“Would Definitely Recommend this Motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester

You added Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester to your Saves list
Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Lehigh Station Rd, I90 NYS Thruway at I390, Henrietta, NY 14467-9311   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Oshawa, Canada
“Would Definitely Recommend this Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I and my sister and brother-in-law just returned from a few days in Rochester and stayed at the Super 8 in Henrietta.

I would definitely recommend this motel to stay in. It was clean, the staff were helpful. There was a small breakfast offering, but right next door was a Tim Horton's as well. The prices were very good, housekeeping even replaced our Kleenex when we ran out! My experience has been that's one thing overlooked many times. We also had a fridge & microwave in our rooms.

I will say that it does have it's challenges.when trying to get ready. The light in the bathroom isn't very good for applying makeup and the mirror is quite high.

That aside, it's a good, reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Thornhill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed one night and were very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the desk staff, both on checkin and checkout. Everything was clean, tidy and well-maintained. One of the best experiences we've had in a motel. On the morning of our checkout we noticed several furnishing upgrades going on and were told that the owners are local people who keep the property updated on a 2-year cycle. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JasonSuper8, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers about your experience at or hotel. I will pass your comments on to the front desk, and the General Manager. A great experience for all guests is our number one goal. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

Got a special- stay 2 nights, get 20% off so I thought it was incredible value. Free wifi, breakfast included, which was perfectly fine, clean quiet rooms, safe area.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We strive to provide great service at an excellent price. Thank you for your kind words, and for sharing them with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I rented 3 rooms all were very clean, I have stayed at lower and mid rate hotels throughout the country but this hotel exceeded my expectations for cleanliness, updated rooms, good beds and a decent complimentary breakfast. All Super 8s are not created equal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hamlin, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I am a professional "Mystery Shopper" who's paid to write reviews, for a large variety, of goods and services offered to consumers. I offer this review freely, in hopes that the Super 8, Hotel Management team, will take proper measures, to ensure future guests are afforded, at minimal, a sanitary stay.
I booked my stay through hotels.com, and paid the rate stated, for a "King" room. I arrived at approximately 8pm. I requested a room which permitted "smoking," but was advised, by the desk clerk, no "King" rooms were available in "smoking," and the rooms available, which met my preferences, were substantial downgrades.
A slave to my vice, and suffering from exhaustion, I disappointedly, accepted one of the optional downgrades, the clerk offered. However, when I asked the clerk for the rate, of the more modest room, I was advised that there was no difference! The regular rate schedule was clearly visible, from where I was standing, and the difference in price substantial. While most hotels will negotiate free upgrades, at check-in, Super 8 subscribes to "bait & switch," in order to meet the preferences, of their guests. I booked and paid online, therefore she already knew they had the money, and didn't have to go out of her way to keep me from walking out the door!
While Super 8 advertises they offer smoking accomodations, it appears seemingly intentional, however, that they do not offer online consumers, the option of booking a room, in which smoking is available. The quality of the "non-smoking" rooms, pictured online, are so substantially different, to offer consumers the option, would require Super 8, to differentiate between the accomodations. If no option is offered, the consumer is left with the perception that all rooms are created equal, or at least comparable.
Although I ultimately accepted the downgrade at check-in, I never imagined the room could be so vastly different in quality, especially since I was not offered a lower rate! Just as we were finishing up the check-in process, my children came in. When the clerk saw that they were with me, she began stuttering about a deposit she forgot to include! She was scambling for words, apologizing about how she forgot about the deposit, that it had just gone into affect that day, so forth and so on. As she fumbled through paperwork it was blatantly obvious that the imposed "deposit" was directly associated with the appearance of my children. When I asked her what the deposit was for, she gave "long distance phone calls" as an example, and said, "it only takes one person to mistakenly use the phone!" My children are 12 and 14, not 4 and 6, but I didnt argue.
Upon entering my given room, I found garbage from a previous guest under the dresser, burn holes, in the bed's torn comforter, burn holes in the worn blanket under the comforter, and dingy yellow pillow cases. The garbage under the dresser made me wonder if they even changed the sheets! I spent the next half hour inspecting the sleeping area.
The room itself did not have the flat screen tv, or the upgraded more modern decor, I viewed in the "non-smoking" rooms, but those things were not too important. The bed mattress was so uncomfortable I could barely walk the next morning. The Satellite continually went out. The "Continental Breakfast" offered the next morning...was an ultimate let down compared to any other hotel I have been to. The area was uninviting, no fresh coffee, no waffle machine, just a blah "soup kitchen" type offering.
All in all, while the desk personnel wasn't too unpleasant, the ordeal left me with a very sour taste for Super 8. I will stick with Comfort Inn if this is the norm for Super 8 hotels.

Room Tip: If you smoke...bring a battery operated cig and get a non-smoking room! Smoking rooms are filthy an...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
JasonSuper8, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
First and most importantly, we are very sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. It is our goal to ensure every guest has an enjoyable experience when staying with us. I have brought the housekeeping issues to the attention of the General Manager and the housekeeping staff. We will review your comments with every housekeeper.
Regarding your comments about our pricing and deposit policies, I find it fair to mention that you purchased your room from a third party online, and when you pay them, they set a price and charge your card upfront. As for our deposit policy, it is standard policy for our hotel to collect a credit card for incidentals, because third party website reservations pay only for room and tax. This has been our policy for some time now, and I sincerely apologize if the Front Desk Agent made this unclear. We happily accommodate children and pets. It is my sincere hope that you will give us a chance to prove that your business is important to us, feel free to contact me directly here at the hotel to make a reservation, we are very competitive with online pricing. Again, we apologize for your inconvenience.
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We arrived about 8 PM on Sunday evening to discover that this particular motel had hosted a Valentine weekend just prior to arrival. I must admit that at first I thought it might not be in good condition after this, however, we were tired from a long drive, and they had a good price listed in the travel book we had gotten at the rest stop, so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. From the moment we asked if they had any rooms left for the advertised price in the book, to the final checkout, we were treated with respect and felt as if we were their most important guests. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows were excellent, and provided us with a very good sleep. Breakfast was a little limited and not a "super" breakfast as advertised, a small sized continental breakfast, but items were plentiful. Given the size of this hotel, it didn't make sense to me to have one four slice toaster for a room that could accommodate about 40 people for breakfast. That made for a long wait considering they offered English Muffins and/or toast. Thank you to the staff for making our stay outstanding.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JasonSuper8, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind words, it is always nice to hear from a guest when we get things right! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Every thing we perfect for us. When travelling we drive long hours and need to rest when we come in for the night. Great sleep. Room clean, towels clean, bathroom clean. Breakfast is free but could offer more choices..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester? Share your experiences!