“Alarming” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Long Island, United States
“Alarming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel overall was very nice - however the alarms that went off throughout the night left a lot to be desired. Whoever was in charge of resetting them, did not know how to properly do so. Other than that, the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Amanda.

Thank you for selecting the Hyatt for your stay and for posting a response. As I have mentioned on previous posts, the fire was real. The fire alarms and full evacuation at 2am were required and for guest safety. The alarms at 6am were caused by sprinkler malfunctions.

We definitely should have been better at communication and extending apologies and concessions. Something I have discussed repeatedly with my leadership team.

Please give us another chance. I'm confident on your next visit you will have a Five Star experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a wonderful visit. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Celia at the front desk made our stay very enjoyable and was always able to provide us with great suggestions for whatever we needed. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello "DCPratt".

Thank you for your Five Star review and for your business! I'm glad to hear that you will definitely stay with us again.

And I am thrilled that you recognized Celia, one of our new stars! We are fortunate to have so many great associates who really care and love what they do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt.
Massapequa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was beautiful and our rooms were nice and clean. We had a block of ten rooms and were scattered on different floors. 2AM alarms went off and we had to evacuate (fire in dumpster). Some of us never received compensation for abrupt interruption. 6AM alarms went off again. Scary

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Hello Ulrik.

Thank you for your posting. We obviously had a bad night last weekend. The fire was obviously no fault of the hotel. The alarms and evacuation were for our guest's safety. We are thankful that no one was hurt and the small, controlled fire caused very little damage.

But all fires and alarms are indeed scary and disturbing. We will continue to train our associates on the best way to handle emergencies and equally as important on how to treat our guests the following morning who are rightfully tired and frustrated.

Please give us another chance. This was the first fire we have had in a long time, so I'm confident that on your next visit you will have a tranquil and enjoyable stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Long Island several times, and the rooms are always clean and very comfortable, and the staff is very accommodating. However, on our most recent trip, we stayed in a corner room, overlooking the side entrance of the hotel. I was dismayed that two coach buses were allowed to idle outside of the side entrance for at least an hour starting around 6:30 a.m. (or maybe even earlier). Even though we were on one of the top floors, the noise from the buses was disruptive. This seems like a completely unnecessary situation, and I hope that the management of the hotel will change their policy about this in the future. Aside from that one drawback, this is by far the nicest hotel in this area of Long Island.

Room Tip: I'd steer clear of the corner rooms.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
SanFranDoc, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello ELJ59.

Thank you for your business and for calling us the best hotel in this part of Long Island. Our goal is to be the best in ALL of Long Island...so I'm glad to hear we are heading in the right direction.

I'm sorry to hear your sleep was disturbed by the buses. I agree, this is completely not acceptable and I have communicate this to our leadership team. They weren't our buses of course but we will make sure any of our client buses know not to idle for that long of a period. If they need to "idle" they can do so in the parking lot far from guest rooms.

Thank you again. I hope you will return to the Hyatt soon.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was there this past January, when Long Island got hit with a blizzard. My overall stay was good. The front desk was very helpful and attentive throughout my visit. Ismira made sure I had all the details regarding the storm, flight cancellations, and definitely went above and beyond!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
SanFranDoc, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Brad.

Thank you for visiting Long Island during a blizzard! We certainly had a difficult winter but I'm glad to hear Ismira rose to the occasion and provided you with world class Hyatt service. She is certainly a star and we are fortunate to have her on the team.

Please visit us again...but may I recommend the summer when you can golf, swim, play basketball, visit wineries and more!

Thank you again.
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice hotel.

I stay here frequently for business.

Michael Huber is always very helpful with a smile on his face.

The rooms are nice with good views.

The restaurant has pretty good food with the lobster roll being the best. The Philly cheesesteak is pretty good. Good selection of wine and beer. The Long Island IPA is very hoppy.

Room service is very cordial.

Arlene Reyes is always helpful in making business arrangements.

David Ryan should be commended on a well run hotel.

Stayed April 2015
Hi Lincoln.

Thank you for the kind words...I am very fortunate to work with some awesome associates, including those that you recognized...Michael and Arlene. But they are just two of so many!

If you like the food now, just wait until our new Executive Chef starts next week. I'm confident that the new summer menu will really wow our overnight guests and draw in the locals as well!

Our goal is to be the best hotel on Long Island. Our guests, especially repeat guests like you, deserve nothing less!

I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Long Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is not the first Hyatt that I've stayed at but it is the first one with a surprise breakfast that cost us over $25 a person... Especially when everything was self serve except for the bill which included gratuity and then a space for optional additional gratuity. Overall, very clean please but please change this to a complementary breakfast like your other Hyatt locations in the USA.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Matt.

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt and for your feedback. Breakfast is only included if it is negotiated as part of your corporate rate. In your case, I see that you booked a rate through a travel agency that did not include breakfast.

I have asked our Business Travel Sales Manager to contact your company representative and the travel agent to see if we should change the rate moving forward to be breakfast included.

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!