“Not so good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Upsky Long Island Hotel

You added Upsky Long Island Hotel to your Saves list
Upsky Long Island Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, NY 11788 (Formerly Sheraton Long Island Hotel)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Used to be a Sheraton, so I booked a room there for work travel. The lobby looked good and the bar was still good, but the room on the 5th floor that I stayed in was not in good shape. The sink had a crack in it, the carpet had been patched right as you come in the door and it was a bad patch job! Carpet had stains as well.
Service at breakfast was poor, waited a bit to get seated because no one was around, breakfast came quick but was not good, the potatoes were terrible.
Not a bad place if you need to crash for the night but I will be looking for another place to stay next time.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Upsky Long Island about 10 days ago. On checking in, they gave me a ground floor room. The carpet was torn and worn. Also, the heating/cooling system was not working properly. I requested that the heating/cooling system be repaired, but it was not.
Then I requested a different room. The next room also had torn/worn carpeting. Also, the TV did not work and there were ants on the night stand. So I checked out immediately and requested a refund from priceline, who honored it.

Room Tip: Try the Hyatt instead which is about 7 miles from the Upsky
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dean S S, Manager at Upsky Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
MitchAsia, we apologize for your less than extraordinary experience as our guest. We put forth our sincerest efforts to provide a 5 star experience for our guests and we apologize that you did not receive exactly that. This matter is something we would like to discuss with you in further. Please contact Dean at dsandbrook@Upskyli.com at your earliest convenience, thank you.
Kings Park, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to rent a room with my wife and three children , was going to stay for 2 days. It was 8:15pm on a sunday I go to the front desk and wait for 10 minutes no one was there. I went to the car to speak with my wife and discuss another hotel but we decided to stay. Went back in and there was 2 front desk workers. They checked in pretty quick. The hotel has multiple secured pass key enterencesces. The back one that we used was broken and could be accessed by anyone by just pulling it open .Went up to the room now this is supposed to be a smoke free facility but you could smell the smoke from the other guest rooms as well as our room when we entered. The room was dirty , smelled like cigarette smoke. The night stand had burn marks on it . The in room desk was falling apart, there was water damage on signs of mold on the wall and ceiling.The wall paper was falling off the wall. There was old room keys in the closet and garbage. We went to bed only to start to sneeze ,get stuffy nosed and really itchy. I thought it was only me but then my wife who was in the other bed with the baby started to complain. It was like the sheets and bed covering was not cleaned in a while. They say they have 30 channels on the TV but they only have basic cable channels 2-13 and one HBO 2 . We decided to leave at 11:00PM due to the cleanliness of the room. I went to the front desk to check out The woman looked up my info and said I was all set, she didn't even question why I was leaving only after 3 hours or anything.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dean S S, Front Office Manager at Upsky Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Ronald,
We are terribly sorry to hear about these inconveniences that you and your family endured. Normally, our rooms are very clean and our staff is much more attentive than what you have described. We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to ensure that these things will not happen again. We would like to discuss this further with you in hopes of resolving this right away. Please reach Dean at (631) 231-1100 to discuss your experience. We hope to hear from you.
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

hotel has been around for a long time but has gone through different names and owners
it was comfortable and quiet on an upper floor
room was larger than the average hotel room
bed was comfy and i slept well
will return

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dean S S, Front Office Manager at Upsky Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear soulsmith,
Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay with us and we certainly hope you will return soon. We appreciate your business and your kind recommendation.
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed here when there is a good rate on Priceline. There is never any reason to pay full price staying here- not worth it.
The lobby is grand and quite lovely. There are plenty of work stations and a printer to get work completed.
There are a couple of places to eat and the food is actually quite good. A Starbucks ran by the hotel only open in the morning.

Now, when entering your room is where you will notice the west and tear. The hallway carpet leading to the rooms is in need of replacement. The rooms need complete redecorating. The furniture and bed Is outdated and the carpet has a bad smell.
On top of this the hotel had the gall to charge an outrageous deposit of 60 dollars.

Do tell, what could anyone could possibly want from any of the rooms.
The bedding is comfy and plenty of pillows.
The front desk is a bag of nuts.. One day grey next day not so great.

All in all its a place to sleep. The star level is equal to that of a 2 star.. Not a 3 star..

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Natasha, Thank you for your honest feedback. We value our customers’ opinions and will consider your suggestions when determining what we can do to improve customer satisfaction in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay, however, and hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future!
Bristol, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The entry into the hotel is beautiful with wooden floors and lovely decor. The rooms upstairs need refurbishing. After going to several rooms, the rugs in every room need replacing and the hotel floors are antiquated. The hotel staff is more than accommodating and the bar is friendly and food is very good. Would just like to see the rooms redone and the carpeting replaced. Coffee is in room and Maria brought me a refrigerator so I could put my food in it. Applebees is across the street and the restaurant there had good food.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dean S S, Manager at Upsky Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear PADancergrrl,
Thanks for the review! We appreciate your honest feedback and we will take your suggestions into consideration. We love hearing from our guests about their experiences and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We are happy to accommodate you in any way possible and we hope that you will stay with us again someday. Safe travels!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I stayed at this property last year. Recently I called to get some missing information about my stay. Milaylia (please forgive the spelling) on Sunday 3/29/15, was off any scale in her helpfulness and patience on the phone with me. We had been disappointed in 2014 that the property seemed run down, and the staff was largely ambivalent. This brief interaction with Milaylia has made me reconsider bringing our conference back there in 2016.

Room Tip: upper floors, away from elevators are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest – We are so happy to hear that you are considering bringing your conference here, and we are very proud to know that Milaylia was so helpful. We will share your review with the rest of our staff so they can that a little patience will go a long way. If there is any other way in which we can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to call.

Been to Upsky Long Island Hotel? Share your experiences!