“Early Check in No Problem!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Hauppauge
Maui, Hawaii
“Early Check in No Problem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for one night while visiting friends in the area. Staff was extremely friendly - great with recommendations and directions. They allowed me to check in to my room several hours earlier than check in.This hotel was very clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waxhaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came in just for the night, but we were served well by the staff. We needed a car service for my daughter. We needed valet help. All was provided with a high sense of urgency and with great smiles. I love it when the team hustles!

Fitness room was extra clean and roomy, with high-end well-maintained equipment.

Stayed August 2014
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
LizardHntr-

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We appreciate you recognizing our team for the excellent service they provided. Giving you the best experience possible is our number one priority. I am also pleased to see you were able to also enjoy our large Fitness Center, and utilize some of the great equipment we have! Here at the Hyatt Regency Long Island we also have an indoor and outdoor pool, basketball courts, 18-hole golf course and many other fantastic amenities available for your use. We hope you come back and visit us again the next time you are in town!

Regards,

Jeff R.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed this past Sunday evening for one night. Property (grounds) were nicely kept and the building itself was dated and kept up. Rooms are older, with smallish bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and updated. Service at check-in was robotic, room service and bar service was lackluster at best. Dialed at least 15 times with a constant busy signal. Called the front desk only to be transferred to voicemail. Finally walked down to find bar manager and staff watching golf from the other side of the bar. I will note that this was prior (several hours) to two fire drills the property encountered (not their fault obviously). It seemed that the inmates were running the asylum at the point at which I arrived and requested service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Mike H-

Thank you for the feedback you have left for us in regards to your most recent visit. I am pleased to see that you found the property to be well maintained and your bed to be comfortable. I have shared your concerns regarding the phones and the service in the restaurant with the Management team. We will certainly look into this, as providing excellent service is our top priority.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share this review with us and I assure you we take your feedback very seriously.

Regards,

Jeff R.
New Jerzy, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed overnight at this hotel due to a wedding happening nearby. Overall I was ok with staying here. It did feel a little cramped. I'm usually booking a competitor but wife wanted to stay here with her friends at the same venue. The staff was friendly and parking was not an issue. There was this smell in the hallway but was gone in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nitesurfer1-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. We are happy to see that you opted to stay with us on your last visit, as you were going to a wedding nearby. I am pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly, and that you also got to enjoy the free and spacious parking as well. We try to provide excellent amenities, as well as fast and friendly service to each of our Guests. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in town. We have a lot of different amenities that we offer here at the Hyatt, such as our large fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, basketball courts, Restaurant, 18-hole golf course and more!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were lucky enough to be in touch with Karen Kohn, supervisor of the front desk. She made our stay pleasant and was extremely helpful and kind.

Almost all the staff are very friendly. We met our housekeepers Zoila and Mirta.
Sometimes each housekeeper has up to 27 rooms in one day. This may explain the sometimes rushed cleaning job of the room the 1st day.

We would like to also commend Mary and Henry C. at breakfast. Excellent service, and we asked to sit outside each time. Roberto G. fixed our mini-fridge which unfortunately froze all our organic and home cooked foods for my recovery diet.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were great, but after the staff party (we didn't mind) the outdoor pool floor felt a bit slimy, and the bathrooms still weren't clean at 1 o'clock the next day.

I parked under a tree( disabled zone) and the 2nd night a flock of birds must have roosted the night. What a mess my car was! Maybe there should be a sign that warns about this, because I can't be the first person this happened to.

There are beautiful grounds, plants, tress, and animal. I would rather listen to nature at the pool than the top 40 radio, which the hotel has on during pool hours. Sometimes there is a D-jay, and the radio stays on. This annoyed me, but I am easily annoyed for various health reasons.
It would be a great idea to open the pool bar (maybe only open on week-ends?) for guest convenience, and perhaps the added revenue may help to pay for extra cleaning staff.
We will be going back! Thanks Karen, for the quiet room and consideration you gave us.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor facing the golf course, and the corner room had two windows.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
What an excellent review you have left for us! We truly appreciate the sincere and kind remarks you have left about our staff. It is wonderful to know that Karen, Zoila, Mirta, Henrry, Mary and Huberto had such a positive impact on your stay. We will absolutely recognize them for their efforts!

I am so happy to see you were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub as well! Please note that I have shared your comment about the pool floor with the Engineering team. I can assure you that our Engineers maintain the pool and hot tub daily, and this is one of their prime focuses each day.

Thank you once again for leaving us with such kind words, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Hyatt L.I. once a year for the past 4 years on business. They have done a great job working with the staff over this time on their level of friendliness and professionalism. I did not encounter one hotel employee this past stay that was anything other than friendly and accommodating. While the hotel is a little bit older, it is still my number one choice when visiting L.I. I upgraded to an Executive suite this visit for a nominal fee and it was well worth the money. Well done to the management team.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for an Executive suite $23/night? for a golf course view with plenty of room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rmonterzoe-

Thank you so much for leaving us with this feedback. Our staff is dedicated to giving our Guests the best experience in the industry. We appreciate you sharing such positive remarks about the teams professionalism and friendliness. We are so proud to be the Hotel of your choice when you visit Long Island. We look forward to having you back again very soon!

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In Long Island for business and had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a couple nights. It's an older property compared to other Hyatt's I have stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful. To me the rooms were a bit cramped as was the bathroom. The work desk is not really setup for your typical business traveler that needs room to work. From what I could tell, the location is not really close to much, suggest you have a car available if you want to explore. I will look for other options on my next trip to LI.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Poinsda-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. I am disappointed to see that your stay did not impress you, and you found our property to be "older". As you can see from previous reviews we just recently renovated the property, and most of our Guests find it to be quite stunning! We also have many excellent features available to our Guests including the large Fitness Center, two swimming pools, a large 18-hole golf course, basketball courts and etc. I also wanted to let you know we are not far from a variety of restaurants, stores/malls, and various routes of transportation (the expressway, the LIRR and the airport). I do appreciate the kind remarks you have left about our staff, and it is great to see you found them to be so helpful and kind. We strive to provide efficient and friendly service! I hope you give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Jeff Rostek

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!