“bad night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Hauppauge
Silver Spring
“bad night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Found this hotel on AARP website, thought it would be a great place to stay on our way to Cape Cod. What a mistake, 3 weddings and a party room rented until 4AM with screaming guests and loud music. Talked to management and received free breakfast but the noise continued. Would never go here again. They should rent the room over the party room to wedding guests!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband is a Hyatt Diamond and he travels to Hauppaugue a few times a year for business. This was my first visit to this hotel and I was impressed. The hotel has obviously going through some major renovations and it has a sleek modern aesthetic now. Upon check in we were upgraded to a very nice suite overlooking the golf course. We were only here for the night, but found the staff professional and courteous. The only few drawbacks were that the suite seemed to be a little warm in the bedroom side and I think that was because the main air vent was in the living room. I would also recommend a lighted make up mirror for the bathroom since it was a little dark. They also should have some kind of fan for the shower room to suck up the steam. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Arrived here a few days ago to find the front desk agent Karen to be extremely rude. Shaking off the fact I felt uncomfortable at check in, went to my room to fine 1.. Only 1 towel in my room. I'm a family of 3. Called the front desk to request more but only got the voicemail.. 1000 times. Manuel came to my room to drop a few off to me 45 min later to have him arrive on his cellphone! Didn't say a word didn't look at me nothing! What kind of hotel is this? I checked out the next day. If you want professional look else where!

• Stayed August 2014
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, yesterday
Johnyhk21-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback regarding your most recent visit. Our entire culture here at the Hyatt is to provide excellent, friendly, and professional service. I take your concerns very seriously, and I assure you we will look into them. As you can see from previous Guest reviews, this is not typical of our team. I can assure you that our main focus is solely to give you a wonderful, safe and memorable stay. I wish you would have contacted me directly while you were here, as I would have been more then happy to assist you with any such challenges you may have faced. I hope you give us another chance in the future, I know that we can give you the quality stay and service you deserve.

Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son and I were there for a baseball tournament. As late editions to the team they were very accommodating for our needs and made some arrangements to stay on the same floor with some of the teammates.

The internet was free for us (not sure where people are saying they paid).

Breakfast had a buffet, but we were not told this, and we were appreciative when we went to the counter and was able to obtain a voucher for the time. We did not go back again for this was an expense we were not prepared for.

Staff at the front was very good to extra towels and anything else needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Marian L-

Thank you for leaving us with such positive feedback regarding your most recent visit. I am so happy you found the team to be very accommodating, friendly and able to provide you with great service. Providing you with the best experience possible is our main focus! I will certainly share your kind words with the team and I hope you come back and visit us again very soon.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for a week on a business trip in August. Just off the main highway and easy to get to. Lots of free parking.

Rooms are big and have a huge TV, beds are good and has a decent shower. Only issue in the rooms was the loud buzzing fridge but once that is turned off you are good to go!

Breakfast had a good choice, chef cooking omelettes etc.

Free Wifi throughout the hotel and good enough to stream TV/films etc.

Food in the bar was not the best so would avoid eating there if possible

Decent Gym and a small pool if you want a swim

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mark J-

Thank you for the feedback you left regarding your most recent business trip. We truly appreciate the kind words you have left about our Hotel, and all of the nice features we offer. The rooms are definitely very nice, spacious and comfortable. We want our Guests to be able to relax while visiting with us, and to get the true Hyatt experience. It is also great that you were able to utilize the pool and the Fitness Center! Next time you are in town I highly recommend trying out our 18-hole golf course, as it is one of the best courses in the area! Once again, thank you so much and hope to have you back again soon.

Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for one night while visiting friends in the area. Staff was extremely friendly - great with recommendations and directions. They allowed me to check in to my room several hours earlier than check in.This hotel was very clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
IBBACCI-

Thank you for the fantastic review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our staff to be friendly and willing to accommodate your needs. We strive to provide super friendly and efficient service to each of our Guests, and make each stay wonderful. I am also pleased to see you received a lot of valuable information from the team as far as recommendations and directions are concerned. Our staff is very familiar with the surrounding areas, so they are definitely a good resource when looking for things to do and see! It seems you really enjoyed your visit with us, and we hope to have you back as a Guest again the next time you are in town.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend, could not have been a more pleasant stay. The property is excellent with a very nice golf course as well as an outdoor pool and a very nice heated indoor pool. The rooms were clean and were of a nice size, the beds are excellent as well are the pillows. The bar and restaurant on the main lobby were very nice. We stayed here for a baseball tournment and it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Ken B-

I am so happy that you had a fantastic stay with us and found it to be an excellent choice, while visiting for a baseball tournament. We take pride in our property as it is definitely beautiful and yields so many nice features/amenities, as you mentioned. I am also thrilled to know you really enjoyed your room and found your stay to be comfortable. We would love to have you back the next time you are in town.

Jeff R.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!