“Nice Stay Overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Rome, New York
“Nice Stay Overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks. I stayed here because I had a two week job training seminar at RIT. I had two different rooms (1 for each week). The first week I stayed in the North Tower. It was nice, clean, updated and quiet. Basically it was everything I could have wanted for a hectic week. The second week I stayed in the Courtyard Tower. While both rooms were clean, the second room was far below the par of the first. I had no towels in my room when I checked in, but, a quick call down to the main desk and I had new towels in less than 10 minutes! (That is service!) The air conditioner in my room was wonky. Sometimes it would run for an hour, sometimes 10 minutes and then it would shut off. I could have called and had it fixed, but I was not in my room enough to worry about it. The fan on the air unit was sufficient when I was in the room. I do know one of the other people from my group had a similar problem and they asked for it to be fixed, and it quickly was. The internet in the room required an ethernet cable (the room I stayed in the first week did not), but the hotel kindly supplies them for all guests to use. Showers in both rooms were great. Lots of hot water! There is a restaurant on site, but I did not eat there. Overall, the hotel is sprawling and can be confusing with all the entrances, and elevators, but the desk staff is fantastic. They are kind, patient, and efficient. There were a couple issues, but overall this hotel was quite comfortable. It was a nice place to make my home away from home for two weeks.

Room Tip: The North Tower is updated, so I would choose a room there if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Not the best place I've stayed, not the worst. The hotel is old and not kept in very good repair or cleaned properly. Look under the bed, see what I mean... Our room was one of 30 booked for a soccer tournament, the team was placed together, which was a good idea. The AC in our room did not work properly, the room has a persistent mildew smell, the lamps didn't work and the bathroom fan was inoperable. If our focus wasn't on the tournament, I would have been very disappointed and looked elsewhere to stay. While wifi worked in our room, we were the exception, the hotel only provided wfii in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel itself is nice but it was the staff that overwhelmed us. From the minute we entered the hotel up and throughout check out, every hotel employee we encountered was friendly, and genuinely wanted to make sure we enjoyed our visit. Our room was very clean and our kids really enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools!

Room Tip: We wanted and asked for a room close to the pools but not right next to them and that is exactly wha...
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Clay, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our soccer club, which consisted of 5 teams (over 50+ rooms), stayed in this hotel. The hotel was suggested by the tournament travel agent. While most of the parents did not have any complaints, the biggest complaint by far from the ones who did was the mold/mildew smell of some of the rooms and they asked to be moved. The hotel definitely needed some updating and from the scaffolding noticed around the complex, it appears some of that is being done.

Some complained of not having a refrigerator or microwave in their room which are usually pretty standard, and some complained of the hotel not offering any breakfast. Some team members stayed at the Fairfield Inn nearby the night before and said that it was a 5* hotel compared to RIT; plus it included breakfast, had the added ammenities and was the same price. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean- it was just the smell.

The Sales staff was VERY helpful in guiding us with arrangements for a 150+ person team party that weekend and I think that helped take people's minds of the issues since their kids were having fun. However, all that being said, I heard many people say throughout the weekend they would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I didn't know what to expect but I was pleased with my stay. .especially since we had a refrigerator and microwave, I look forward to staying again the room was just spacious enough.. It was clean, the staff was courteous I loved having the guide channel big plus for my husband and next time looking forward to the pool. ! Nice weight room..thanks

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hanalei, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was nervous at first - painted brick walls...dated decor...dry erase boards on the doors (it's an overflow dorm). But once I adjusted my expectations I liked this place just fine. I was there for a conference and stayed 5 nights. I guess I would say that staying here is a little like staying at your relatives' house - you don't expect anything fancy but it's comfortable and the people are mostly friendly. The restaurant is like a small cafeteria but the custom omelet, potatoes and bacon cost me $5 as opposed to the $20 one I had at Denny's. The shuttle is great - they will drive you wherever you want to go within a 5 mile radius. The catered meals for our event were pretty good, although I have to eat gluten-free food and I'm not entirely sure they knew what this meant because I got steamed rice, fish and green beans with no sauce or seasoning. Although this is better than the usual plate of lettuce that many places give me.
This hotel offers very inexpensive rooms to people who are either patients or family of patients at the local hospital, so there were several people who had been living at the hotel for quite some time while a loved one waited for a transplant or had other lengthy procedures.
One of the elevators was broken and this caused some extra walking and I actually got lost one day. Overall, I'd say the RIT Inn is fine for the price as long as you aren't expecting the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok property but requires updating. Rooms were clean, but phone did not work. Had to call front desk using mobile phone. Sliding door did not lock and low water pressure. Quiet area and street noise was not an issue.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to RIT Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!