“Amazing Bed and Breakfast in an amazing area” 5 of 5 stars

Availability & Specials
Ranked #1 of 2 Hector B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
winelover16
“Amazing Bed and Breakfast in an amazing area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I almost don't even feel the need to write a great review for Magnolia place because there are already so many. I'll sum it up short and sweet. I went on a trip with a friend of mine to do some wine tastings. I could not have asked for a more beautiful and relaxed place to stay. The innkeepers are wonderful people and you feel like you know them by the end of the trip. I felt as though I was staying in the home of a close friend rather than a hotel. The rooms are great and the breakfasts will have you giving your bathroom scale dirty looks for a bit! It is a wonderful and comfortable place and I would stay there again any time I go back from here on out.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

This place is the perfect getaway for your stay in the Finger Lakes region.

We checked in on a friday and stayed in the "Vintnor Room". That room, along with the "Vintage Room" are the only two on the East side of the house. It offered a lot of privacy back there. The rest of the rooms were on the West side of the house, and we were able to tour them on monday morning before we left and I really don't think you can go wrong in any of them. Some others had private jecuzzis that looked amazing.

There is a common area with a TV, DVD, and a wood fireplace.

Ted and Terri made amazing breakfasts every morning. These alone would be worth the stay. There were fresh desserts each night we came home from the wine tastings. The location is perfect right along the east side of Seneca Lake and a very driveable distance to the wineries on Lake Ceyuga.

They also have 2 wonderful dogs on premise who will lead you on a walk through the vineyards in the back. Very romantic!

Highly recommend! We will return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

My wife and I were honeymooning at the Magnolia Place for two nights and we loved it. The Magnolia Place was beautiful, quaint, and comfortable. Ted and Terri were excellent hosts and cook an exceptional breakfast.
My only issue is that I never received a confirmation email. Not after I first made the reservation by phone, and not after I called two weeks prior to our stay, again providing my email address.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Magnolia Place was the perfect place to stay and made my weekend getaway absolutely perfect. This is my first review ever posted for any stay I've ever made- and there have been plenty of good and bad, but this just completely exceeded my expectations. The place is so beautifully decorated (and clean), the hospitality was great (and friendly), and was in an ideal location (right in the midst of some of the great restaurants and wineries). I would go back again...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Excellent host and a great place to stay. The accommodations was excellent. The bed was comfortable with loads of pillows. The gourmet breakfast was something to look for every morning (delicious!!!).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Easton, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Beautiful house, very clean and tidy. Personable owners friendly and nice to talk to. Loved having our own veranda to sit out on a night. Felt comfortable to not feel like we had so sit in our room but can use the common areas of the house. Breakfast each morning was wonderful, delicious and filling. Views of Senca lake from the front of the house, and wineries and restaurants very close by. My husband and I had a wonderful time. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was an amazing stay! I have limited experience with B&Bs and my girlfriend never stayed in one before, so we weren't sure what to expect. Magnolia Place was easy to find (right off Rt. 414, near all the wineries and restaurants we were going to visit) and Ted and Terri were fabulous hosts. We stayed in the Magnolia Suite and weren't disappointed. We made liberal use of the jacuzzi tub and the room was comfortable and clean. Ted and Terri were responsive to our needs and cooked up delicious breakfasts for their guests both days we stayed (Saturday and Sunday). We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Magnolia Place? Share your experiences!