“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Comfortable hotel for a week's business meeting. Free airport shuttle, but make sure to reserve way in advance. You will need a car to go anywhere. Popular hotel for weddings, and screaming guests running down the hallways at 4 a.m. not something management can control, but happened both weekends I was there. Only down side was obnoxious waiter in lobby restaurant who addresses women with grey hair as "girls" and when informed it is inappropriate as he would never say boys to men with gray hair, cops an attitude and disappears. Maybe it is NY thing? Instant hot water in the bathrooms and great shower.

Room Tip: Don't stay on a floor where wedding guests are staying
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed one night in October. The hotel was a very good representation of the Hyatt chain . check in was efficiently handled by Michael
The room was a generous size , the beds and pillows oh so comfortable the bathroom was well appointed ,my only gripe was a noisy air con unit which sounded like it was about to fall out of the wall when starting and stopping . Other than that the hotel itself was very quiet
The lobby has numerous comfy sofas in the reception area and complimentary wifi is provided which is a nice touch
It's not the cheapest hotel but I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for accommodation on Long Island
There are several restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel if you feel like a change from the hotel restaurants

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I have family on Long Island and visit often. We always stay at this Hyatt. The staff are always friendly and the location is great! My husband loves golfing there and the restaurant has great food. Kelly and Mikhail are always a friendly face to us and always have good suggestions on things to do and places to visit. This hotel is clean, professional and worth staying at!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Avolk1-

What a lovely and kind review you have left about our Hotel and staff. It is our biggest compliment that you always stay with us, and enjoy the helpful and friendly service provided by Kelly and Mikhail. We work to provide the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the industry, and we are so pleased to know that you find us to be professional and worth staying at.

We look forward to the next time you stay with us!

Edison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a lovely hotel! The views you have are fantastic, the hotel itself is beautiful and the staff is more than willing to help with everything. Mikhail at the front desk made my check in effortless and actually enjoyable. He went above and beyond to make sure that I had every amenity I needed upon check in and even told me to call him personally if I needed anything. The room service even went the extra mile to check the dressing for my salad to ensure it was gluten free. The only downside to my stay was that they listed grapes as an main ingredient for a dish and instead provided tomatoes and the shower drain was hopelessly clogged. It's location is close to many restaurants and shopping stores as well. (within 15 minutes). AND they provide free wifi for the first night stay! Overall, this hotel and its friendly staff was fantastic and I would definitely stay here again!

Samantha M-

It is wonderful to see you had such a fantastic experience while visiting with us! We are so glad that you really enjoyed the service you received from our staff, and we will certainly recognize Mikhail for all of his efforts to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Our team is dedicated to providing an amazing experience, and it seems as though we have done just that. Thank you for sharing your issues with the shower drain, and the engineering team will certainly look into making sure each of our showers are functioning appropriately. We are certainly very ideally located, being so close to many different types of restaurants and stores. One of the great features of our hotel is being so close to the main routes of transportation as well (expressway, train station, airport and etc), yet being tucked away in a serene location.

We hope to have you back again in the near future!

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ok, no problems when I checked in, the bed was comfy, the shower was great, all around a nice hotel room and a great location. Oh, and the breakfast buffet was fantastic with an omelette station (hence four and not three stars).

My issue with this hotel though is the staff. When my fiancee and I got to our room we had a few hours before we had to go out for the night so we decided to get our computers out and do some work... we have no idea what the password to get onto the net was though (don't bother with your last name and room number like it asks because that does not work), so I call the front desk with the hotel room... and waited and waited for someone to pick up. After ten minutes, I hang up and try again. After another ten minutes of waiting for someone to pick up I let it ring, but call using my cell phone also.... surprise surprise it was picked up right away. Ironic moment, their password is about how "great" their service is.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Croix B-

Thank you for leaving us with this review and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the overall Hotel and its convenient location. I apologize that you experienced difficulties when trying to reach the front desk from your room phone. This is not typical and we will certainly look into it. We care for each of our Guests, and providing fast, efficient and quality service is our priority. I hope you stay with us again in the future, as I know we can give you the excellent service you deserve.

Hauppauge, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is terrible. From check-in to check-out, they are horrible. There is absolutely no help with luggage, and they keep the luggage carts locked in a closet, so you can't get to them.

