I was on a work assignment and stayed here from 11th to 19th Sep for 8 nights, thats a long time to observe and form an opinion. The location is beautiful, its adjacent to a golf course and the surroundings beautiful, very convenient because it was very close to my work office.
The rooms were large and beautiful, its a good property but not maintained very clean and in spite of a couple of soft complaints neither the front desk nor the housekeeping took any measures. The Staff Just Does Not Care.
Amenities provided in the room are also not adequate.
Front Desk always appears very busy and treats you indifferently probably based on the color of your skin.
We had dinner in their restaurant almost every other night and Ken from the staff was very friendly but absent. The menu is very limited and the service very slow, we had to remind them about our order several times. During the first few days of my stay they had a Antique Car meet going on and later part of the stay they had some family weddings and large gatherings so the restaurant was way too noisy and the restaurant staff was not able to manage the tables well.
Back in my country I am a Hyatt Gold member and have always received very good service from any of the hotels here, maybe the staff at this hotel should learn from them. I also stayed at the Hampton Inn hotel Long Island for a few days prior to checking into Hyatt and had a much better overall experience there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the secret to blending relaxation with endless attractions – discover Hyatt Regency Long Island. Stylishly casual, elegantly inviting, this Long Island New York hotel is a resort-like retreat in the heart of the action. No other Long Island hotel offers so much in such a convenient spot. From our secluded setting just off the LIE, you can tour area wineries, kick back on Jones Beach or Fire Island, gaze at incredible homes in the Hamptons or spend the day in NYC. Within our grounds, you'll find 160 acres filled with championship golf, pools, gorgeous views, irresistible dining, extensive event venues, and luxurious guestrooms with pampering amenities. Uncover this hidden escape at the most unique of hotels in Long Island, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Long Island
- Hyatt Windwatch