“Excellent value for the discounted rate” 3 of 5 stars

RIT Inn & Conference Center
5257 West Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY 14467   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
New Lowell, Ontario
“Excellent value for the discounted rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here while my friend had a doctors appointment in Rochester. The hotel was donated to the Rochester Institute of Technology by the Mariott corp. When it was under the Mariott, it was in great shape, and nothing has been done since then to maintain it. The rooms were comfortable, but a little out of date. The fridge in our room was one of those Kool a tron ones with no compressor so it never got cold. We had them change the fridge 3 times before they understood we were looking for one with a compressor.

The beds were VERY comfortable. I have never slept more soundly in a hotel then I did on this trip!

The pool was in good shape and was well maintained, the hot tub apparently hasn't been working for months as they are waiting for a part? Dissapointed about that.

Enjoyed their in site restaurant with our coupons for food as well.

Overall, paying just about $5o a night for a room was well worth it considering the amenities we had and the dated look of the hotel. I wouldn't pay more then $80 a night here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

As part a group that stayed at this hotel via an organized bus trip, this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. First, I'll start with my room that faced the highway. The bed was comfortable enough, but the A/C wasn't working the first night and the fan kept running withoug stopping even on the auto setting. Since we got to our room at 11 o'clock at night, it was too late to do anything about it, but we reported it to the front desk in the morning before leaving for a full day of seminars. On our return at 9 o'clock at night, we could tell the A/C had been repaired and cooled the room; however, the noisy fan kept on running without stopping even on the auto setting. That resulted in a 2nd sleepless night. The bathroom needs to be revamped. Fan didn't remove humidity from bathroom fast enough. Obviously refinished bathtub was peeling around the drain.

Second, hotel staff weren't equipped to feed such a large group (56 people) that had a schedule to keep. It took at least one hour to serve all 56 people at the cafeteria style restaurant for breakfast, and the fine dining experience had diners waiting for up to 2 hours to get their meal, if they received anything at all. My stead was excellent, but my dining partner's order got messed up and she received the veal instead of the fish she ordered. Appetizer salad arrived after the main entree. To be fair, perhaps the group organizer hadn't informed the hotel about the group's itinerary, but the hotel should bear some of the responsibility in not meeting their client's needs.

If you have a car and can drive to restaurants nearby, this hotel might do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I called the hotel at the last minute on July 7, 2012..we needed a room after spending many hours at the medical center---The hotel staff ( 2 different people) were very Pleasant on the phone and told me to come to the hotel and they would be happy to accommodate us---when we arrived, we were able to check in immediately and went to the room..I was VERY pleased with the room-- every thing was neat..clean.and in working order...........I would advise anyone to stay here---------We were in a rush to return to the hospital in the morning so we did not have time to use either pool or restaurant......thank you for the QUIET RESTFUL STAY !

Room Tip: We were on the second floor---could see the pool area -but very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waverly, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Two $225 charges to our bank account that were on hold for days after our stay. That is a very slimy thing to do. The place smelled like feet, the bread for our sandwiches was stale, and the so called "curfew" was not enforced.
The staff were decent and the pool was fair, though kind of dirty. The jacuzzi was broken. I squashed a huge bug in our bathroom. I had higher expectations. I won't go near there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

First let me say..the staff is very nice! The concept of low cost stay for patients at Strong memorial hosptial, their families and pets too is awesome. Add to it free shuttle to and from the hospital, airport, and town and I could say...who could ask for more? ME!! YOU!! EVERYONE! but Bowser who has peed and crapped and slimed every room in the inn. The entire place reeks of dirty dog! Carpets, furniture, curtains, and floors ALL reek of dirty dog washed into and re washed into them. The heater/air conditioner units blow dog/kennel air! Even the air vents and hair dryers do!! All the febreeze in the world cant cover or help!!
Now I LOVE DOGS! cats, birds, fish, ...you name it. BUT I am NOT living or breathing dog house kennel air. It took three room tries before we found one we could even breath in. Still when we got into the clear hospital air we both reeked of dog. Dirty old stinky dog. The arms on the red fabric chair in our first room were actually black from I am sure bowser drool.
Again ....the concept is wonderful. BUT they MUST improve by removing fabrics of every kind and replace it with washable vinyl furniture and linoleum for every rug including the elevators! so the floor is washable with bleach....and keep one entire floor for humans only!!. But as it is.....I would go elsewhere and pay to breath fresh air and drive myself to the hospital before I would EVER go near the dog house again. In fact....I would sleep in my car first! And if I would ever even think of traveling with my pet I would give it a bath and walk it outside first. And NOTICE to all....the hotel is aware of this. They have a policy that if you stay the first night they offer free to hospital patients...whether you stay the second or not you must pay for it. They KNOW its this bad and know the family of a seriously ill patient is stuck staying close to their loved one. Look for another hotel unless you absolutely need to stay here with fido. Every chain is on Henrietta along with every fast food you desire.
Again ...the general staff is very nice! Housecleaning needs to clean house!!! That means phones and remotes and clocks! I cant comment on food since the dog air was making me so ill and the phone disgusting I didnt dare even let my mind go there.
Its so hard to have a ill family and then have to suffer this also is just TOO much.

Room Tip: if you have a dog...no problem. If you dont ask for the room with "a history of the least pets...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at RIT Inn and the housekeepers stole my cologne that I had packed with me. Probably sold it on the streets of Rochester. Staff was uncaring and rude and did nothing. Stay away from this awful place!

• Stayed June 2012
Victor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husand and I recently had a little "get away" stay at the RIT Inn and Conference Center. It was a delightful visit. Upon arriving, we were warmly greeted by staff in the lobby and front desk. They were very helpful and friendly as they answered all our questions.

We found our room to be very clean and spacious with a nice view of the surrounding hills. All the little extras were in the bathroom, along with a coffee pot and coffee. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Although we did not use the pool, the lifequard, graciously moved chairs out on the sunny patio for us to enjoy.

Food was available and nicely priced. We enjoyed a gourmet dinner at Charades, the restaurant off the Lobby. Both the service and the meal were excellent..

Will we go there again? You bet we will., and the sooner the better.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. Very quiet, and roomy elevators.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to RIT Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!