waiting to this day for a response to all my phone calls and emails.

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING
  • Disliked — The RUDENESS
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Carpet Inn Henrietta? Share your experiences!