“Great for families” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Henrietta
Toronto, Canada
“Great for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Extended a one night planned stay into two when we realized there was a lot to do in the Rochester area and when the kids were enjoying this property so much. The staff were friendly and the rooms pleasant and clean. The pool was nice and the breakfast was a big hit and so much better than spending $40 at some other place just for breakfast. Conveniently located just a few minutes up the road from a huge mall and a bunch of restaurants. It made a great home base for trips to shopping in Rochester, and Waterloo and for a visit to the Museum of Play.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the great posting to Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you and your family had such a great time when you were our guests. I have shared your comments with my team and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Rochester.

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NIAGARA FALLS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay.Have stayed here before when we go on a shopping trip. It is close to everything which makes it convenient.Walked over to the Cracker Barrel each night for dinner.Had a one bedroom suite. Lots of room. Since last time the tv's have been changed to new flat screens. The staff were very nice. Nice to have breakfast included.We could get coffee & tea anytime at the breakfast bar. Will definetley stay here again on our next trip

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write these kind words about your stay. It is our goal to make sure we can do what every possiable to make our guests feel at home while they are at the Homewood Suites Henrietta.
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We love Homewood Suites - it is our chain hotel of choice whenever possible, especially when we are travelling with children (in this case, our grand-daughters, ages 11 and 12), when the suite arrangement and convenient breakfast-in-the-morning are particularly attractive. We have stayed often enough that I am a Hilton Silver Preferred (or something like that) and can get some special treatment when necessary.
Unfortunately, this particular hotel, the Rochester-Henrietta edition, has failed to live up to our expectations. In a 3-night stay we had to repeatedly call on housekeeping to take care of mistakes: food (or something) from previous occupant splashed on closet mirrored doors and not cleaned before our arrival, insufficient towel sets for 4 guests, king bed made up with the wrong linens, no linens for the fold-out couch, I would point out that the staff, including housekeeping, that we talked with were always courteous and prompt in their response. Further, the charge for one of our nights was taken off the bill in recognition of the inconvenience.
I have no problem with the people we dealt with. I think the problem is in upper management or ownership, trying to cut costs and jack profits. For instance, the breakfast selections were noticeable fewer and of lower quality than any Homewood we have have been to, the dining room chairs were old and rickety and uncomfortable and quite a few were missing (I assume they fell apart and were not replaced), and there seemed to be fewer staff at each post than we are accustomed to. Like some other reviewers have observed, something seems wrong here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize about your experience at the Rochester Homewood Suites it is always our first priority to have our guests to be happy with our hotel. I have gone ahead and address the issues that you had with our housekeeping department and we have talked about how we can prevent this from happening to another guest. Please feel free to email me so I can address any issues that you had while you were staying kara.kane@hilton.com.
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I checked into this hotel on 7/12 after making an online reservation on the Hilton site. Upom arrival I was place in a rather ratty room, (perhaps because of only a one night stay?) Howver at $160 a night + I felt a Diamond member of the Hilton chain would be treated better. The room smelled of dog and had a view of the A/C unit outside. (Nice)
At checkout they could not even provide a receipt and was told I did not even stay there. (Duh)
I have stayed there before with no problems but there is definitely a problem now. Going downhill

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We Sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Since you are a Diamond Honors Hilton member, we understand how much you travel and how valuable a comforable stay is. Because your comments are valuable we shared them with the rest of the staff as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hop you will consider staying with us in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times over 4 years. The first 3 stays were great. Staff was great, Breakfast was good, complimentary dinner on certain nights was a nice touch, rooms were perfect.
The fourth stay - something was different. I'm not sure if the hotel manager was away or what, but several little things were severely neglected. For instance- The public restroom near the lobby was in terrible shape. It was reported to the front desk numerous times, but was not tended to for over a full 24hrs. In the large gathering/dining room next to the lobby there are large trash cans. Two nights, the trash was left overflowing from dinner service until the next morning. Still the rooms were great, but like I mentioned, something was going on...
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, as I hope this last stay was just a freak set of circumstances.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We like this property but not enough to give it the highest rating. The rooms are not spic and span. The corners of the room were dirty (needed a good vacuuming) and the bathtub could have been cleaner. I'm a stickler about clean bedding, and the sheets looked a tad worn. There's nothing better than fresh, crisp sheets, and this hotel is lacking. I expect a little better from Hilton.

Having said that, the location is great. It's quiet and has almost a out-in-the-country feel. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly, WIll definitelys stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor about your stay at our Homewood Suites. My team is always starving to provide great service and a clean rooms to our guests so I would like to apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can work together on a solution so another guest does not have this experience. I hope when you are in town again that you will chose to make the Homewood Suites Henrietta your home away from home.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

This hotel is definitely not up what you would expect when you book a room at a Homewood Suites!! I have stayed at other Homewood Suites, in fact they are my number one hotel choice when I travel, but this one I would never even dream of coming back to! I will say that the Front Desk staff was very kind, and it certainly isn't their fault that the rooms are disgustingly dirty! The whole suite itself is very spacious, but the decor is so univiting, it makes you feel like you are in a cheap motel! If my only problem was the decor though then I would have been ok, but when I lifted up the bed skirt because my shoe went underneath it and I saw not one but two used condoms under there after that I knew they do not clean their rooms the way they should!! I was so disgusted so I started looking around the room even more the small pillow with a pillowcase that has a duck on it had hair all over it, the shower curtain looked like it hadn't been changed in weeks there was so much soap scum on it, the plates in the cabinet had food stuck on them, plus some other things, it was just so disgusting! I wanted to leave right then and there but my husband was tired, after all it was 11pm and we had been traveling all day, I called down and asked for another room but the gentleman explained they were sold out and we were the last to arrive. I went down in the morning and wanted to speak with the manager, Kara Kane, but when someone pointed her out to me I knew exactly the reason this hotel is the way it is. So I didn't even bother to complain to her, I just left and knew I would never return. I had to spread the word somehow, and while others may have had a good experience, I am sure they never inspected the rooms the way we did.

Room Tip: Save your money, don't choose any room!!