“An unpleasant surprise” 2 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
“An unpleasant surprise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I was on a work assignment and stayed here from 11th to 19th Sep for 8 nights, thats a long time to observe and form an opinion. The location is beautiful, its adjacent to a golf course and the surroundings beautiful, very convenient because it was very close to my work office.
The rooms were large and beautiful, its a good property but not maintained very clean and in spite of a couple of soft complaints neither the front desk nor the housekeeping took any measures. The Staff Just Does Not Care.
Amenities provided in the room are also not adequate.
Front Desk always appears very busy and treats you indifferently probably based on the color of your skin.
We had dinner in their restaurant almost every other night and Ken from the staff was very friendly but absent. The menu is very limited and the service very slow, we had to remind them about our order several times. During the first few days of my stay they had a Antique Car meet going on and later part of the stay they had some family weddings and large gatherings so the restaurant was way too noisy and the restaurant staff was not able to manage the tables well.
Back in my country I am a Hyatt Gold member and have always received very good service from any of the hotels here, maybe the staff at this hotel should learn from them. I also stayed at the Hampton Inn hotel Long Island for a few days prior to checking into Hyatt and had a much better overall experience there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Keswick, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Yes it's nice. It's next to a golf course but I don't play so out of luck. Front desk is always busy so when you show up to check in your waiting awhile. Ok so the price is big you get very little. It's a clean rooms it. Don't call if you forget something in your room they don't have the time to bother calling back or checking my fault. The bar/ reatraunt has good food if and when you can get service I would have thought with so many server I wouldn't need to ask multiple times for a glass of water or wine. Location for anything other than golf is not ideal. If your on the 3rd floor you'll hear the music they play outside all night. For a nice hotel they need better air units the make a loud noise when it turns off and on and I was unable to keep my room cool. So yes it's a nice hotel but I think I'll try another hotel near by.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Long Island Hyatt was our (my fiancé and mine) first stay as a Hyatt Diamond Member. We made the switch from the Marriott Gold program to the Hyatt Diamond program – currently doing the Diamond Challenge. And I hope this review proves why we are beyond words thankful we made the transition from where we were to where we are now.

Prior to our arrival I had communicated with the hotel’s GM, Jeff, by email. I had found his email on here because he does an amazing job of staying in touch with his guests who posts reviews through social media. I had let him know of my nervousness of making the transition as well as the importance of this stay – we were flying in for a short weekend trip to see two friends who we care about dearly. I let him know that I could care less about what happened to us with our stay – I simply wanted their time when they stayed at the hotel with us to be perfect. They hadn’t even planned to stay the night with us, though they did crash over the second night due to being unsafe to drive thanks to the courtesy bottle of wine we received from Jeff (along with a welcome card which is now on our refrigerator).

The hotel didn’t offer a Regency Club, but as promised, we were delivered breakfast each morning of our stay that was delicious and all extra requests were honored – for example, my fiancé and I had requested both strawberry and grape jam for our toast as I was allergic to strawberries, and everything was honored. I loved having breakfast in bed (which I can admit were some of the most comfortable beds in the world - I need those sheets and blankets - especially as a Florida resident - they are PERFECT)!

We were decently close to the Long Island Train Station that took us to Manhattan – my first time on a train! The hotel was also convenient to local stores and businesses (we found an excellent sushi restaurant just ten minutes away) and it was all with the help of amazingly fast wi-fi that the hotel offered. Everything was just convenient and perfect.

I can only say thank you to Jeff for all of his hard work in organizing and taking care of a hotel that may not be in Times Square, but has the quality and hard-work from all of their staff members to prove that you do not have to be in Times Square to receive presidential-like stays. I’d honestly prefer to stay here and just take the train into the city for my future visits (which should be coming up around the Holiday times) because of how we were treated. On a bonus note – when I checked out, I do not remember the agent’s name – a younger gentlemen, blonde hair, was nothing short of amazing making sure I had a copy of my bill and understood everything completely. You, too, as with all the staff, were a shining star!

To Jeff, personally: thank you for a wonderful stay and thank you for fixing the very small knicks that I had communicated with you about. You are a wonderful general manager and you help the Hyatt industry shine. You proved to me in two and a half days that even though I had stayed at all Marriott’s since I was 17 (so a decade now), this one stay alone proved to me that there is much better out there. And I have found it.

I can’t wait to see you around the holidays! Smile big and know you’re doing an excellent job. 
To all future guests: you’ll love your stay – I assure you. And if there is anything that goes wrong or to your dislike, they will take care of you, regardless of status – just give a call to the front desk or stop by up front. No hotel can ever be perfect, but they can attempt to make imperfections – perfections, and the Hyatt Regency Long Island does just that!
Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Sabrina (and Ryan, as well as our friends who hung out with us in our room)!

