“what kind of hotel is this?” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Orlando, Florida
“what kind of hotel is this?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed in this "hotel" for five long days. and I have to say 4 out of five days here were horrible! upon arrival the door attendant Danielle was wonderful a plus to this hotel! it was the front desk that was bothersome. I asked for a quiet room and was put right next to the stairs where not only do you hear the noise of the door slamming every two seconds but the people yelling in the stairwell also! I called numerous times to speak to a manager and each time was told that the manager was on break or was hung up on! what ticked me off the most was as I walked down to the front desk to talk about my issues the supervisor Michael was to distracted on his phone! felt as if I was talking to the wall. honestly what kind of supervisor looks at his phone while talking to a guest! overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any client.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at hotel for six nights in late April/early May to attend my son's wedding to a lovely girl from Merrick from the Wald family. There were six of us from Australia for that period and I know the hotel also catered for a larger number of the Wald's relatives and friends from all over the US. The 120-seated wedding reception held at adjacent high-class golf club; they also did a great job. Your staff like Kelly on Front Reception, Christian looking after drinks at a pre-wedding dinner and Maria attending our room on the 6th Floor are all definite assets to your hotel. It's a long way to go for a wedding (about 24 hours by plane and airport transfers from Sydney via Los Angeles and to JFK) but your hotel and staff created the right atmosphere for such a happy event.

Room Tip: Sixth floor or higher with room looking out over golf course and general countryside.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here I've been comming for about 7. Yrs I remember Terry. D'Amato she was great also I want to thank Celia very pleasant and a great help and Jessica. DANIELA. WAS A HEIP TO ME I LOST SOMETHING AND HELPED THE SITUATION I'M SUPPOSED TO BE LEAVING TODAY BUT I MIGHT WANT TO EXTEND. MY STAY THANK YOU EVERY ONE INCLUDING Kirk. Ur great at the breakfast buffet also Henry who.i just met was very nice ty for my stay

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

light out in bathroom, wall outlet in bathroom had poor circuit breaker and someone broke the ground lead off a plug and was still there. Housekeepers are in the rooms prior to guests arrival, don't they see these things? Or is it that they don't care. Why does a guest have to report problems on their arrival? Where is the supervision, things keep getting worse

Room Tip: Insist on a room that was inspected prior to your arrival
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I just checked in and was greeted by a very pleasant young woman named Danielle .
She was extremely helpful in getting my room and helping me with my luggage.

The room is very nice and clean. So far, we are off to a good start .

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The lady. Jessica. And her associate Celia was very pleasant during my stay. awesome stay!! Always a pleasure. Excellent service at the restaurant kirk was great! Hyatt Regency is the best hotel on long island

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Orangetown, NY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My stay was pleasant except the air conditioner when cycling off made two separate noises that at first I thought were neighboring rooms slamming closet doors. It wasn't. It was my room air conditioner. Extremely annoying and the noise woke me many times during the night.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!