“Incredible Front Desk Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
New York City, New York
“Incredible Front Desk Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Walking into a hotel week after week can be demoralizing as you are away from home, those you love and all that is familiar. It is then that people make the difference. Danielle, who works the front desk at the Hyatt, makes it her mission to provide a connection to her guests ensuring that a hotel stay is more like coming home.

Room Tip: Allergy free rooms
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Fil A!

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt and for recognizing our "Incredible Front Desk Staff"! I agree with you 100%. We are very fortunate to have great associates and leaders in that department and throughout the hotel.

For mentioning Danielle by name, she will receive HyFive coupons which she can redeem for a variety of prizes.

We hope to see you again soon at the Hyatt Regency Long Island!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel many times. It seems like every time I am there, something is being updated to keep it fresh. This time I was pleasantly surprised by the major upgrades. The new rooms are beautiful and the beds are very comfortable! What will keep me coming back though is the customer service. My brother and I were in town for a funeral. Danielle behind the front desk not only expressed her condolences but surprised us with a fruit platter, sparkling water, and a handwritten card indicating she hoped it brought us a little sunshine. To make matters even better, upon our checkout, she gave us each a hug and complimentary breakfast in the hotel dining room. Funerals are never fun but Danielle and the rest of the hotel made it a pleasurable experience. The entire staff was great! Danielle was stellar! We didn't just get a few rays of sunshine. They provided the whole sun.

Room Tip: The staff was very accommodating to helping room choice. Leave it to them.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hello "Steno Man"!

Thank you for selecting the Hyatt for your recent visit to Long Island.

My condolences as well for your recent loss. But I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, were impressed with our ongoing improvements and that Danielle was able to provide some "sunshine" or as you say "the whole sun". She is certainly one of our best associates, going above and beyond for our guests. But she is one of so many, here to make the Hyatt the best hotel on Long Island!

Florida is a long way from Long Island but I hope you will visit us again soon.

Thank you again.
Clewiston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

There are good hotels and then they are great hotels. I must say that this hotel is impressive and my favorite due to the following reasons: excellent customer service, cleaniness, and positive atomosphere. If you want great customer service, please go to this hotel! There is one employee by the name of Danielle who made me and my husband feel welcomed and special. Typically, you don't find this level of service easily in hotels. Excellency is executed daily at this hotel! As a result, I want to spend my money here :-) Recently, I visited this hotel and I didn't want to leave because of the awesome service and friendliness displayed from employees naturally and genuinely :-)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello KTScruggs!

Wow, what a great review. Thank you!

As a General Manager there is nothing I like to hear more than compliments about our customer service. It really is what separates a good hotel from what you call...a "superb" hotel.

All of our associates work so hard and really care for our guests. But Danielle is certainly a star.

Please do come back and experience our new summer menu (coming soon) and some of our other stars in housekeeping, the restaurant, engineering and many other departments.

At the Hyatt...you are MORE than welcome!
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here while in town for a family funeral. Jessica at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful during check-in. We checked-in late & went right to join family in the lounge for dinner. The chef (Matt?) knew our circumstances & gave us a beautiful complimentary dessert plate at the end of our meal that said, "sorry for your loss." I felt that went above & beyond and commend the management for hiring such a wonderful & thoughtful staff. While we weren't at the hotel for too long, the rooms were lovely, clean, and spacious. We would definitely recommend this property to others.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hi "salerep".

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt during you recent to Long Island for a funeral. My condolences as well to you and your family.

But I'm glad to hear that Jessica, Matt and others made your stay with us an enjoyable experience. They are two of our many stars and since they were mentioned by name, they will receive HyFive coupons that can be redeemed for a variety of prizes.

I wish I could take credit for hiring the two of them...but they have been here awhile. We are fortunate to not only attract but retain really good people. So please come back and ask for them again, plus get to know some of our other star associates.

Thank you again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Hope this is the right place to post this. Came here a few weeks ago for an event. While waiting for the event to be over I went over to a bar/restaurant/lounger on the first level of the hotel to the left of "checking in".
For what I had it was pretty good.
I had some really good calamari that really was top 3 that I have had. It was crispy and not oily. We also had a really good pizza. It was little bites but good enough for us. Not bad Hyatt! Will post some pictures.
PS. Never hurt my wallet either!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello "sevensevenseven".

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt and for enjoying our restaurant, Nu! I'm glad you enjoyed the calamari, pizza and the overall experience.

I hope to see you again in the restaurant (summer menu is going to be fantastic) and the hotel!

David
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here on business for three days. It was a great stay from start to finish. Now first of all it's not near much except a golf course but that's ok because its peaceful. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make me feel at home, I ate lunch and dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. It's clean and up to date as well, everything you look for in a quality hotel. If you are going to Long Island this is the place to stay! Oh and try the BBQ pork tacos they are the best!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello "hothead"!

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt for your recent visit to the area and for your positive review. I love hearing compliments about our team, they really are the stars!

I moved here from Dallas in October...so to hear a fellow Texan compliment the tacos is great!

Please come back and visit us again! You are more than welcome!

David
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Odd location in middle of no where. Time for this Hyatt to bite the bullet and put flat screen televisions in guest rooms.

Hotel staff very courteous and helpful. But this size hotel should have more than one restaurant, or at the very least partner with an upscale chain and put it on property.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Holden.

Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like our location. Many of our guests like that we are centrally located on Long Island, adjacent to a golf course and just minutes away from McArthur Airport, the beaches, business parks and more.

As for flat screens, all of our rooms and suites have large flat screen TVs. So that comment confuses me. And we do have two restaurants (Nu and Terrace) but we are currently operating breakfast in Terrace and lunch & dinner in Nu. That may expand as we get busier in the summer.

I hope you will try us again, especially in the summer when there is so much more to do on Long Island!

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!