“4th time stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Smithtown, New York
“4th time stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here Christmas 2013 and again 2014 check in was perfect staff the best. Came back later at night and went into the bar area for a night cap had the best time with guests and the staff in that area. Rose the bartender was super friendly and JD who we met last year was again so personal and accommodating. All in all the hotel room, service and all around experience was 5 Star.
Well done to all......

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tugby, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Friendly and very helpful service from Danielle and Jessica on the front desk made things just that little bit easier. I arrived from London tired and unsure of the local surroundings and facilities on offer. They both gave me the impression that no request fro assistance was too trivial.

Thank you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Andrew.

Thank you for your business and for recognizing two of our stars...Danielle and Jessica.

We are fortunate to have great associates at the Hyatt and for recognizing them online, they will each receive a gift card.

I realize London is a long way from Long Island, but I hope you will visit again soon.

Happy Holidays and thank you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While planning a rehearsal dinner here we must of delt with 6 different employees that were "in charge" of the dinner. Making it impossible to try and organzie the evening by phone. Since we already had about 60 rooms blocked by guest for the wedding we decided to stay with the location for convience. What a mistake that was! To start I rented the dinning space from 6pmto 10pm. I was running late from the rehersal at the church and was told I would now have to pay an extra fee because the food was not supposed to stay out after 7pm (what). Who puts food out as soon as the event is about to begin anyway and then charges more to keep out what was already paid for. Then I was told gratuity was not included so I tipped accoringly, and then was billed another 23% any way. My cc was charged without my final consent or presentation of a final invoice. Also the quote that had been agreed upon did not match up at all. Then my deposit of $500 that was to be applied to overall cost was now, "the fee to just reserve the room, and would not be applied as credit towards final cost of event. " Several of our guests arrived to rooms without towels and unpaid beds. My room was cleared out while I was at breakfast. Champaign and wine had to be pulled from the trash and the door was left wide open leaving my personal belongings about the room for anyone to take. Thankfully jewelry had already been packed and we had our wallets with us. The Hyatt has a nice layout but it will emploid with the staff they have running it!!!!!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hello Randy.

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt and for taking time to provide detailed feedback. We strive to provide world class service...but in your case we clearly fell short. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I arrived in late October to be the new General Manager at the hotel. We have fantastic associates but like any business we have room for improvement. Your feedback gives me the details I need to coach the various managers involved. I have already made some changes to "who does what" and installed checks to ensure things don't fall through the cracks.

So I hope you will give the Hyatt another chance. I'm determined to elevate the service experience here for all of our guests, and to make this Hyatt one of the best in the country!

Thank you again and happy holidays.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we planned an indian wedding there and had a great time...thanks to the management we had a great indian wedding.very accomadating and friendly staff.special mention to Doris and Melissa who helped us in making the event a grand succes.

• Stayed November 2014
David R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello khushboo!

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt as the venue for your wedding. We love being a small part in your very big day. And we appreciate your kind words about our service and facilities.

I'm particularly glad to see you recognize Doris and Melissa. They are two of our superstars. I will be sure to thank them personally on your behalf.

Please come visit us again. I know Long Island is far from Mumbai, but we believe our facilities, service and amenities are worth the trip! Thank you again.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a reasonably nice property with respect to the rooms and public areas, which are pretty typical for a Hyatt. Unfortunately they don't seem to care much about the other basics of service.

As an example, I was only here overnight but the coffee provided in the room was undrinkable -- they should not bother if the quality is going to be so bad, even for an in-room system. And I needed to use the business center but the printer was broken. A sign said the front desk could print documents, but nobody there had any way to receive the documents by email -- only the manager has email access, and he wasn't there. I left without printing my document. This is very basic service at a modern business hotel; it seems absurd that front desk employees have no access to email and that there is no way to print a short document.

Overall I would return but only if I got a very good rate.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Hello Mike.

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. We strive to provide the best Hyatt experience, but in your case, we obviously fell short.

I agree 100% about the coffee! So we have ordered new coffee brewers and will be offering Starbucks coffee in our rooms and suites within a matter of weeks.

And I agree about having more of our Guest Service Agents having emails. So we will make that change as well. Of course, the more disturbing comment was about the Business Center. We have fixed the printer and will be more diligent and ensuring everything in their is working properly.

I hope you will give us another chance! If you do, be sure to reach out to me so I can personally ensure you have a great stay. Thank you again.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms itself and property are gorgeous and inviting. No problems there. The biggest problem I have is the ability to hear everything outside my room, including slamming doors (which were constant) and kept waking me from sleep. Also you could hear people running down the hallways.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Ashley.

Thank you for visiting Long Island all the way from South Carolina and selecting the Hyatt. I was disappointed to hear you did not have a great stay due to noise up and down the hallway.

During your stay we did have a large youth sports event in the hotel. Your feedback has convinced me that we need to do a better job working with the organizers in providing the young adults with evening activities. And ask them to help us in monitoring the noise levels on the floors more closely.

I'm sorry that this affected what seems like an otherwise enjoyable stay. Please give us another chance. We would love to see you again and this time, be sure to reach out to me, and I will put you in a very quiet room on one of the top floors!

Thank you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on November 21st. When we arrived, we were told that we had not yet paid for our room. We were surprised because the receipt that we received via email indicated a charge. But, we later found out it was only for a reservation. Through no fault of the hotel staff, we had some technical difficulties verifying the credit card to pay for our room. The first woman we worked with, Kelly, spoke to us in a very loud and harsh manner. She may not have been aware of the fact that we perceived her loud tone as shaming. But at one point, when she had sensitive information for us, she chose to yell across the lobby rather than indicating that we could approach the desk. Luckily, she passed us onto Jessica who handled us with care and sensitivity. She was friendly, warm and kind. She made better a situation that was on the verge of deteriorating. Another front desk attendant, Sasha, was also very kind and helpful throughout the evening. Although the situation took time to resolve, Sasha and Jessica's customer service skills saved the day. The room was clean and comfortable. Our other experiences with hotel staff in the restaurants were positive. Sasha and Jessica's customer service, however, were outstanding. The customer service rating of a 3 instead of a 5 is because of Kelly's bizarre style of service.

• Stayed November 2014
Hello worldlygirl!

Thank you for your recent stay and for your posting on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with the exception of one experience. But, of course, we want you to rave about everything and everyone, so I was disappointed to see the 4 star rating.

Kelly is typically one of our strongest and most liked Guest Service agents. In fact, I can't recall a single negative comment about her from a guest. When asked, she did not recall the incident you mention. I'm going to chalk it up as her perhaps just having a bad moment.

I agree with you about Sasha and Jessica, they are fantastic and two of our very best. But I also think Kelly is fantastic. So I hope you will return to see for yourself. I believe everyone and every hotel deserves a second chance!

Thank you again.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!