“exceeds expectations for price.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
“exceeds expectations for price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel was wonderful for the price I paid. The rooms were very spacious and the staff was actually very helpful. I had an interview at the university of Rochester which is the reason I was staying at this hotel. They made sure my stay here was relaxing. The breakfast was also great and the other amenities including the pool and gym were amazing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Was overpriced for what we got. Place was a dump, Looked dingy. Breakfast area was old and did not look appealing. This place only has 1 KING beds!!!. Pricelined it and was disappointed to find out this hotel chain is like the ONLY HOTELS out there that only have 1 bed. Almost every other hotel chain out there has the option of 2 doubles, Regardless, ended up having to book another room at another hotel.. Although priceline does not gaurantee beds (fully aware of that), most hotels would have the option for 2 beds (if available). This place is good if you just need a quick stay and go or can't find any other hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My mom just got out of the hospital in Rochester and we needed a place to stay for the night, we decided to go here. The staff was very friendly and helpful and they gave us a great price. The room was clean (But no complimentary shampoo or conditoner but we had our own, but they did have soap). The bathroom was a decent size, and the room had a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfy and there was also a nice size flatscreen tv. The contenental breakfast was good, they had a varity of bagels w/cream cheese, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Was very satisfied with our stay!

Room Tip: Hotelcoupons.com have a great coupon for a walk in, as well as the hotel discount books at rest area...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Grantsville, Maryland, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not traveling enough to be alert to such things, my room was across the hall from the ice machine which seemed to be busiest making ice at about 4am. In any case, I could turn the air conditioning fan to constant and that covered the noise. I suspect most other rooms are much quieter. No pool (not that I cared much). WiFi service was weak but worked fine -- odd since there are 6 or so APs.

Horton next door was far better for breakfast -- free "breakfast" was OK but Tim's is a better choice unless free is what you seek.

There is no pool or restaurant, hence the "terrible" rating.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 242 (or the ones in the upper landing) or turn on the air conditioner to "C...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of driving, I arrived at this dingy motel. I have driven the 90 thruway at least 100 times and stayed in countless motels along the way, including the red carpet inn, so believe me when I say... That place is like the Ritz compared to this dump. Upon arrival in the lobby, there were 3 creepy looking guys drinking open containers of alcohol, one without a shirt or shoes, they were clearly intoxicated and less than subtle when they "checked me out".... Not exactly the most comforting feeling for a woman traveling alone. After paying a whopping $115 for the only available room, i went upstairs and locked the door behind me. The room absolutely reeked of smoked, the window was open without a screen, so there bugs everywhere... The floors were filthy, cigarette burns all over the furniture, hair in the drain of the shower, someone's dirty towel on the back of the door and possible dirty bedding. The Anthony Perkins impersonator at the front desk was completely unapologetic and asked me if I wanted clean sheets, that I would have to change myself... Pathetic excuse for a motel, you would be better off sleeping in your car at a rest stop, and safer too

• Stayed May 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

There are at least six motels clustered here at the corner of West Henrietta Road and Lehigh Station Road. It's an enviable location, just a minute or so off Interstate 390 and only a bit further off the New York State Thruway. You can be in downtown Rochester or any of the outlying suburbs in no more than 20-30 minutes.

I haven't comparison-shopped these places in years but suspect we get the best price deal here at the Microtel. Wife and I picked the Microtel out of the lot at least twelve years ago, have stayed several times since then whenever we're in Rochester, and have never left dissatisfied.

I'm befuddled by some of the negative Tripadvice on this property.

Noise from another room can happen in any motel, motel or apartment, anywhere--unless you have a suite at the Dakota, reputedly completely soundproof! On our most recent, three-night stay just completed, some insomniac nextdoor chose to keep the TV blaring all night, one night. Other two nights were quiet as the tomb, and we had great sleeps, good firm mattresses.

We dealt with three different desk staff and all were friendly and helpful. We encountered one female housekeeper and one chap who seemed to be sortof supervising the housekeeping: both acknowledged us appropriately. Jeez, folks, these jobs aren't the most exciting and rewarding, particularly at a Microtel. I almost feel that I'm the party who can afford to be the one making a bit more effort to brighten things up. It's a joint effort.

Our room was well-lit--bathroom even had a floodlight overhead, in a ceiling fixture that probably once housed one of those great oldtime sunlamps or heatlamps--with fresh paintjobs wall and ceiling, windowseat and desk chair upholstery good, carpeting maybe nearing its endtime but certainly not grubby or objectionable.

I especially appreciated the new, highspeed internet terminal in the lobby. Many budget motels have long done away with these (they're prone to so many ingenious vandalisms and viruses) in favour of just providing wireless access in the rooms but for those of us who wish to avoid the added burden of lugging around a laptop, the lobby terminal is a great feature.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I decided to stay here on a trip to visit an area college. I think that staying on a Friday night is a big mistake! I could hear everything from the next room. At midnight, I was woken by the door to the room opening and the couple conversing and then leaving. At 2am, I again heard the door. I then heard the couple using the toilet, the sink, having a 30 minute conversation and then having sex. Talk about being uncomfortable! I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester? Share your experiences!