The most serious problem, though, is the perverts on the housekeeping staff. I made it clear to them, on many occasions, that they were NOT to go in my room until I checked out. They came in anyway. They came in, even though I had the privacy hanger on the door. They went through my belongings, and apparently watched TV while I was gone during the day. They did this to others in my group, not just me.

Tonight, when I went out to dinner, at 5pm, they removed the Privacy hanger from my door, and went in my room. They vacuumed a little, cleaned the tub, and made the bed. They moved my personal belongings around. In order to make the bed, they had to move my underwear. They also unzipped my packed luggage and rifled through my underwear.

I feel totally violated. I do not want strangers going through my belongings. I do not want strangers touching my underwear and my pillow (that I bring from home.) I usually leave a big tip when I depart hotels where I stay on business trips, because I stay for 10 to 14 days. Not here.

This hotel also has severe problems with their reservations system. Two days before I was scheduled to check out, they called me and told me - VERY RUDELY - that I had to move out of my room right now, as they had the room booked for other people. This, despite the email confirmations that I had from them, and despite their personal confirmation when I checked in. Dozens of people in our group had problems with their reservations.

The staff are very, very rude, and do everything they can to be as un-helpful as possible. I do not have one single good thing to say about this hotel and its staff. Every single aspect of my stay here was negatively impacted by the hotel staff.

Do not stay here ! You are not safe here, your belongings are not safe, and your stay will be miserable.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
7Rachel64-

I wanted to respond to some of the items you mention in your review.

I assure you, our employees are very professional and respectful of our Guests and their belongings. While you were staying with us, our team was not made aware of any such incidents occurring, or we certainly would have looked into them for you immediately. We want each of our Guests to feel safe and comfortable while staying with us.

I also wanted to let you know that I did look into the concern you mentioned about your reservation. It appears you had made two separate reservations, which is why the Front Desk contacted you. The Front Desk was inquiring because your first reservation had ended, and the Hotel was sold out. However, I am glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and extend your reservation until the following night, which is the night of the second reservation that you confirmed.

Our staff is dedicated to providing excellent service. We do not condone any rude behavior from our team, and we would never want any of our Guests feel as though they were treated poorly. Our management team reached out to you to further discuss your concerns, and we did advise you we would look further into the items you mentioned.

Regards.
Ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here because the options are slim on Long Island.
Thought I would treat my girlfriend to a four star hotel for a night on her birthday. Was very quiet. Nice place to relax, nice view out room. Comfortable amenities

Well, what a costly mistake it all turned out to be.

Upon check in, took five minutes to even be acknowledged, was given the same dismissive hand gesture about where to get coffee from the front desk woman, like a previous reviewer! Nice start we thought.
Surprised to see three black nasty hairs on the bathroom floor, minimally cleaned obviously. Gross!
But here is where the real problems begin... I thought we would get some room service, a nice dessert tray, food was good, had to hold the door open for the server, which was a little odd. Dessert was good, but when I checked out the next morning, my bill was for $128 instead of the $26 I signed for.
Upon check out, the rude front desk woman, said she couldn't explain it, and I need to call accounting!!!!!
What?
So I call later that day, front desk man takes forever while I'm on hold, then says someone will call me to sort it out
Days later, nothing
Call the accounting office, she says she will look into it and call me
Nothing for two days
I'm not a wealthy man, so $102 is a lot to tie up for a week and a half!!!!!
Left several voicemails with general manager Jeff Rostek, nothing
Finally decided to keep calling managers line, got his underling Erica, who was extremely rude and unapologetic, told me they would put the refund through, and had no explanation at all
Erica said I was getting free dessert , and that was all!!?????
Shocking, thought they could at least attempt to make it up to me, or at the very least, an apology
I guess this is what we call " Long Island hospitality" folks
Don't bother with this place, poorly trained staff, that are indifferent.
Hope to hear something from you Jeff....

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hotelyem-

Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while visiting with us. I deeply apologize for the mistake regarding your bill, and that you felt it was not handled timely. We will retrain the team on proper procedures for when such situations occur. We do strive to provide efficient and friendly service, and to take care of each of our Guests needs. While I am disappointed that you left feeling your stay was not positive, I know that if you give us another chance down the line, we can give you the great experience and quality service that you deserve.

Warm Regards,
Jeff R.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!