“Ok but not hospitality” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hawthorne
New York City, New York
“Ok but not hospitality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pros: situated up a hill off the road a little. Diner and Applebees down the driveway. Room and bathroom felt spacious. Indoor pool, sauna, and small outdoor space for sunning. No jaccuzi. On a main road with businesses (9A). Easy access to Saw Mill Pkwy and not far from Taconic and Sprain Brook Pkwys. Clean. Comfortable bed.

Cons: check-in is very late (4pm) unless you call ahead the same day to see if you can get in earlier. For us, it meant the room was not available for getting dressed for a wedding. Bad. Noon checkout was ok. We always plan travel to include a chance to swim, but the hours here are pretty limited. We tried to use our room card to get into the pool, but found out by intercom that we would have to register at the desk. We thought we WERE registered, but only for the room, apparently. Went to desk in our bathing suits and registered. Were strictly warned not to bring towels from the room even though we obviously weren't carrying any, and had to get buzzed into the pool by calling on intercom. What the? Felt like school or prison, not hospitality. Compare to complete ease around gym and pool use at every Hampton Inn we've been to. No coffee available downstairs at 7:30 am. Very uninviting free breakfast starting roughly 8am (too late!), and grim windowless dining area. Walk to the good diner down the hill for breakfast! Room oddly dark despite lamps and entry light. No light over tiny kichenette. Dark inside the shower. Dark over the suitcase bench. No closet, but there's a wardrobe. Dated furnishings.

Room Tip: Interior rooms on the 2nd floor overlook the dirty pyramid over the pool. No view. 3rd floor is prob...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very easy access to Parkway, clean spacious rooms, accomodating staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Garrison, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Check in was a breeze, even though I arrived a bit early. My room was quite large, with a separate sitting area and bar area with fridge and microwave. All bedding and towels were clean and fresh smelling. I agree that the walls are a bit thin, but I found the hotel quiet nonetheless. Climate control was very convenient. The breakfast was average for this type of hotel, and it was kept very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here on a family trip and were not disappointed. This hotel is clean and feels fresh and new. Our king-bedroom suite was very large with space for a couch (with hideaway bed), desk and chair and two wardrobes (one housed the flat screen TV, the other held our hanging items). The pool was attractively decorated and indoors, so useable throughout the year. There is a business center in the lobby with a computer, printer and small meeting table (could hold about 4 or 5 people). The free breakfast is served in an attractive alcove off the lobby and offers a full range of hot and cold items with a make your own waffle machine. A small fridge holds hard boiled eggs, yoghurt and butter. A variety of breads (two toasters), cereals, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and tea round out this area. Staff at the front desk and service staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a brief problem with a non-flushing toilet and it was fixed when we returned to the room from a short trip to the store. Rooms at the back of the hotel generaly overlook the glass pool roof (but you can't see the pool). We had an accessible room (though we did not need one, the hotel was full and this was the only one left). The concession to accessibility here was a larger bathroom with grabbars and signage on the door posted lower so that a person in a wheelchair could see it easily.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear overlook the enclosed pool roof and some views are not too attractive.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites last week. I was so pleased with the staff. I found them to be friendly, familar with the area and very professional. I was greeted by Gwen and Bryant with a big smile and friendly faces. I was traveling for the fist time by myself since my husbands death. The room was very clean and very nicely furnished. My first night Nikki (not sure if I spelled her name correct) was so sweet to direct me to a local supermarket and suggested a few places were I could get a bite to eat. Then the next morning was pleasantly suprised with the breakfast they offered. Again I was greeted by two lovely ladies who keep the breakfast area very clean. The owner of this property should be very proud of there staff. I can not wait to go back during the summer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Edgewater, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I checked into the hotel on a Tuesday night, and was very annoyed by the lady that checked me in. First of all her appearance was very unprofessional. She had very long nails, which I know in that industry should be short and well manicured. This employee was not nice at all when I asked for a non smoking room. I understand the hotel was booked, but it's not that she could not get me into a non smoking room, it's her demeanor when informing me. Her name tag had MANAGER on it, well if that's one of your manager I'm sorry for your guests.

Room Tip: Stay on the first or second floors, the third is all non smoking
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Greenacres, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The price is very reasonable for the value, service and definitely cleanliness that you get. The standard room with two queen sized beds was huge with a sitting area. The sitting area had two big chairs and a desk. There was a closet with iron board and iron in the room. The kitchen had a microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. Aside from the nightstand, there's a phone on the desk and one in the bathroom. I always bring my own towels, pillow covers etc. but I didn't feel the need to use them here. I was very comfortable with the cleanliness of the place. The continental breakfast is limited, but it's just fine for some quick nourishments before heading out to enjoy the area. The gym, pool & sauna area are clean and open till 8pm. I had a room on the first floor close to the reception area, but noise was never an issue. There's also an Applebees right next door to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!