“Not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Haverstraw
Cuisines: American, Latin
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

The last review is heartbreaking because this restaurant could not be more wonderful!

The food rivals any New York City hot spot. I had a Boston bibb lettuce salad with a watercress dressing - absolutely perfect. My entree was a chicken dish which was another home run. Do not miss the Pisco Sour Martini - Peruvians would be proud.

The service was flawless - the staff was attentive, friendly and so knowledgeable. I was dining alone and was treated like royalty.

The owner circulated the restaurant the entire time I was there and checked back to make sure I was pleased.

I will try to get back to the Union Restaurant and Bar Latino whenever possible.

new york
“Worst service in Rockland County”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Service awful. Food less than mediocre.

Oradell, New Jersey
“If there were six stars, this restaurant would have them!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

Downtown Haverstraw is a place of contrasts. There is a large hardworking immigrant population, and a mix of old and new stores. Many people shy from Haverstraw, but it is a very safe place, with a few great restaurants.

My wife and I had dinner here last night, and what a great treat. The service was the best I've had in years, attentive but not intrusive. Most restaurants ignore your water glass after the main course is served, but they kept our glasses full. About halfway through our meal, I dropped my fork on the floor. I reached down for it, and as I came up a waiter was standing there with a tray, clean napkin, and in the middle a clean fork. I counted about 5 people who at one point or another provided us exceptional service.

From the street, the restaurant looks bland, but once inside it is tastefully decorated and interesting to the eye. It is a great space.

But let's face it, we go out to eat for the food. Every dish we ate was a blend of flavors that made you want to to savor the flavor. My red snapper with crabmeat was superb. The desserts were also fantastic.

This is one of the best restaurants we've visited in Rockland County. Food, ambience, and service were at the level you'd expect in the French countryside.