“best hotel on long island” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
The Villages, Florida
“best hotel on long island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I live in Florida and recently made a trip up to New York to attend the wedding of a dear friend. We booked the Hyatt Regency Hauppauge. From the very moment we arrived in the luxurious lobby, the front desk person couldn't have been more helpful. He was cheerful and accommodating and his manner was extremely professional. We went up to our room and it perfect. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in - the bedding was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was shining. The staff at the delicious buffet breakfast couldn't have been nicer. We enjoyed eating out on the patio and Melissa was the best waitress. From the moment we arrived until checkout..the staff, the cleanliness and the accommodations were 5 star. We would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: I would advise the higher floors and we were facing the back of the hotel...the scenery was so pleas...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ellington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I attended an antique car meet and the host hotel was this Hyatt. The hotel is in a wonderful location and the accommodations were fine. The staff was efficient and professional The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy for the 2 of us. Because this was a gathering of almost 200, we had dinners in their ballroom. The food was terrible. Small portions, the food was lukewarm to cold, and tasteless. The chicken parmesan was one of worst I have ever had; salad was salty, one spoonful of pasta and a small, rubbery piece of chicken. For a large group, there was an insufficient number of wait staff. We had a difficult time even getting a refill on water. The event planners put so much time and effort into this meet that it is shameful that the Hyatt did not come through for them. I would recommend staying here but dine elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

As a frequent guest and passport card member of Hyatt I've stayed at this specific property on a number of occasions during business trips. This stay was for pleasure with approximately 180 guests in a convention setting. My comments are of my experiences, and any comments of the other guests are specifically noted as such.

Our hotel room was clean and well maintained during our stay. They were quite late on Sunday night, after 5pm, and we felt compelled to call to ensure it would be taken care of. Seemed odd that a guest staying overnight would get their room cleaned only after those that have checked out...

My biggest criticism was with the wait staff management. During a plated dinner the wait staff repeatedly directed the wait staff to bus tables before people at each table were fully served. Case in point. My table had 12 guests. 10 were served and the final 2 were made to wait untill all others at the ajoining tables had been served.

Furthermore, when the desert was served, coffee eventually arrived but the table hadn't been previously setup with cream or sugar ahead of time. Again, the wait staff had been told to bus the tables prior to everyone being served cream and sugar.

There also appeared to be an excess of management walking around while there was a very apparent lack of wait staff.

For a hotel professing the capablability of serving a very large number of people at once, this group of around 200 had them running around like key-stone-cops.

If your planning a large function my only recommendation is to get everything, including every detail, on the contract before signing.

• Stayed September 2014
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 5 days ago
KC-

Thank you for leaving us with such a candid review. I am pleased you are a frequent Guest to our property, and take your comments and concerns very seriously. I will discuss the items mentioned in regards to your plated dinner with the Management team. Providing quick, efficient and timely service is our goal, and I never want you to leave feeling otherwise.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and found it to be well maintained throughout your stay. I will certainly share your comments with the Housekeeping team.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again down the line, as I know we can give you an amazing experience.

Saint Julian's, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From the drive into the hotel as well as the facade and hotel grounds, we immediately got the impression that the hotel was well groomed. Reception checkin staff were very helpful and offered good suggestions to our destination and restaurant enquiries. Our quad room was a quite corner room on the top floor with great views. Will consider staying here again.

Stayed September 2014
Feli_642014-

It is lovely to see that the team and our beautiful property impressed you on your first visit with us! It is our goal to provide you with exceptional service, and it seems we have done just that. The team works very hard to provide a well maintained, beautiful and clean property for all of our Guests, and it is our pleasure to assist you with suggestions, questions, and etc. We thank you for leaving us with such positive feedback, and hope you visit us again next time you are in town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really nice, clean modern hotel. The rooms are spacious clean and up to date. Lobby, bar and meeting rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The location is perfect for businesses in Hauppauge, Islandia and Bohemia and close to Islip Airport. Only complaint is the food is a bit mediocre...typical hotel restaurant food. Breakfast buffet is great however.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
RC40-

Thank you for leaving us with such a fantastic review. It seems as though you really enjoyed your overall stay with us! I am pleased that you were very comfortable in your Guestroom, as well as enjoyed the bar and meeting rooms. I agree that our Hotel is also definitely located in a prime area, being that it is so close to the airport, yet still tucked away in a quiet location. I appreciate all of the comments that you have left for us, and I will certainly share them with the team. We hope you visit us again on your next trip out to Long Island.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed there for 2 days about a month ago with my wife. It's a very nice hotel. The rooms are fairly large and clean. Breakfast was pretty good. I had the buffet and my wife ordered the Lobster Eggs Benedict. Overall experience was very good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
George H-

Thank you for leaving us with such a wonderful review. It is great to see that your overall experience here was very good. It is our goal to provide you with a fantastic stay, service and meals. We hope to have your wife and back the next time you are in town. We would love to provide you with another fantastic experience!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although the Hyatt is not supposed to be a five star experience, it is supposed to be a clean, high end, business hotel. We checked in on a Friday evening because we had a wedding to attend. We were late & upon check in confirmed that we had one of there hypoallergenic rooms with a king bed. When we got to the room it was two doubles. We didn't have time to get a new room at that point because we were late so we told the front desk about the issue & they assured us that upon our return the correct room would be ready. We were shown another room with a king bed however it had a terrible chemical smell. When we asked for another room they told us that they were totally sold out and that was the only option. We asked if there were other people who had not checked in yet and they said no. However as we were speaking with that one front desk clerk five more people from an airline checked in right behind us. We had no choice but to take that room. When we woke up the next morning both my husband and I could not. We felt like our lungs were full of dust. It was a terrible experience. For a hotel chain of this caliber to have hypoallergenic rooms that are filled with dust & Chemical smells is unacceptable.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dirwpgops-

Thank you for leaving us with this review. I wish I had known you were facing such concerns while you were here. I would have been happy to help assist you by inspecting your room, along with an Engineer and a Housekeeping Manager.

At our Hotel we provide Hypo-Allergenic rooms that all under go an extra six-step process, in order to ensure the rooms have reduced airborne particles, as well as minimize the presence of potential irritants. These rooms are serviced up to the Hyatt standard and should not smell of Chemicals. I take the feedback you have shared very seriously, and can assure you that each Hypo-Allergenic room will be inspected. I have also shared your concerns with the Management team.

Once again, thank you for leaving us with this information and we will certainly use it to better the experience of future Guests.

Regards,

Jeff R.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!