“Awful customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester

You added Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester to your Saves list
Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Lehigh Station Rd, I90 NYS Thruway at I390, Henrietta, NY 14467-9311   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awful customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel through Expedia for two nights, Thursday and Friday nights, so that I could attend a wedding on Friday afternoon. I was assured late check-in was okay by Expedia. I arrived with my family at 11PM at night after a long ride in the car. We were all very tired and ready to just call it a night.

Upon attempting to check in, I was told that my reservations were for Wednesday and Thursday night, and I had been marked as a no-show. I showed the woman at the desk my printed itinerary from Expedia, and while she acknowledged that the paper showed the dates I had planned to stay, she told me that it was up to me to call Expedia and see if they would give me a refund. The only way she would book me a room is if I paid a second time.

Tired and frustrated, I returned to the car and called Expedia. After explaining the situation, the travel service agent called the Super 8 to try and work out something so that we could just check in and stay. After a few minutes, the service agent returned to the line and stated that unfortunately the woman at the desk was unwilling to work with us or Expedia to find a solution. He then found us a room on very short notice at a much nicer hotel.

Overall, my experience at this Super 8 was awful. While I can not comment on the state of the rooms or any of the amenities, I can say that the front desk staff could do with a lesson on hospitality.

However, Expedia was fantastic about righting what was wrong.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JasonSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Murgleburgle:

Thank you for taking time to provide this valuable feedback concerning the experience you had with our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to everyone who walks through the door. We clearly made a mistake in your case and we are very sorry. I am grateful that you have pointed this out so that the employee in question can be retrained. I have contacted Expedia to ensure that there were no charges passed on to you. If you wish to speak further on this issue, I am very happy to take your call here at the hotel. I am very sorry.

Jason Maloney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)

Been to Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester

Address: 1000 Lehigh Station Rd, I90 NYS Thruway at I390, Henrietta, NY 14467-9311
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Henrietta
#1 Best Value Hotel in Henrietta
#7 Business Hotel in Henrietta
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester Hotel Henrietta
Henrietta Super Eight
Henrietta Super 8
Super Eight Henrietta

If you own or manage Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.