“Got kicked to another cheap hotel at 1.30 am without refund or so much as an apology” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Long Island

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

They asked me to go out at 1.30 am when I had a prepaid reservation to another insect infected hotel . They dint even have the courtesy to tell me ahead that they had done overbooking. Worst service ever.
I had to deal with all this after a cross country 6 hour flight from west coast. The manager "Karen" I spoke to dint so much as apologize after lying to me on phone just an hour earlier welcoming me to the hotel for check-in after I called the hotel when my flight landed.
To make things worse, I barely had any sleep at the cheap hotel they sent me to and pretty much ruined my trip when I had come there to attend my brothers graduation day.

A good planned family vacation turned to into the most inconvenient and annoying trip. I pretty much stayed at my brothers place for the rest of the trip

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed in this "hotel" for five long days. and I have to say 4 out of five days here were horrible! upon arrival the door attendant Danielle was wonderful a plus to this hotel! it was the front desk that was bothersome. I asked for a quiet room and was put right next to the stairs where not only do you hear the noise of the door slamming every two seconds but the people yelling in the stairwell also! I called numerous times to speak to a manager and each time was told that the manager was on break or was hung up on! what ticked me off the most was as I walked down to the front desk to talk about my issues the supervisor Michael was to distracted on his phone! felt as if I was talking to the wall. honestly what kind of supervisor looks at his phone while talking to a guest! overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any client.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at hotel for six nights in late April/early May to attend my son's wedding to a lovely girl from Merrick from the Wald family. There were six of us from Australia for that period and I know the hotel also catered for a larger number of the Wald's relatives and friends from all over the US. The 120-seated wedding reception held at adjacent high-class golf club; they also did a great job. Your staff like Kelly on Front Reception, Christian looking after drinks at a pre-wedding dinner and Maria attending our room on the 6th Floor are all definite assets to your hotel. It's a long way to go for a wedding (about 24 hours by plane and airport transfers from Sydney via Los Angeles and to JFK) but your hotel and staff created the right atmosphere for such a happy event.

Room Tip: Sixth floor or higher with room looking out over golf course and general countryside.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello Mike.

Yes...Long Island is certainly a long way from Australia! And I know you have some nice Hyatts in your country (I stayed at the Park Hyatt Sydney once). So thank you for the "Five Star" rating.

As I repeatedly say in my responses, we are fortunate to have some great associates. I appreciate you recognizing a few: Kelly, Christian and Maria.

We love Australians so please spread the word to anyone heading our way. Thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here I've been comming for about 7. Yrs I remember Terry. D'Amato she was great also I want to thank Celia very pleasant and a great help and Jessica. DANIELA. WAS A HEIP TO ME I LOST SOMETHING AND HELPED THE SITUATION I'M SUPPOSED TO BE LEAVING TODAY BUT I MIGHT WANT TO EXTEND. MY STAY THANK YOU EVERY ONE INCLUDING Kirk. Ur great at the breakfast buffet also Henry who.i just met was very nice ty for my stay

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Hello Theresa.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt and for writing such a nice review. I'm thrilled to see so many of our stars recognized...Celia, Jessica, Danielle, Kirk and Henrry. We are indeed fortunate to have such great associates who truly care about our hotel and our guests.

Please come back again and soon. We are grateful for your business!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

light out in bathroom, wall outlet in bathroom had poor circuit breaker and someone broke the ground lead off a plug and was still there. Housekeepers are in the rooms prior to guests arrival, don't they see these things? Or is it that they don't care. Why does a guest have to report problems on their arrival? Where is the supervision, things keep getting worse

Room Tip: Insist on a room that was inspected prior to your arrival
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Frank.

Thank you for your continued business and for your honest feedback. We have certainly had some engineering challenges lately but we have hired some new staff and have invested in the proper tools and training to get the job done!

Every business has a few hiccups, I'm sorry that you endured more than your fair share on your last visit. Please give us another chance; I'm confident you will see improvements.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I just checked in and was greeted by a very pleasant young woman named Danielle .
She was extremely helpful in getting my room and helping me with my luggage.

The room is very nice and clean. So far, we are off to a good start .

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Hi Dskota!

Thank you for the initial feedback and for recognizing Danielle. As you can see from so many posts, Danielle is definitely our biggest star. But she is one of many!

So I hope the rest of your stay was equally "Five Star". Thank you and hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The lady. Jessica. And her associate Celia was very pleasant during my stay. awesome stay!! Always a pleasure. Excellent service at the restaurant kirk was great! Hyatt Regency is the best hotel on long island

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Hi Theresa.

Wow...I love your post...thank you! I'm thrilled to hear that in your case we achieved our goal; to be the best hotel on Long Island.

Jessica, Celia and Kirk will receive HyFive coupons for being recognized. They can redeem these for a variety of prizes. So the "best staff ever" thanks you!

David

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!