Room Tip: Request a room in a quieter area of the hotel. Regardless of status, see if they have any open super...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, yesterday
Sabrina, Ryan & Friends-

What a wonderful review you have left about your most recent visit. I am truly touched and appreciate all of your kind words. I will be sure to share your warm review with the team as well. I am so glad that you contacted me, your happiness and comfort are our main priority and we will do anything to make sure you have a great experience.

We value all of the feedback you have left for us, and it is our biggest compliment. I am so thrilled you will be back again for the Holidays and that your stay felt Presidential. Providing this level of service is everything we strive for at this property.

We look forward to your next visit and once again, thank you so much for your kind words.

Warmly,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you are the type of traveler that likes to see as much of an area as possible during your stay, this centrally located hotel is a great spot to call home for a few days. We spent four nights here and took driving day trips to the North Fork,South Fork, and Fire Island. There was plenty of time to take breaks along the way. The grounds, accommodations, and amenities are all to expectations at this quiet resort setting. We had an excellent view of the golf course behind the hotel and the room was extremely comfortable with expected Hyatt touches. We like to explore the local area and dine away from the hotel so can't speak to the food except for the buffet breakfast (which gets a solid "thumbs up"). Item above expectations >> the shower water pressure was off the charts excellent in our room (a ten out of ten). I'm sure it won't be after this review is read. Almost felt guilty luxuriating in the "fire hose". Item below expectations > Front desk help was a little choppy. Some associates were excellent and others were average to below average. I've never been to this area before and when I asked about the wineries the person I spoke with acted as if I should already know all about them. It was a less than smooth conversation, more surprising in the front desk attitude than anything really annoying. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

K3988NKgarys-

Thank you so much for leaving such positive feedback for us. I am so happy that the location was ideal for you - we are in a very central area so making day trips east or west is quite convenient. There is so much to see and do on Long Island and many of our Guests agree that we are close to a lot of entertainment, routes of transportation, and restaurants while still being tucked away in a quiet location. It is also great that you enjoyed the water pressure in the shower - many of our Guests always tell us its wonderful.

I will certainly share your comments about the Front Desk with the team, and I appreciate you mentioning these items in your review. It is our culture here at the Hyatt to be friendly, efficient and helpful to each of our Guests – and we want all of our Guests to know how important they are to us, and how much we appreciate them. We are here to give you a great experience!

I hope the next time you visit Long Island you stay with us again.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here this weekend for a wedding. The staff was very attentive and the location was great. It was quiet yet close to things you need when traveling. The workout facility was better than most.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
DJF1958-

Thank you for leaving us with such positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Long Island.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our quiet and ideal location enriched your stay. Our team is very dedicated to each of our Guests, and I am pleased that they were attentive to all of your needs. I will certainly share your kind feedback with them.

It is fantastic that you were able to utilize the fitness center as well - it is really a great place to work out and all of the equipment is new! Hopefully you were able to check out some of the other amenities as well, such as the pool, hot tub, golf course, and etc.

We hope you visit us again the next time you are in town!

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I live in Florida and recently made a trip up to New York to attend the wedding of a dear friend. We booked the Hyatt Regency Hauppauge. From the very moment we arrived in the luxurious lobby, the front desk person couldn't have been more helpful. He was cheerful and accommodating and his manner was extremely professional. We went up to our room and it perfect. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in - the bedding was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was shining. The staff at the delicious buffet breakfast couldn't have been nicer. We enjoyed eating out on the patio and Melissa was the best waitress. From the moment we arrived until checkout..the staff, the cleanliness and the accommodations were 5 star. We would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: I would advise the higher floors and we were facing the back of the hotel...the scenery was so pleas...
Jblack459-

Wow, what a fantastic review! Thank you so much for your kind words, and I will certainly share them with the team. Our staff is truely dedicated to providing exceptional service to each of our Guests, and I know they will be so thrilled to hear about how they impacted your stay. It is our biggest compliment that you would stay with us again and we will look forward to it!

Ellington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I attended an antique car meet and the host hotel was this Hyatt. The hotel is in a wonderful location and the accommodations were fine. The staff was efficient and professional The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy for the 2 of us. Because this was a gathering of almost 200, we had dinners in their ballroom. The food was terrible. Small portions, the food was lukewarm to cold, and tasteless. The chicken parmesan was one of worst I have ever had; salad was salty, one spoonful of pasta and a small, rubbery piece of chicken. For a large group, there was an insufficient number of wait staff. We had a difficult time even getting a refill on water. The event planners put so much time and effort into this meet that it is shameful that the Hyatt did not come through for them. I would recommend staying here but dine elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Lifesgood83-

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the hotel to be ideally located and you enjoyed the accommodations we offer. I am disappointed to see you did not have a positive experience in regards to the food. We only wish to provide a high quality of food and service, and would never want you to leave feeling that you received subpar service. I will be going over your concerns with the Management Team, and I know that if you give us another chance in the future, we could give you the excellent dining experience you deserve.

Warm Regards.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!